Leave instance THEN turn off your console

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by mtanasas, Feb 16, 2016.

1. mtanasas Well-Known Player

PLEASE. Ran t5 content and high cr just goes in to kill iconic villain (for the feat) THEN disconnects. WTF

I got stuck with 2 player that disconnected and 1 player left. how the F*** am i gonna vote for kick or re-open :mad:
    • Like x 16
  2. mtanasas Well-Known Player

3. Minnion Devoted Player

Yeah... It seems depressingly common for players to go link-dead without coming back...
    • Like x 3
  4. Proxystar #Perception

What relevance is his CR? are you trying to imply that he disconnected on purpose to somehow annoy you and that as a high CR player he shouldn't have been in there, otherwise why are you even mentioning it?

This hating on high CR players is getting real old, real fast.
    • Like x 5
  5. mtanasas Well-Known Player

• they were T7
    • and yes most of them disconnected just to kill the iconic villain in alternate metropolis the others left
    • I'm not saying they shouldnt be in there. im saying if your going in the DUO/ALERT/RAID finish it.
    Multiple T7 entered the instance. Got it done when relevant cr players and a friend helped.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  6. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Too much work to leave instance. Plus ps players are so use to disconnecting. It's very rare to see one log out
  7. Proxystar #Perception

Very very rarely, did you see that sort of behaviour on USPC, which says something...
    • Like x 3
  8. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Well it's harder to disconnect on it. Same way very rarely ppl used ingame mics on uspc. And always had them on push to talk. 2 cultures playing side by side is just chaos
  9. bareheiny 10000 Post Club

The low population means you don't see it as often?
    • Like x 5
  10. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

This is rapidly becoming another 'mine's better'.

To be frank, no, not everyone that plays PS disconnects in the middle of instances (unless their connection just sucks).
    • Like x 8
  11. Proxystar #Perception

It's an observation.
  12. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Ur right not all. But the majority does. It's so much each easier for ppl who rage quit or want to quit dc to open another application then log out. Hell even shutting off ps. Some ppl leave instancea bUT the majority discconnets. Very rarely do see ppl log out normal way.
    • Like x 2
  13. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

That happens wayyyyyyyy too often.

That and "A player has declined to enter the instance. :mad:
    • Like x 1
  14. David Ivanenko Committed Player

Is this why PS players start a kick as soon as someone disconnects?
    On PC when someone DC's, we usually waited 5 minutes to see if they came back.
    • Like x 2
  15. Ariyana2015 Committed Player

People do that in all levels of content sadly, the seasonal, the legends maps everything....They need to readd the ability to kick all disconnected people without penalty.
    • Like x 1
  16. Ariyana2015 Committed Player

People do in intentionally, they use it as a weapon in the sense we cannot kick them. They still get loot so they get the best of both worlds. People that DC rarely come back.
  17. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Yes sir. PS players culture is like that. If someone DC's 9 out 10 they will not be back
    • Like x 1
  18. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Now I wouldn't say intentionally. I would ppl forget it doesn't log them out. Sure I bet some do it to upset others. But majority I say do it because they raged quit
  19. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

I'd challenge this assertion, you must be on during a different time of the day than I am because I don't see people simply disconnecting their consoles in content very often at all. It a lot more frequent that I see people randomly walk in and leave an instance, sure... which, depending on how stalled that instance is I'll do myself - if I come in, you've got 75 names on the scoreboard, you're an hour and a half in and not past the first boss then I'm not sticking around to see what happens.

But still, this sounds like an occurrence that you may be deliberately overstating the frequency of - it just seems very unlikely that 'this always happens in content' when I don't even see it once per day.
    • Like x 5
  20. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Sometimes it's a hardware issue - if you disconnect because of a game crash, the playstation has this automatic HDD check afterwards and it's not... quick... at all.
    • Like x 4