Lernaea's Amulet op

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Stanktonia, Sep 8, 2020.

1. gemii Dedicated Player

Your right I apologize I just took it that way because you brung up balance within the rant
    • Like x 1
  2. inferno Loyal Player

Precision's weapon buff is an immediate 25% boost to precision stat. That's without having to level up any artifacts, without spending money on Seals, without the risk of killing yourself. That 25% boost is good for 20 seconds but the cooldown of the weapon buff is less than that. Which means as long as your hitting your weapon buff you will always have a 25% boost to your stats. Wanna remove that, too?
  3. Legasei Well-Known Player

Could you post a link to what you found or post a video of yourself testing it?
  4. SekretVillain Loyal Player

They cant because it's all hot air.
  5. Berza Committed Player

Seems like you don't realize that to deal significant damage as a Prec DPS you need that buff. Wasting a slot on your loadout. I would love it to be removed. Of course, every and all weapons would need a 33% buff (the buff increases your Prec in a 33%,no 25).
    Or better, reduce all might damage by a 33%, to force all players, and not only one play style, to play with only 5 available slots. Oh yes! And add a cost of 20 SP to the superpowers focus, because it is pretty obvious that is not fair at all for a might dps to need less skill points than a Prec one.
  6. inferno Loyal Player

I know that very well. It seems that the way of thinking right now is that if something buffs ones abilities and they throw out numbers it should be taken down and called out immediately.

He's comparing 2 stand out weapon combos; one where you spend 5 skill points, do half-asleep against an artifact that not only takes time and effort to level up but also getting a rotation that doesn't end up killing you AND demands attention from a healer, troller and the rest of the group to max out survivability.

Even with the changes of DW Flurry and doomspin they are still the most viable weapon combos in the entire range of weapon attacks. I would rather he asks the Devs to not go for the massive Precision balance but to adjust one weapon attack from each style one at a time to give every style a better option to use.
    • Like x 1
  7. Berza Committed Player

If you think Doomspin only needs 5 SP, then you know little about the game. I paid money for my VWD, and even that boost on rank doesn't give me what I paid for. And saying that DWFS is the only viable option, when it is dealing a **** of damage compared to AHV, Light, Gadgets.... shows again how unnecessary the nerf was. But you know, the people who is writing walls of text in the testing feedback about the BUG CORRECTION on the Solar Amplifier didn't put a single result about that. And I won't name, but you know who I am talking about.
  8. inferno Loyal Player

To activate doomspin, you only need 5 SPs, that's why I mentioned it. Yes, I agree. The Situation that happened with VWD was bad since a lot of people spent REAL money to get it to 160. Regardless, that it WAS dealing very high damage in conjunction with DWFS compared to anything else in the game. I didn't use it, it didn't matter to me. What I wanted to happen was adjust everything to that level rather than bring it down.

Remember the numbers we were getting before the Power balance. We were hitting close to half a million with a cast on some powers. We asked for Game-wide power balance, sacrificed half a year of game content and all we got was a significant reduction in damage. I don't even care to remember how many years ago that was and we are still trying to balance things out because they are still not. I prefer it better with the other thread where players are calling out what they believe is under-performing in the game.

Initially, I thought artifacts was introduced to compensate for powers and increase their damage level and put out top damage. Cash cows, money pits, a lot of people thinks this way. Batuba corrected my thinking and mentioned that primarily Artifacts are designed to offer an alternative gameplay. Over-performing abilities is an unintended consequence. And from my interaction with him, I can see that he is meticulous and, I'd even say, passionate about his work. IF there is something wrong with an Artifacts' performance then test it, get some data in and present it. IF the amulet is OP, test it with all the powers and rotation. Don't cherry pick a power type or cast that shows OP damage. ALL that shows is that power cast MAY be the one that's OP and the Amulet just magnifies it.

Anyway, I know who you're talking about and I've done testing on my own in the past. I'm sure you must have done it yourself sometimes. You have to admit that takes a LOT of time. I do not disbelieve him when he says he used up a weekend going through all that. As much as I love this game and spend a lot of time to grind and play. I'm being honest here. I would not spend that much of my own time to present data for that potentially benefits everyone else. I'm just very selfish with my time with the game, specially since I use it to relax and have fun outside of real world stuff. There may be times I don't like what it may say but I always appreciate the time and effort that they take to do it and present it.

