Lazarus Pit Water - Rage of Lazarus has got to go.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TheLQ-DCUO, Aug 11, 2022.

1. zNot Loyal Player

Are you done yet?
  2. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Whether you believe it or not I’m actually trying to help you. All the false claims you make in the world won’t change anything. If you actually believe it’s as big of an issue as you claim than you should want to provide data to prove to the devs that it’s a bigger issue than they know. They change things based on data and numbers. Not based on some random guys biased opinions. I’ve even laid out a simple and easy way for you to provide that feedback. But instead of proving your point of view you make comments like this to deflect.

If you can’t prove it than I assume you are wrong. Facts are that simple.
  3. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Yeah no I don’t disagree. It definitely hasn’t hit the point where you have to tac to get into a group. But the more we all talk about it, the more others become aware of it. Now that it’s in like almost every single YouTube vid, it will get more and more popular. It doesn’t bother me, I’ll do it some days tho most I won’t. But I’m laying down on a couch playing one handed most of the time lol. I’m on to relax even if I’m in an elite run. I’ll do my job as well as anyone but as lazy as I can haha. I’m commenting solely on those that feel they are forced. It’s not a healthy thing for the community to force. Can’t we all just get along and all that
  4. zNot Loyal Player

Your arguments make alot of sense (not) im sure it will impact the outcome :p
  5. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

• Warning: The DCUO forums are for everyone. Please be respectful, constructive, and kind. Please welcome contrasting views and stay on topic. Do not insult or attack anyone.
    Further proving my point that you your crying and whining are just that.
  6. zNot Loyal Player

If you seriously think one has to show data to proof how much swaping artifacts impacts gameplay you are clearly not being serious and derail the thread with this question trying to hold on to the last straw that doesnt exists.
    • Like x 1
  7. Trexlight Devoted Player

Deity buddy, even though it didnt happen to you doesnt mean it hasnt happened to others. Even if the minority is using Tac Swapping, the fact it exists causes problems down the road as we currently see. If Tac Swapping wasnt a thing, we would not have the Laz exploit going on for SM. We would of had just the normal complaints of DW/Flurry happening and the irritation of speed hackers. It only takes a few to them spread to others and then it becomes the meta. Thats how the Meta is created. We had the 2x4 Raid format, then we started having Tanks solo Tanks, Healer Solo heal and now thats the meta and we havent looked back.

The biggest fix to this Art swapping is certainly to not allow it but the better notion is probably just to tie the Buffs to the item equipped status and when removed, the buff is gone. Folks can still art swap but it wont stack the buffs which is certainly the problem.
    • Like x 3
  8. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Oh I know it happens. I even said that even thou it doesn’t happen to me that I know it happens because I know this community. However he claims that it’s a bigger issue than it really is and that swapping should be stopped because it has a bigger impact than the devs know. So I’ve asked him to provide actual proof of how much of a difference there is between someone who swaps and someone go doesn’t. Mind you I asked him this before the laz changes. I even laid out a simple and easy way to prove the difference which he refuses to do.
    • Like x 1
  9. Proxystar #Perception

100% correct, I would however imagine that is why they're "considering the options" because for every person upset about tac swapping there's another player enjoying it.

Not doing anything annoys one person, doing something about it annoys another so as a business I imagine its a tight rope to walk indeed.
    • Like x 2
  10. Proxystar #Perception

There's nothing wrong with that, but you also don't 'have' to be in the inventory for half the raid, unless of course you're suggesting content itself is now balanced around that premise, resulting in us all being in quite the pickle now ;)

If it's not something you want to do, then don't associated with people that are trying to bully you in to doing something you don't enjoy or want to do - these people might seem like friends, but they're *possibly* not because friends don't generally tend to bully their friends in video games to the point where they no longer feel like playing :)
    • Like x 2
  11. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Besides what I've already said in the thread......

