Let the backlash begin...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TheLoneLantern, Jul 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XxRudgerxX Well-Known Player

I honestly don't care to be honest. The fact is that AF will still be run for the prestige, armor drops and feats, so it won't be useless, however the stat increases from strategos to the new one i'm guessing would be huge compared to Scion to strategos. The new marks will stop people from buying the new chestpiece or whatever outright and getting an early advantage. It wouldn't be a gamebreaking advantage, and perhaps a little unfair to those who stockpiled them, but everyone would be on an equal footing with this change.

Honestly, I don't care. I'll be running the new content almost daily anyway for the prestige and marks, and maybe Amazon Fury for the prestige and a few leftover feats, but worst case scenario it'll just set me back by a week at the most.
    • Like x 1
  2. MetalMario Loyal Player

I wasn't paying close enough attention to realize if anyone had explicitly stated that MoF would be used for the new DLC and was unaware of any lying, if it did take place. I'm not going to assume by default that that your allegation is correct unless I see some official statement saying that. Anyway, like people have said, it's not finalized.
    • Like x 1
  3. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Exactly..... The marks are gonna be pointless after a few raids.... Most groups will be Able to complete 2 raids the thirds gonna be. More challenging ....

Don't mistake me for defending them but I think what they don't want is another t5 fiasco..... When son of trigon came out and war of the light people were able to buy half the new vendor gear the day it came out....making peoe get bored with the dlc faster.... And with each dlc using the same marks system... It made it so much easier and faster to gear up strictly through the vendor....

That's why I think they are doing this ....

That being said I think they should never have committed to a mark for the dlc til they were certain... It's bad business to tell your customers one thing then change it later...

I think marks shouldn't be tied to a tier anymore and think the term tier needs to be removed.... We should be calling the gear by it's item level rating...

They should stop making new mark types go back to marks of distinction ... Use that as the highest vendor gear mark and use triumph for anything below.... As soon as a new dlc drops with better gear the marks of distinction you have are converted into triumph and you start from a clean slate.... That way when a new dlc drops everyone's on the same level playing field on day one...

My opinion tho and something like this needs to be announced before people have already spent replays gettig the highest number of marks for the Next dlc assuming it would be business as usual especially after a dev specifically said so...
    • Like x 6
  4. Feenicks New Player

If this change turns out to be true then we were lied to. That alone makes me mad.
    • Like x 7
  5. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

I don't see defense or toughness. Anyone consider that this could be PvP?
    or am I missing something
    • Like x 2
  6. MetalMario Loyal Player

I'll check and edit this in a minute, but the gear comes from a guy you talk to about the new dlc content.

Edit:
    Ok, well the gear has defense, but all of the content says it rewards marks of fury. This could just as easily be some thing to not let people test everything while wearing the 94 vendor gear instead of the 92 stuff.
    • Like x 3
  7. Lacedog Loyal Player

looking at it, those stats are pretty low as well.....

edit - or low"ish"
  8. sterl320 New Player

exactly, but they should not have said that the mark was going to be Mark of Fury.
  9. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

yup... that seems reasonable
  10. Feenicks New Player

I just popped on to check. It's PVE gear from the vendor near Mr. Miracle.
    • Like x 1
  11. sterl320 New Player

buy some gear to dematerialize for prestige points. if the MoF is going to change to MoT, then the 92 gear will be perfect to buy.
    • Like x 1
  12. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

That's another thing I don't think people should be able to move on to the next dlc til they have atleast completed the highest item level of the previous dlc...... Or atleast only be allowed to run the single or duo player stuff that drops the same item level as the previous tier in order to run the more lucrative parts of the newest dlc....

Again. It something they should implement for halls of power but something they should do for future dlcs
    • Like x 1
  13. sterl320 New Player

watch the live stream with Spytle. He explicitly said that the new DLC would be using Marks of Fury. There's your statement.
    • Like x 2
  14. TrueOlympus New Player

screw the marks issue for a second. People, they are literally taking relevant content away from us. T6 was about surpass all other DLC based tiers in terms of pure content and they just HAD to do this? Like really? T6 was looking like it was going to be the new golden age of DCUO. We would have had 3 alerts, 3 raids, 2 duos, a Battle Zone, a plethora of unique solos. WITH MORE CONTENT ON THE HORIZON!

This ALMOST rivals my disappointment with the handling of fire for the past year and 5-ish months.
    • Like x 5
  15. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

I agree with this

I prefer duos and alerts over raids... I think every dlc should have atleast a solo a duo an alert and a raid... Atleast one of each

If it's a small group content dlc it should mean it has anywhere from 2 to 3 solo objectives 2 or 3 maybe 4 duos..... And 1 to 2 alerts ...

Large group content should be 2 or 3 raids... 2 or 3 alerts... 1 duo 1 solo....

This would leave something for everyone in each dlc ...
    • Like x 2
  16. light FX Steadfast Player

All i have to say is WOW. The only point to this being done imo is so people buy more replays to get the gear. And with the problems this game has had lately and now the greed? DCUO u keep pushing people away from your game, nice job.
    • Like x 2
  17. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Whoops I meant and 1 raid in the small group content
  18. Feenicks New Player

Yeah, with the new fire revamp now live..........smh

EDIT: meant to say not happy with.....the new fire revamp.
  19. light FX Steadfast Player

I posted this same suggestion in the dlc structure thread, saying 1 solo, 1 duo, 1 alert and 1 raid in every dlc and then add more of whatever for large or small content. I prefer raids and alerts but i see peoples point. And the changing of the marks now makes dlc10 completely obsolete. Ive asked this b4, who makes these decisions?
  20. Zim New Player

Another reason why this last DLC was so terrible. Can't even use the 100 mark fury cap towards the new gear.

You could of basically skipped the entire last DLC and not even missed a beat.

So will this next set be t7 gear or still t6? Doesn't make much sense to me but I honestly could care less. At this point you have to just go with the flow.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.