Anyways, back to RL.
  9. Berza Committed Player

You can activate DS using only 5 SP. And you can activate Tactical Advantage getting your Strat to Rank 80. True, you can. It will be useless but you can.
    Actually, I don't test Laerna. I have zero interest. I never will run it. Nobody in my league uses it, all our healers agreed in banning it from league runs. If I pug or queue as healer and someone is using it, I will specifically work to avoid healing them unless I'm forced due to having to heal others. If I pug or queue as tank or dps and the group wipes because the healer has not power, I will tell the suicidal to stop hitting themselves. Only once, if they don't I will quit.
    But we are talking about a buff of about 20% might, up to 30%, almost permanently. Please, can you explain me why having a 60% for half the time is so unbalanced, but having a 30% permanently is balanced? And, don't you dare to say because you receive damage. Being a Prec DPS means being subject to being countered, receiving increased damage. There is no drawback in being a 1234 player.
    • Like x 1
  10. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Genuine question: why are healers so afraid of the amulet? It's really not a big deal and it's even easier to deal with since it was fixed. I have a few league mates running it and have had them remove their ability to cancel and have barely noticed them using it. Now, they're smart and have tested multiple loadouts to see what works and yeah, it works impressively. Like to the point where I will happily heal them because they're upping their damage very significantly. Quick runs means less chances of bad luck. Now I have seen people over doing it and stacking way too much but that's their own fault. And to be completely honest, we have been removing them for elite runs. But anything else, the artifact is incredible.
    • Like x 1
  11. Starblast Well-Known Player

My Main is a Quantum DPS and I cannot find the best loadout for it. Is there a guide for what loadout is best for each powerset somewhere that is up to date? and BTW....i refuse to not have Quantum Tunneling in my loadout. I need to be able to teleport. it's just my fave way of getting out of areas and reviving people and getting out of the way of things. :)
  12. Berza Committed Player

Hmm seems like you never healed. If some attack is going to deal an 80% of total HP, and a healer can predict it, that healer will have people topped just before that. But suddenly boom, suicide dps number one hits a power while having 7 stacks, then the boss hits in middle of the next power used by that dps, and you find yourself with only 2 dpss.
    Actually, most healers will find insulting its use. How would a tank feel about a player that constantly steals aggro? How will a dps feel if a tank artifact shielded the boss?
    Laerna forces healers to work harder, healing a damage that should never happen to start with. Oh and then the suicidal dps number one is on their knee and blames who? Themselves?
  13. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I've been healing since 2012 and for most of that, literally only healing. As of late, it's been so boring and easy so I've been welcoming any challenge to it such as ignoring mechanics or letting people try out different things with the artifact. Non elite but will happily let them go at it in older elites till I figure out the new one better. If they take a knee, yeah it is their fault. I'm not using the priority heal on them, they know this. Unless no tank since then it's clearly something easy anyway. So far, again, I've barely noticed they're using it without them canceling it. Can it "go overboard "? Yeah I'm sure. But I think healers are overreacting quite a bit. Last raid we were in, the 1 person using it doubled the the bottom 4dps's and beat out the 2nd place person by 7mil overall, 4.5mil boss damage. So yeah, please use the artifact and I'll happily heal you.
  14. ArtemisWonderWoman7 Well-Known Player

My thoughts on it is if you choose to use it and you die its on you not the healer.there is a lot of attacks that ignore shields and a lot of attacks that deal 80% damage so if you die hitting a power its on you. None in my league use it but I do have 1 at 80 to try. I told myself that I will use it but I didn't feed any of my other arts to get it up so I can switch it out if the damage is to much
  15. Berza Committed Player

For what I read, you play with people you know, no pugs or blind queue. Try that.
    And, you say that using the Laerna makes a player double other dpss, but it is balanced? Never did DWFS double damage than an average might dps, yet they nerfed it...
  16. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Most of the time, yes I play within the league. I do pug/ lfg quite a bit and have seen some people using it. I remember 1 that was absolutely overdoing the stacks but HOLYYYYY CRAP his damage out was staggering. But guess what, he wasn't just running amulet. He also had tetra and scrap, our troll was buffing him, sodas going and who knows what else. If anyone wants to claim this is op, then test every power with just this on, no buffs no colas no other artifacts. Then I'm guessing it won't be that impressive. If someone has might sp maxed out, health maxed out, tetra, blah blah then they are op not the amulet.
    And as far as seeing some crazy numbers from prec users, yes I have indeed seen them doubling random pugs. I never called for nerfs to anything, I stand by as a supporter to uneven powers since as an avid comic book fan, that's how it is. Some powers are more destructive than others. It's how the game should be. It's like a shotgun vs a 9mm in any fps. One has to do more damage or what's the point in picking the harder to use one? Balance isn't something I care about. Clearly since I'm a sorcery main. So if a prec user runs cog/ neo/ weapon buff/ and idk what else prec people use then compare that to another might user but make sure the sp and gear and ability is all equal.
  17. Dogico Loyal Player

I pug with the amulet all the time and don't have problems keeping myself alive. I've run all T10 alerts with no healer and have been fine.
  18. Dogico Loyal Player

Casually hitting 80k implies that anyone can hit these numbers with any powerset. I'm 317 cr 500 sp with the amulet at 160, as an Earth toon my st rotations hit around 45-50k. Not sure where you're seeing 80k.
  19. ALB Dedicated Player

Gadgets and HL maybe.
  20. SekretVillain Loyal Player

That's the thing, your league mates may be smart but in LFG or blind Qs ppl arent the brightest bunch and just spam expecting heal to heal all their damage taken. I too have a friend that has tried that arti and I havent had issues healing him unless I zoned out for a few seconds he dies due to raid damage ontop of art damage.

But randoms? No they arent smart enough to test anything that has negative effects, they level it, equip it and jump into something to do trial runs to see how it effects their damage out.