Letter from Dimensional Ink CEO Jack Emmert

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

im going to reserve excitement for something that's actually worthy of it. you know like something actually being done to the game....
    • Like x 1
  2. Hurly-Burly Active Player

Agreed, holding excitement.

I kept hearing about the things holding DCUO back, but all those things or "Barriers" are now gone, but one constant with the game still remains......

If this was a true rebrand, new team, new leadership, etc, I would be excited. I expect more of the same because the same people are managing the game. No offense, got love for ya'll. However, DCUO needs real changes in attempt to reach the next level & compete with other mmo.

I don't care for snarky comments or humor. I don't care for the comedy acts. I care about content. This isn't Def comedy Jam. People pay for content, not forum post.

DCUO is not a profitable MMO in terms of estimated revenue. There is no reason to do a sequel unless new people are working on it. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing twice. Another DCUO, will simply be DCUO 2.0 which was a failure considering the IP. Why risk it?

Anyone remember the FFXIV launch failure? Yoshida was brought on & restructured the development team, rebuilding the game from the ground up. If he brought the same people, he would have had the same result. He knew this...
    • Like x 4
  3. Solarbound Committed Player

I've been saying this for the longest. It would be great to have Jens back on the DCUO team in his old Creative Director position, as he had greater insight on how to properly push DCUO moving forward. All of that went downhill when he left. His era was truly the best time of this game. I hope this Dimensional Ink endeavor can bring us back to the standard of what we once had in the Golden Age.
    • Like x 2
  4. TheWrecker Well-Known Player

Uh no thank you lol. Nerd of Prey was a HUGE upgrade!
    • Like x 2
  5. Barry Allen Well-Known Player

no
    • Like x 2
  6. TymeBlast Well-Known Player

This is great news to hear over all. My only concern is that City of Heroes was a pretty decent game and loved the content but it lacked the kind of content that we are all used to seeing with DCUO, however City of Heroes was shut down completely and left a lot of us players upset, lost and well......not to happy with the shutdown of the game.

Is this something that too will happen to DCUO?
  7. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

He started the weapon mastery era and added the dove tails, which pushed a lot of people away from the games
    • Like x 2
  8. Solarbound Committed Player

I wasn't the biggest fan of a lot that occurred within the introduction of weapon mastery and advanced mechanics either. But, is that really a gripe to hang over his head for the rest of his life? In hindsight, simply a good idea done wrong. Regardless, DCUO was still in a much better place during his time. And, I'll take that over this massive paywall era we're currently in any day.
    • Like x 1
  9. Barry Allen Well-Known Player

At least he tried to do something different... what we have right now? just time capsules and imposible drop ratios? how many ppl you think this time capsule things pushed away?
    • Like x 2
  10. TheWrecker Well-Known Player

Yes lol. No diggity no doubt
  11. TheWrecker Well-Known Player

Exactly. He caused problems. He didn't fix them.
    • Like x 2
  12. Barry Allen Well-Known Player

I feel sorry for you
    • Like x 1
  13. Solarbound Committed Player

Yet, the more severe problems occurred after he left....
  14. BabyBoyzim Dedicated Player

New dcuo with these devs? No thanks. Good luck!
  15. TheLastSuperman Well-Known Player

LOL NO!

Jens aka Spytle didn't even understand alt roles way back when they mattered (Example: Tank / Controller / Healer etc in pvp / debuffs etc). He pushed for changes that made sense to him and his play-style or lack there of. There was a FNL video when PVP was alive that showed him losing to Robin in legends... if you can't anticipate when to block a staff user, you shouldn't be a dev!!!! You should be in any other position but a developer spot - kick rocks for auras but do not work as a developer. He didn't understand how we played because he wasn't good at the game. He couldn't clip and couldn't beat many in a duel without whining about it (screenshots for proof right here just ask). I have nothing more to say about that man other than I'm glad he's gone, to me how I personally feel is he helped lead the game down a silly path at best and helped contribute to the downfall of pvp. How can you be a developer of a game, or lead developer for that matter when you could barely play the game you helped design? I 'Member it all.

I'm looking forward to some new games though from these new studios, time shall tell!
    • Like x 1
  16. Solarbound Committed Player

LMFAO! We're still holding on to his lack of skill as a player to push that argument? Come on now. I remember all of that, too, especially the clipping, lol:D
    • Like x 1
  17. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

We missed out on potentially a great long running feud. ObsidianChill vs Spytle. It was great while it lasted. I think he should start playing DCUO again on Twitch, Youtube, Mixer etc and just troll the game, rile up some players. Make some tweets/posts on DCUOs reddit, facebook, twitter pages etc. I mean just when is enough is enough is enough!
  18. Jafin 10000 Post Club

You can't really put that stuff on NerdOfPrey. Decisions like that usually come from the higher ups. If Spytle was still the creative director it's very likely those things would still have come to fruition. Creative directors have bosses too.
  19. TheLastSuperman Well-Known Player

Yes, why would someone lacking in skill i.e. a knowledge of "how to play the game" be a lead developer - when the changes they were developing around and pushing for were all based on how the game was played? Goodness man how does that sound in your head when you think "I should argue lack of skill doesn't matter" ? Geesh!
  20. Solarbound Committed Player

Entirely besides the point. I mean, you say that like we're supposed to expect the DEVS to be better than the players who dedicate their lives to playing this game 24/7. Didn't think the goal as a DEV is to be the most skilled player among their community. It's a silly argument. So, no, it doesn't matter to the degree you think it does. "UGH, Spytle got smacked by a guy using Robin in Legends!!!" Really??? Give me a break, man. I used to smack fools with Robin, too, back in those days. LOL!