Let's all welcome are PC brothers and sisters to DCUO:)

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by ThePastMaster, Jan 13, 2016.

1. Zlohsac Committed Player

Idk about other PC players but I am really not looking forward to playing with PS players.

The merger is nice and all but I just get the feeling that this is one of those "there goes the neighborhood" type things.
    • Like x 3
  2. IIThe QuestionII Loyal Player

As long as no one tries to steal my favorit...erm, i mean, my enemy studying spot outside the magic wing then there won't be any troubles :D
  3. GI Jessie Well-Known Player

I would love to use PC players as human shields. Ha but thats just because I would find it funny lol :p
  4. darth_paul Dedicated Player

Some of us can and do play a lot better on a PC with a controller.;)
    • Like x 1
  5. Zygar Cthulhukin Well-Known Player

At least we know it's our and not are.
    • Like x 3
  6. Jeazy Baby Dedicated Player

Thank you for the welcoming message (though we are already here lol). It's obvious that the PS side has many more players and I'm quite happy to see the increase in population (was getting pretty vacant on the PC side). Ignore the PC Master Race folks, i'm sure there will be no issues with PC players super outperforming PS players because of hardware advantages.

During the Nekron Event yesterday I noticed a lot of people in chat saying that there were soo many people at arkham, so much lag and nothing was loading. I was just standing there with my i7-4790K and my GTX 970 wondering what everyone was talking about, everything is visable and running fine.

There are a lot of people on PC who play this game with hardware similar or < the capabillity of the PS4. While it's true that people with higher end gaming PC's have the capabillity of outperforming PS4. The reallity is the system requirements for this game in particular are low enough to allow people with low end PC's to play it just fine. Any old budget laptop or desktop can play this game and for years I played using a basic i3 processor and the Intel HD graphics that were integrated. So while I myself have a quite nice gaming PC I have to say that the whole "PC Master Race" thing doesn't really apply to this game given that the PS4 is lightyears a head of the minimum requirements of this game and there are many PC players in this game with systems that underperform the PS4.

DC Universe Online Minimum Requirements

CPU Speed: 2.4+ GHz Dual Core Processor
    RAM: 1 GB
    Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GTX+ or ATI Radeon X1950+ Video Card

Free Disk Space: 30 GB of Free Hard Drive Spaces
    • Like x 1
  7. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Fellow PC players! We will be meeting the PS world!

• Like x 5
  8. darth_paul Dedicated Player

Cue the cantina band! :D
  9. not_again Dedicated Player

Question for my new PC friends: How bad are the gold sellers?
  10. Nemisor Committed Player

man all the snipers taking shots here lol.

just all be thankful that this will cause a population boost. PC are not the new kids coming to play with PS and vice versa. its a merge, were all on even footing.

and ive seen just as many people struggle with outdated PC's as they do with some consoles.

as for communication i think were all going to have to learn some give and take on that. PS players will have to watch chat and PC players might have to be ready to have voice on.
    • Like x 2
  11. Pults Loyal Player

They're everywhere, lfg, shout chat in watchtower, shout chat in police stations and night clubs.
    • Like x 2
  12. Craven Green Loyal Player

Well dang then you will miss out on my beautiful voice. :(
  13. Craven Green Loyal Player

I offer my most heartfelt welcome to the PC villain brothers and sisters. Make yourselves at home, not my home I just shampooed the rugs but someones. You can come visit but make sure you call first and only on the third Thursday of the month if its a leap year otherwise I'm not home.
    • Like x 2
  14. Hraesvelg Always Right

I've been here since beta. You can't welcome me to somewhere I already am. You PS people need to get over yourselves.
    • Like x 1
  15. Nemisor Committed Player

i feel like someone needs to make this into a civil war meme
    • Like x 2
  16. The Anxient Loyal Player

Just know that all ps players aren't represented by this sentiment. I'm looking forward to the higher population for quicker qeue times and faster group building.
    Will be cool to run with some people from the forums.
    • Like x 1
  17. AdaptiveAndroid Well-Known Player

Avoid 5v5 and HOTr chat
    • Like x 1
  18. Craven Green Loyal Player

well glad you're coming anyway maybe you can take the stick out of your bum and ride it on over .:)
  19. Kroye Loyal Player

You really don't need LFG on USPC's villain side when all 8 of you are in the same phase of the HoD.
    • Like x 2
  20. scotv453 Well-Known Player

This whole thread should be about pc welcoming ps to our world.