Legendary allies being redeemable for all characters.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by 9001BPM, Sep 16, 2021.

1. Charon Lead Content Designer

So this is a bit premature but things we are considering:

• Legendary alliances on Cyborg for similar source mark prices for artifact catalysts and ally alliances. Price TBD. This is something you can expect soonish. They DO drop from End game content as well.
    • MP bought Allies being account wide.
      • Figuring out the best way to do this as there isn’t a super clean method but we’re looking at it.
    • In the future putting Legendary allies on Cyborg for a higher currency price point (TBD - both the currency and the price point) that would be a 1 to 1 ratio - character based, not account based. So the best cost efficient method would be MP but you would have options based on needs, finances, etc.
    • Like x 19
  2. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Thank you for the update! Hopefully you can figure it all out soon. :)
    • Like x 3
  3. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

This is good news to hear but I am curious as to how is there isn't a clean way to make the Allies account bound? When the marketplace first launch all goods bought were redeemable on every character. To this day stuff I bought ten years ago are account bound.

I suppose people who them already makes things confusing but shouldn't most items simply have a switch(as someone who coded in the past i know that's likely a gross oversimplification) that makes it present on the redeem screen ?
    • Like x 1
  4. OnlyNomad The One Above All

Great news! :D
  5. Charon Lead Content Designer

Yeah moving forward it's nice and clean, it's the retro portion of it that needs some noodling. It is very much a thing we're doing noodling on.
    • Like x 7
  6. BumblingB I got better.

To be honest, the last two are what I expected the Allies system to be. Which is how Legends characters were done. Thank you.
    • Like x 3
  7. BumblingB I got better.

Would it be possible to make the change now and refund the equivalent marks to the characters that have purchased the Ally?

Like, say, 200 marks for Aquaman and a player bought 2, one for his Water alt and one for his Sorcery alt. The account would have the ability to redeem the the Aquaman on the rest of his alts, but those two would have 200 marks?

Just a thought. Of course the price of them is up to you, I just doubled the cost of the ones you can get in game.
    • Like x 1
  8. Cordelia Well-Known Player

Throwing my two cents in, I like all these ideas. I kind of wish you had started them this way. Thank you for the update and I hope you guys *DO* implement these in some form.
    • Like x 3
  9. Yvtq8k3n The 7 Well-Known Player

Make MP allies account bound and for 10 bucks and everyone will buy it.
  10. MrWood Well-Known Player

One of the things doesn't drop. Is yellow the epic ones? If so, I've never seen it drop and Cyborg doesn't sell it.
  11. BumblingB I got better.

They do, I got one, my leaguemates have as well. (One got 3 so far.)

They are just really rare and I think maybe only in raids.
  12. MrWood Well-Known Player

Nice.

I've gotten the other several times, but never seen the yellow one. I just assumed it was for MP only, which I will never buy those. Allies need a lot of work. They need boosters to the passive so theres a reason to level them all the way.
    • Like x 1
  13. Charon Lead Content Designer

One down.
    • Like x 9
  14. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

For me at least, making the allies redeemable for all characters and making them available in-game is an either/or situation, you don’t have to do both.
    • Like x 1
  15. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

I'd say this. Based on your specific needs from the game as a player, that's dangerous leeway to give the team on how they deliver it. It may end up in the highest tiers of content. This is not a jab at you or your skill level but more just saying this could be a ve careful what you ask for scenario as making the best of anything hard yet rewarding to earn is good game design.
  16. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Oh yeah, good point :D I wonder how the noodling is going…
  17. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

How goes the noodling? :)
  18. iPop New Player

Remember when there was a time when LPVE legends were redeemable for ALL characters? Hack, if memory serves me correctly, I'm almost certain Gazillion's Marvel Heroes Online/Omega's team-ups, which allies is nothing but a carbon copy of, was redeemable for all characters.

Sorry but I'm not willing to spend on allies until all allies, not just the legendary ones, are redeemable for all characters. I actively play 12 characters and as many people have mentioned, this game is not at all alt friendly.
  19. BumblingB I got better.

Well, for the ones available in game already, 100 marks isn't terrible to get right now, but I get your point and agree.

Though, as Aquaman is right now, not even worth the money.
  20. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Same here. Fingers crossed! Nothing would make me happier than this.