Leave instance THEN turn off your console

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by mtanasas, Feb 16, 2016.

1. megamanzero Loyal Player

pay for my system and u can tell me how to use it. :)
  2. Ariyana2015 Committed Player

Basically, it makes more sense (if not in a group to just close the app on the PS) because when you "log off" you don't really log off. You just end up on the character select screen and then you have to do the same thing as you would have to do after the fact. So basically, you have to do another step. If you are in a rush, or you just want to do something else, why add an extra step? Again I said out of group =)
  3. David Ivanenko Committed Player

What happens when you type: /exit on PS?
  4. Minnion Devoted Player

PS players probably don't have a keyboard for their PS...(Hence the preference for voice chat...)
  5. David Ivanenko Committed Player

What I mean is that on PC, when you type /exit, the game logs you out and closes, so you don't go linkdead and it takes less than 2 seconds to do.
    I'm asking if it also works with the virtual keyboard on PS, it's not related to voice chat.
  6. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

It does but aint nobody got time for that on a controller
  7. Proxystar #Perception

How do you know it was even a PC user did he tell you? I wouldn't mind seeing the video, please send me a private link.
  8. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

There is the letters "PC" next to PC players name.
  9. Proxystar #Perception

oh right yeah, i heard about that, that only shows up on the PS side.

I've never seen a distinction between platforms from the PC unless there is a setting somewhere.

Nevertheless I'd still like to see the video ;)
  10. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Like I say now....

" A video or it did not happen." ;) ;)

Or do you want a video of the PC thing?? I could make one quick enough.... just going where players are and going tot he tab "nearby" you see the distinction.

Although that is on PS.... not sure how it is on PC.... will check in like 3 minutes. ;)
  11. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

In case you are wondering how some people know who plays DCUO on PC and who plays on PlayStation...

Also you can see the pretty HUGE population difference between PC and PS.

12. Proxystar #Perception

LOL, no I didn't want a video of that ;) but thanks anyway. I was after a video of the "supposed player doing the obnoxious disconnect" :)

p.s. yeah that "nearby" thing doesn't show up on PC, we do not see a distinction.
  13. Proxystar #Perception

LOL, no I didn't want a video of that ;) but thanks anyway. I was after a video of the "supposed player doing the obnoxious disconnect" :)

p.s. yeah that "nearby" thing doesn't show up on PC, we do not see a distinction.
  14. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Too late. Now you got it. ;) ;)

But seriously.... I knew you did not want a video of that...... but I figured other might be wondering the same thing.... so now they will know. ;)
  15. David Ivanenko Committed Player

We can see it on PC, you just have to set the option to ON in the settings menu. (Under UI I think).
    PS players get it set to ON by default.
  16. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Thanks for the info.

Time for a follow up. ;)
  17. SpagTheTapdancer Well-Known Player

so you didn't read it, as I didn't carry such a sentiment on my post.
    I explained why it was relevant, and it wasn't simply bashing on high CR's. the OP also carried a tone that wasn't bashing them for being high CR, but identifying a pattern and complaining about conduct common amongst them.

there is a significant difference between criticizing high cr players for dodging the desertion via DC's and bashing high CR's simply for being high CR's. and that is what is being addressed. how about you put on your big boy pants and drop the chip on your shoulder?
  18. Proxystar #Perception

Don't agree, you're entitled to your opinion, I'm entitled to mine. The mere fact he made the thread is because he's wanting the issue to be addressed and he's gone as far as implying one particular group as the problem (high cr).

If he weren't he'd never have categorized the problem and would merely have spoke about the unacceptable behaviour. His whole post had undertones of anger and upset about the fact the "high CR" player abandoned them because he was done with the instance, once he had fought the boss.

We aren't going to agree, so there's really no point arguing about ;)
  19. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

On PC, hit F4, Group, can see PSN or PC next to character names.
  20. Minnion Devoted Player

I'm not paying for your system and there is nothing stopping me from telling you how to use it.(Whether or not you chose to listen to what I tell you on the other-hand is a totally different matter.)

It's still rude to DC and leave your link-dead carcass sitting uselessly in an instance with no intention of coming back... Especally given the kick systems shortcomings when it comes to replacing people that left.(Link-dead is for groups that want to wait for a genuinely DCed player to come back.)