Letter from Dimensional Ink CEO Jack Emmert

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Barry Allen Well-Known Player

?? i dont blame NoP... actually I dont even mentioned any about her... Im just saying there we NEED ppl who enjoy the game, not just bots, spytle could have bad things but nobody can deny he enjoyed the game equal or much than ObsidianChill for example, working and playing, you can see the chemestry between mepps and he in the old streams, actually compare any friday night legends against the newer stream. This game start to go down after he left in crisis dlc... most of the harder things that players enjoyed to play were ideas from spytle, you dont like WM or AM? ok that maybe was a mistake but was in order to balance an fix a problem there we still having today (prec v might dps balance) and was a completely free "upgrade" i mean, now the grate idea for fix that was put artifacts and make money with nth and that actually it doest fixed any, so we are worst or at least in the same place after what? 5 years?...

Idk how long you were playing m8 but trust me there is not a point of comparison between NoP and Spytle.
    And btw you cant speak about "how will be if spytle still..." cos you don't know what would happened if... talk with facts not with suspects
  2. Magnificent Loyal Player

This is what we've become, either someone is all good or all bad. smh

Spytle had his good aspects (Central City, FNL, he promoted the game when he played, etc). Even though he was in charge when they made the game primarily CR based (which he was warned against by numerous folks on this board), he at least made the attempt to try new things. This also means he was responsible for breaking PVP (WM, orbitals, removal of RPS all happened under him as well). Jens had been with the game (the last DLC he was fully in charge of was probably around the Riddled With Crime-Earth 3-Deluge time) from the start and ran it during most of its good and bad times.

Nerd has only had the lead for a couple of years and while TC's have become onerous (and I say that as a whale), the game was FINALLY able to tie into not only almost-current canon (Metal, for instance) but we FINALLY saw enough coordination for the game to release content based on DCEU movies (Shazam-based JLD and Shazam TC's around the time of the Shazam movie, the same for Aquaman) and I have no doubt we will see something similar for the next Wonder Woman movie. While Nerd fails on community involvement (Jens excelled there, he reminded me of Brad McQuaid during EQ's beta) she is a true fan of the comics and her work thus far has reflected that.

What I would like to see from her and the rest of the team going forward is:

1. More community involvement (Megzilla has been great on the forums, but we need some green names actually playing and streaming the game again to draw more interest).
    2. More content per DLC (as a minimum: 2 raids, at least one Alert (with an Elite version), at least one Duo (with an Elite version), sandbox world with the equivalent of solo stuff we saw in Riddled With Crime).
    3. At least set PVP back to RPS. That alone won't fix it but it would add back one of the balancing factors that made it so fun in the beginning.
    4. Increase membership bonuses to attract more subscribers.
    5. Adjust RNG so rare Collection items aren't ultra-rare (this would go a long way to fixing the economy as this and rare Materials/Auras seem to be the big cost items). Maybe even put Collection items up for sale in the Quark vendor (after the content is something like 5 years old)?
    6. Get back to introducing LPVE characters.
    7. More Iconics in content (the Metal 2 bar scene at the beginning of the Duo is perfect, it makes you really feel like you're part of a team). Not only should this be in missions but I would like to see more of them in the open worlds (even if they are just running/grappling/flying by).
    8. Since it can be tough to find players for older content, maybe some way to exchange Source Marks for Iconics to assist in older content after you've been in a queue for at least 5 minutes? Ideally they would scale to the player's level (or if there are multiple players then it scales to the average level of the group).
    • Like x 4
  3. TheLastSuperman Well-Known Player

I never siad they must be the most skilled player but if you can't best Robin in Legends when blocks against known staff moves were simple there isn't much else to be said, CLEARLY. Thanks for grouping him with the "fools" you smacked, makes sense ;).
  4. Solarbound Committed Player

You're ridiculous, man. I'm done with you:D:D:D
  5. Barry Allen Well-Known Player

yeah well... Jens was from 2006-2015(soe) and from 2015 to 2017 (daybreak - age of justice last dlc), he broke some things but never had enough time to fix the problems

This is merit of her? i mean was it for her that Warner finally released the permits?

all i can think now is how far the game could get if this "release" was in the golden age...
  6. TheLastSuperman Well-Known Player

We should petition for the emojis that are laughing with tears of joy be added on the forums!
  7. Jafin 10000 Post Club

You didn't mention her directly, but your message that I quoted was following a conversation where Solarbound said he would like to see Spytle back in the Creative Director position. You said "At least he tried to do something different" in response to Stanktonia's message about WM and dove tails, implying that while Spytle brought X, Y and Z to the table as creative director all that has been brought since NoP took over has been TCs and bad drop rates. The point I was getting at is that those two things don't correlate. WM/AMs are game mechanics, while TCs are loot boxes whose only effect on gameplay comes from the fact there are SP attached to them (for the record I don't agree with SP being tied to TCs, so I'm not defending the fact that TCs give SP), as well as being the method to obtain a few of the artifacts.

