Long time players punished bc new players can’t use LFG

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Sgt. Rock, Sep 2, 2021.

1. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

You're over complicating it all. Know what would work for bpm and anyone similar? The option to not have to do it.
    • Like x 3
  2. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Do you realize that LFG is deactivated by default for years now? Only players who have been here for a while (or who have been told by others) know how to activate LFG and put it in their default chat box or its own separate tab. There are a LOT of players out there who don't have LFG on because it was never on for them. That's part of why so many don't use LFG.
  3. the solowing Steadfast Player

I skipped and dont need a carry.
  4. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

But if it requires all roles put together to trivialise it, then it’s still a group effort, isn’t it? It’s still not being soloed. You’re still not a spectator in your own game, which I do recognise must really suck too.
    • Like x 1
  5. the solowing Steadfast Player

If they want the clamped option off, sure! But the Unclamped (no feats/no marks)

Im open to allowing you that option but all meaningful rewards will be stripped out.
  6. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Why no feats?
  7. the solowing Steadfast Player

Its a group with not much effort, if it doesn't require effort to complete, strip it of meaningful rewards and let people run it un-clamped for fun
  8. Sgt. Rock Active Player

Your main or an alt is a skip toon ? Just curious.

I also have a skip toon (alt), the same however those appear to be outliers not the norm.

Used Replay Badges to purchase the feats I have on my main, honestly one of the MAIN reasons I continued to play this game was to do just that. I don’t want to re run old content I have already conquered on another toon & Im not alone.

Again the entire Source Mark system was reworked to force vets to re run old content for the benefit of new players & (some) CR skip toons
  9. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Hmmm, thank you for allowing the game you apparently own to do things for us?

Lol sorry but it isn't up to you that I'm aware. How it was was absolutely fine. You need to stop thinking we're all here to make your life better. We aren't and will not be. Bpm would like to run clamped and could then choose to be or not. Bpm would like less of a clamp. We get to now vote on the difficulty of an elite raid so why not do that for their subset of player base in clamped content? Why are you seemingly so obsessed with making everyone play your way or no way? Hell, I would love to go into a clamped elite and try it at different levels of difficulty.
    • Like x 3
  10. the solowing Steadfast Player

Well its makes the feats more of actual feats. (honestly i feel bad cause you're an OK person, and im just saying what i feel would be best for the game, its not that im out to get you or anything)
    • Like x 1
  11. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

What do you care how much effort it takes other people to do things?
    • Like x 4
  12. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Why would that be good for the game?
    • Like x 2
  13. the solowing Steadfast Player

You dont think im aware its not up to me? Stop taking what im saying and trying to put spin on it. Obviously im not a developer, Im just being my opinionated self is all.
    • Like x 1
  14. the solowing Steadfast Player

Because a achievement would actually feel like a achievement. And those who strive for for them will have that effort affirmed because not everyone can do the feats they did.

[IMG]
  15. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

They will have done that feat months and months, possibly even years before the likes of me. Isn’t that enough? Don’t forget that feats are tied to SP and character growth. I would probably never have got 525 sp if I’d started after this update, and I would be finding things even harder. And guess what? Some of these new players you claim to care about, will be a lot like me. So what of them?
    • Like x 3
  16. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

The difference is that this is a HUGE part of the game...figuring it out. The whole overgearing things to solve the problems came way later as an option. And while it worked to certain degree, overall it has caused a lot of problems...like teaching players to brute force their way through content instead of figuring out the mechanics of the content and learning how to use their abilities better.
    • Like x 1
  17. Shalayah Committed Player

Oh yeah because there are a ton of 50 CR players out here looking at LFG to run Khandaq. That’s not a good solution to the ongoing issue. However a better solution would be telling players that if they don’t want to run with newer players. You can create a group. You understand that right?

Probably not because you only see it from your pov while clearly ignoring players attempts at telling you how it really is for lower level players.

The option to create a group to ignore newer inexperienced players has always been there. There’s no adjustment needed to that. You aren’t changing the dynamic of how you play. However you’re telling newer players with a bad tutorial to just figure it out. The reason why that’s not applicable now is because there are a lot more complex systems to sift through. Back then you just had gear, and SP. now we have artifacts, augments, mods, allies, etc on top of the gear and SP.
    Back then players had less content meaning that there were WAAAAY more players looking to run older content than there are now. Everybody you see in LFG now are players running the current episode or are trying to get feats from old raids. Nobody is looking for at level players to run content. It’s not applicable as there are 10 years worth of content to sift through.

You can’t compare the old to new because those are 2 entirely different games.
    • Like x 1
  18. the solowing Steadfast Player

You'd be better off then any fresh player starting after the update who can no longer go back like you did. I dont care for feat farming. If i wanted to feat farming ill be dealing with the same difficulty as you.
  19. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

You misunderstand me. What I’m saying is if someone like me started playing today, they would be in a much worse position than I was in 2014.
    • Like x 1
  20. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Fair enough, everyone is entitled to their opinions! I do have a question tho, have you ran an elite since the clamp? I know you don't care or try for feats or sp but have you gone in and tried to get any? Do you think you are capable to be part of a group trying to get the speed feat in CoUe once it's clamped? Do you think you could help get Stake well done today? What about madness?

If you say yes, ok. I've no reason to not believe you. You don't even really have to answer me. But think about it. If you're even remotely unsure, do you think gearing up would help you attain these feats?

Little side story: I had 1 feat left to get in JLD. I and a few others that were also full renown in all content, barely missing any feats in any content, somewhere in the 330cr range with full league buffs, 200 artis, tac swapping, all the bells and whistles, went to go get it. We did. Eventually. Now I know we could have gotten it at level but this feat requires a full restart wipe if you don't get it right. And you won't know if you've gotten it till the boss is at 1% health basically.
    • Like x 1