How in earth did Lazarus Pit Water's Rage of Lazarus ever escape test server? It should never have gone onto live server. Even without art swapping it is extremely broken.
    • Like x 1
  12. zNot Loyal Player

To be fair Obsidianchill tried hes best to avoid it from being this OP but it seems like the dev listen to wrong people.
  13. Proxystar #Perception

You say this, but where is it all, there's no copious amounts of LPW exploiting as you put it being shown on Twitch, there's no wildfire chat in LFG/Trade, so with respect, where's the issue really?

I'm just curious people were acting like this was some "big drama, fix it immediately" but the effects of it are literally no where to be seen, just saying.
    • Like x 1
  14. Proxystar #Perception

I think there's a danger within the inference of your post here, things don't "escape" test server in the way you're implying. The developers do not need yours or any players permission to release or develop something.

Views on the artifact differ.
    • Like x 2
  15. Trexlight Devoted Player

As stupid as players are, they arent going to criminalize themselves or at least not yet. There's already one video circulating showing its effects that a player is essentially "god mode" and cant die. The fact this exists, even if minor is the biggest "I Told you so" moment. This isnt some old man ranting at the clouds. We warned folks of tac swapping is going to break gameplay and here we are. LPW as an Art is fine and working but add in Tac Swapping and it breaks it.

There's no doubt a learning curve and "skill" doing the tac swapping but its still a plague that'll ruin the game. Many props to the player(s) that found it too. Players will always find methods of doing the most they can when gaming that even Devs didnt find or think of. And as the Devs have stated they werent going to do anything about it, its the potential problem of the future that will hurt the community. Some things the community has come up with are fine, others hurt it and split it apart more than almost any other MMO ive ever seen or played. And as we actually look at it, like Ive said before in this thread. I realize its not the actual Art Swapping thats the problem, rather the Buffs given by the Arts that arent tied to "Item being equipped". That, at this point in my eyes, would be the better fix as it should have been from the beginning. If the item is not equipped, you do not gain its benefits. I am honestly embarrassed I didnt pick up on that sooner as thats a pretty simple staple when it comes to items.

It is truly only a matter of time before it becomes the meta. Could be next week, next month, or even next episode. The Meta is always changing and sometimes not for the better. The days gone by of the 2x4 format has certainly caused a decline in Support Roles, of course in conjunction with its less than stellar leveling experience and grind. But its something that must be addressed for the betterment of the game. If not, Im not looking hopeful for the future of the game or its content.
    • Like x 5
  16. Proxystar #Perception

Haha, given how this community has notoriously behaved with things they feel they can exploit in the past I find it hard to believe they're now suddenly all keeping it secret :D - but I will accept your wider point about tac swapping, we both agree something should be done even if the extent isn't quite agreed :)

I just thought I'd make my original point because there were a few people scaremongering that the artifact was going to immediately destroy this SM and evidentially that is not the case, unless of course they're suggesting every casual and their dog is smashing SM and just keeping their adventures with the LPW on the DL, which is quite frankly an absurd assertion :D
    • Like x 1
  17. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

I think the questions really are to the developers then.

Why are they releasing broken artifacts?

Why do we have cheesy allies like Superman being released with the group breakout shield?

How much more is $ going to be considered over content quality and balance?

If Lazarus Pit Water in its current state isn't a huge wake up call then I don't know what is.

(and yet there are still a growing number of players wanting a 4th artifact slot)

Why are the devs not releasing surveys so players can express their concerns privately?

As Trex said, unless we see some adjustments soon it will only get worse.
    • Like x 2
  18. zNot Loyal Player

I agree with everythinc else, But why is a 4th slot so bad but art swap is fine for you? Art swap is litteraly 10 times worse then a 4th slot.
  19. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Devs have already admitted to it being unintended on other previous threads, in which this topic has been discussed numerous times already.

Here is an example:
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/rip-precision.321743/page-11#post-4494452

So yeah, I was not pulling this out of my rear.

Edit: As for the p2w aspect, I don't think that is intended either!
    • Like x 1
  20. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

WOW, I just had a moment of deja vu.
    • Like x 1