I've been here since the day the game launched. I've been here through the good and the bad. I don't deny that the glory days of the game were the T4 to early T5 time period. Anyway the point I was getting at was that things such as implementing lootboxes are not necessarily down to the creative director, so even if Spytle was still around that doesn't mean the exact same thing would have happened with them.

I'm not even arguing that Spytle was a good or bad creative director. As Magnificent pointed out above, both people have their own strengths and weaknesses, and nobody is perfect.
    • Like x 2
  8. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

Well said, but with the topic of TC’s, although I don’t like Certain aspects of them, I still see their worth because they support the game, so at this moment, they’re undeniably needed. Skill points being attached to them isn’t the problem, instead, skill points being the definitive strength of your character is the problem. The worth of skill points were fine pre revamp, the only thing that was needed was the new stat skill trees.
  9. Barry Allen Well-Known Player

maybe my english inst good enough and that cause you misunderstand me, i was speaking in general when i said "at least blablabla..." is not against NoP work specify, actually for be honest in 2 years i dont even know what she is responsable for or not for blame her of any... all i can say is what i saw, and what it is? well I just can see the old work and that belong to "Jens stage" (assume that is cos he had more years working for SOE-DB) cos be honest even the TC's are a money grabing copy of Prometheum Boxes. Then artifacts are similar than WM/AM buffs but much more boring and hard to upgrade and again money grab... and what else? oh yes, Atlantis, that is a big point for "NoP stage" although the 1st stage released New Genesis (and that was a big new map too) but for be fair the 2nd stage was blessed by Warner hand... anyway I cant see the "pros" in the 2nd stage or at least arent so much relevant to say "no jens andersen no pls no" with successes and failures Jens did a lot more.

And when I said "there is not point to comparison blablabla" what i tried to say is NoP havent the same time working for daybreak than Spytle had, is like 10 years against 2, for compere and be fair we must to compere year by year at least.

Anyway isnt a competition and maybe both could work together in a future. I still thinking jens had awesome ideas what needs a lot of polishing and those final points could become from NoP maybe...
  10. Jafin 10000 Post Club

That's fine, I totally get that. Like I said, I wasn't arguing that Spytle was better or worse, just that people are different and not all things should be compared equally. :)
    • Like x 2
  11. GalaxySniper Loyal Player

For many former players like myself. we've been keeping a eye on DCUO. Sadly I must say I'm not impressed by the rout DCUO is been going. It's been literally 2-3 years for me now since I played DCUO.
    I hope DCUO does good in 2020.

But I'm telling you now, if you want to be more popular this game needs to be totally free to play. Ppl laughed at me when I said this game will have more micro transaction and the subscription will be devalued over the years, and it seem I am right. Told ppl free to play games will generate more money while ppl laughed at me, and I'm seemed 2 be right.

To all the faithful DCUO players that don't have a problem with the way they do business, that's fine with me. But for most online players like myself, I am not paying for subscription just to pay for microtransaction to enjoy the game.
  12. Magnificent Loyal Player

I understand the gripes on microtransactions but if you're going to say they need to stop them then you also need to include what alternative way they can make money to continue buying hardware, paying employees, paying for electricity, etc.
    • Like x 1
  13. Solarbound Committed Player

It's not our job to provide those alternatives. Yet, the answer is simple enough. Restructure the marketplace towards what the players actually want. Plenty of threads throughout these forums to give them a few rough ideas to spark their intuition.
  14. IcyStone Well-Known Player

When can we expect more news about this unanounced game?
  15. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

if all of those time capsule styles, materials and auras were worked into the game as drops and items subscribers can earn through grinding marks and game play they might not have to resort to selling stabilizers to support the game.

silly concept. no?
  16. TheWrecker Well-Known Player

Thanks lol. Real talk man. I feel sorry for you and your mother. Good luck and God bless you both.
  17. TheWrecker Well-Known Player

I'll talk facts. It's a fact that Jens set the game back years with many of his decisions that you just listed. Truth hurts.
  18. TheWrecker Well-Known Player

He drove away thousands more with his poor decisions than any time capsules.
  19. Barry Allen Well-Known Player

Why you still talking to me? stop pls.
    • Like x 1
  20. SkullGang Devoted Player

With the announcment of a new game being worked on could this be the reason for the agresstive time capsules and mtx practices ?
    • Like x 1