Lernaea's Amulet op

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Stanktonia, Sep 8, 2020.

1. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

Why was flurry or doomspin nerfed if there was just going to be an artifact introduced that buffs might beyond their level. This art is casually netting 75-80k during ST (with good rotations), out performing pre nerfed flurry, and on 3 targets it’s producing 12-14 mill (good rotations), outperforming the crazy strength of doomspin. People were asking for might to be buffed instead of those prec combos being nerfed, but instead, might in fact gets buffed to the strength of those combos, while those combos get nerfed in the process, how is that balance? Lernaea's Amulet Is definitely the way to go in elite because it’s performing better than flurry and doomspin was before their nerf.
    • Like x 1
  2. Vitalizerr New Player

Doomspin was outdpsing in ST too, Amulet is good for certain powers only .. think about it like how rage and electric were op precs for their SCs. Amulet cannot really be used for most melee rotations too due to the huge self damage you get. Also, many precision melee rotations now hit just as hard as doomspin did. just learn how to do it instead of tap tap holding your way to top dps.
    • Like x 1
  3. Sam Hatch New Player

Because the developers profit heavily via shifting the dps meta
    • Like x 1
  4. SekretVillain Loyal Player

5. ALB Dedicated Player

Who was using doom spin on elite bosses? Nothing is hitting as hard as doom spin was. Brawling and 1h nice, but it don't hit hard like doom was. Pretty sure both of those combos are tap tap hold.
  6. ALB Dedicated Player

Is the artufact broke? I don't think it's taking players health down like its supposed to
  7. Legasei Well-Known Player

Been searching YouTube for video evidence of this with no luck. Could you help me out?
    • Like x 1
  8. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

I didn’t doomspin not once, besides legends pvp I’ve never used it, but I’ve still been melee prec dpsing, I gave away one of my builds after the nerf to help everyone out. Furthermore, doomspin was not good on ST, definitely not better than flurry. Secondly, the damage you receive from amulet is basically mute after they reduced it, it’s even more void since in elite you’re running with two heals primarily. And I’m aware of almost ever melee prec rotations since I’m one of the very few (if not the first one) who started this style of prec dpsing, and there’s no rotation that’s out performing pre nerfed doomspin, there are ones that’s close, sure, but none of them are parsing higher, however with Larnea’s amulet the majority of good might rotations are out performing pre nerfed doomspin. Keep in mind, I have no problem with the art being strong, I actually like it and it’s concept, but nerfing prec while giving might a buff in the process is what’s bothering, especially since everyone was asking the devs to just buff might to precs potential anyway.
    • Like x 2
  9. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

No, they reduced the damage it gives, which is fine because it basically was unreliable beforehand. However With two heals (elite) the amount of damage taken from the art is barely noticeable
  10. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

It’s not hard to find, I saw someone using it in one of the most recent videos. I personally tested this before while I was able to
  11. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Videos of these claims?
    • Like x 1
  12. SekretVillain Loyal Player

But you made the claim its OP so the burden of proof is on you, not us.
    • Like x 3
  13. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Yes, it's a very strong artifact but are you looking at people that aren't canceling or perhaps people that have it paired with other might buffing builds? Meaning, have you tested it by itself? I've seen some strong numbers but it isn't just because of amulet.
    • Like x 1
  14. L T Devoted Player

Seemed to be working correctly on the test server at least. Regular abilities, movement abilities, combo abilities, and iconic attacks all generated damage for me.
  15. RylynneHelm Active Player

how, just how can ANYBODY still think DBG cares ANYTHING about a fair and balance game????? they will...in time nerf it. and make the next "new" thing op. and the wales will pour money into it. and the cycle will start all over again.
    • Like x 1
  16. gemii Dedicated Player

This might be the quickest call for nerf
    They nerfed the artifact before release so survival is more achievable than it initially was especially if you have two healers In the group the chances of you actually dying are almost non existent.
  17. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

I never asked for a nerf, this is more so a rant. Read what I’ve said
  18. AV Loyal Player

That depends on the power. Healers feel Celestial with it and HL is dangerous. Elec is safe with it. On Fire I'm "safe" but it's very content dependent and even if the healers aren't affected it can still get us killed easily if we're not careful, eg I would still get killed by it a lot in CTe fb or lb due to the chaotic nature of that fight's unpredictable bursty damage spikes. Also, the healers have to be actually good. I've had to take mine off due to healers before, so I don't think it's fair to say that average healers are letting this reach its full potential. Gadgets is, I think based on my testing before it released, the only power that unduly benefits from Amulet because it was already a top tier ST power vs sparring target and it has cheap, spammable Tazer Pull, so it can ride 10 stacks safely and easily on top of having access to Stealth. For the rest of the spectrum, it's tended to help the powers that were the worst ST performers and benefit the strongest powers the least.

It's relatively safe on Grail but the fact she resets our stacks constantly hurts it and it ends up being pretty comparable to trans in my experience. Same story for Zeus but worse + have to stop DPSing way before blast so it's not worth using. It's better than I thought it would be for adds but also forces us to either slow down a bit between groups to maintain stacks or it just loses stacks between adds. It has the biggest gap between its sparring target performance and its real world performance of any artifact (in elite, in reg it will absolutely be unstoppable but then everything is there).

If they make pure tank & spank content with wishy washy mechanics it shines but content like we have right now and it's good but not great. It's kinda the same but opposite of Source Shard, which is pretty meh in most tank & spanks but good in content where we're forced to stop rotation to deal with mechanics constantly. I honestly hardly use mine anymore in current relevancy content. Situational.
  19. gemii Dedicated Player

I agree 100 percent. I’m not a fan of the artifact in general And would never use it I don’t care what damage it does. It can cost a raid And it’s toxic if your using it with powers it doesn’t mesh well with

I have no complaints against it though theres a risk factor toward using it It’s not as big as it was when it first went on test but still a risk factor implemented in it
    • Like x 1
  20. AV Loyal Player

Yeh, I agree with you. I was one of the people pushing for it to be less suicidey. I think it's ok now judging from my experience with various healers and that it wouldn't have been at all viable the way it was originally but I can understand the perspective of feeling it should hurt a bit more... just really hard to do cuz it's all bursty, like maybe it'd work if it just applied a steady DoT that grew in intensity or something.

Totally toxic on the wrong powers. Like I can't imagine an HL running with it and doing their standard BiS rotation. Even after the dmg nerf it was dealing fatal damage almost instantaneously on test. My philosophy is that if we ask the healers and they can't even tell we're using it then we're 100% good, if they can tell but they're comfortable that's ok, and that if it's clear they're having to react to our bar constantly then we shouldn't be using it. And obv still only when using it in the appropriate content. I feel it pretty much has to be as potent as it is to justify owning it when we can't really use it half the time anyways.
    • Like x 2