Launching on Xbox One with zero advertisement?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Lionxoft, Jan 14, 2016.

1. Lionxoft Committed Player

You just proved that you have absolutely no grasp on what is being suggested. Where did I mention the player made submission would run on tv? Understanding the original post and then participating constructively in discussion should be your goal here in the forums.
  2. RoxyStormbringer Dedicated Player

I know a few people that started playing Warframe after their DCUO subscription ended. In fact I'm on Warframe more than I'm on DCUO, and my subscription ends in March. I absolutely love the F2P model that Warframe uses, especially since I can run everything (except Alerts) as many times as I want and get everything. Seriously, DCUO should not have subscribers buying Replay Badges to keep running content for rewards.
    • Like x 3
  3. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Subscriber do get a certain amount of replays per month for subscribing, though. The choice to buy additional replay badges is all theirs, and no one else's.
  4. RoxyStormbringer Dedicated Player

I know that we get 150 Replay Badges a month, but it's really sad that we don't really have much to look forward to every day. I only get 1 run per week for content, which is absolutely pathetic.
  5. Mur Dah Active Player

Daybreak really need to take note on Warframe's free to play model, absolutely no gated content and you can pretty much run what you like when you like....... I don't really like to part with my money but I found myself making a conscious decision to actually buy stuff in Warframe just to support the game, as it stands now month by month I'm starting to begrudge my monthly DCUO subscription especially when (as seems to be noticed of late on the forums) it's essentially for a PS3 game and CR relevancy means I'm not spending as much time in game.

I'm still hoping the game can recapture some of it's old magic by them taking another look at the progression system, but when my next 3 month sub runs out I'll find it difficult to justify renewing if I'm spending as much time as game that I don't have to drop a penny on.
  6. scotv453 Well-Known Player

And yet you have no absolute grasp that your idea of a team inspired advertisement is not going to happen.
  7. Lionxoft Committed Player

Team inspired advertisement? You STILL don't understand the suggestion... Good grief!

Here are a couple of fun player made trailers from previous content. I'd like to point out that one of them has 99,000+ views.

8. scotv453 Well-Known Player

A team inspired, meaning the winners of this contest, that won't happen, will have an agreement to have any video advertised. Keep playing thick dude. And you are contradicting yourself now too.

DC does have their own advertisement that does get played. Also,

IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  9. Lionxoft Committed Player

Your last post only proved further that you don't understand social marketing and where it's true benefit comes from. It would cost nothing and it's platform would be through social media which is very powerful in the realm of gaming. It also included a personal insult which wasn't called for at all. If you wish I can explain what social media marketing is and how it's often more effective than traditional marketing along with the differences between the two. Let me know.
  10. scotv453 Well-Known Player

What a try hard statement. You really trying to beat this worthless idea. Another day and still no contest.
  11. Lionxoft Committed Player

If it came down to it I could fund and facilitate this contest by myself. There are many players in the community capable of doing so. As I stated earlier (which you probably didn't read), players can hold community events or giveaways without Daybreak's approval. Would it be nice to have their support and backing? Sure. But by your logic, a player would need Daybreak's consent to make a video of their own which denying such wouldn't serve their interests. It would be the exact opposite.

Very constructive post though. Well, on second thought your post wasn't constructive at all. What exactly is a "try hard statement"? I might be wrong but I don't think anyone else on this 4 page thread disliked the idea in specific. There was some discussion about TV spots but that differs entirely from the suggestion. Granted, most of the 4 pages is you dedicating a portion of your life to dislike something instead of just moving along.
  12. Zero303 Well-Known Player

They are embarrassed by the look of the game obviously .
    • Like x 1
  13. scotv453 Well-Known Player

No but people are telling you this kind of advertisement is not going to happen.

You are truly confusing something that have zero reason to happen and then trying to say people aren't denying it. In a way they are buy coming up with their own suggestions that can be within realm of this topic. It doesn't matter if you can afford to do it yourself or whatever. People don't need daybreak's permission to advertise about the game. Its been happening before you and will continue to happen after you. And it doesn't center around you.

Here is the thing, people advertise already, as you already contradicted yourself saying they don't, then proceed pages later posting videos about it. You are beating around the bush, and just can't admit to my whole original comment that people are already advertising this game on their own/without Daybreak help. This eliminates ALL effort on Daybreak part because they don't have to coordinate and mange rewards amongst other things

You not getting the just of it here. The advertisements are out there. And continue to happen. Many people probably heard its going to xbox from a third party. And you want to jump around the bush and say its not advertising, while stating a contest can do better? You changed it from tv spots, youtube, etc to now saying just social media. Come on man. Don't think I haven't been paying attention to all of that. And you knew from the start I was talking about all advertisements to begin with, hence the links you didn't believe existed.

All I am saying to you, and listen carefully. Daybreak doesn't need a contest for getting advertisements out there. The fact is that the advertisements are already being done by fans, editors, and others. If they wanted to put out anything they would....IF it was worth it. And setting up a contest for a xbox release advertisement is just not one of those things.

Now as for my last comment, it is to get you to see that while Daybreak may have seen this, but they aren't going to go any further. And I am sharing my opinion, just as you are sharing yours. If you continue to say I don't get it, and go around circles explaining something then go ahead. I am just going to respond back saying the same thing to you. No matter how many words you want to say this in, I am always going to say it's not worth it. Social media is much bigger and they already have plans for other things. There actually could very well be an advertisement in the making that will slap a coming to xbox text on it and call it a day. And I can see it being the same trailer they always been showing just with an edited ending trademark/logo section.

Also people really been talking about warframe, eso, tv spots, xbox live ads, etc. All of these things were not centered around any contest at all. One person even suggested to fix the game up before even advertising. All of those other things people were saying I respect, and well within the scope of doing it. But its just your contest idea......it's not needed.
    • Like x 1
  14. Lionxoft Committed Player

They, like you, were addressing the TV spot question in the first paragraph of the original post. Not the suggestion. They figured it out after the first post and it did not take them 4 pages of discussion to determine it either.

How many new players are choosing to play the game? I play on the PC so my views of population growth might not be indicative of actual growth but it does seem that they are bleeding out more veteran players without converting new customers or even getting them in the door.

Yes, that's correct. People make fan videos (Really great ones) with no criteria. Criteria is important. "This eliminates ALL effort on Daybreak part because they don't have to coordinate and mange rewards amongst other things". What other things? Retweets are a press of a button and there are far more complex things in life than looking at view counts on YouTube, determining a winner, getting a PSN/gamertag or PC DCUO username. That in my opinion is a non-factor. Hell, I could even create a script to run through the submissions, determine the winner and email them automatically on a lunch break.

The articles you posted are hidden away in gaming blogs where you need to search for them by name in order for the pages to receive an impression. I mentioned TV spots in the first paragraph in more of a recognition that nothing has happened and my apologies that you couldn't read the suggestion one line below it that addressed the low resources of Daybreak before rattling off four pages worth of personal insults and childish behavior. If anyone "jump(ed) around the bush" it was you.

The game population of new free players might tell a different story especially when you view the conversion rate of free->legendary. We don't have this data but by the looks of the USPC server and the merge next week one might say far less than a few new players are sticking around. Hopefully the USPC population is not indicative of the Xbox One later this year.

I disagree with you. We can leave it there. I do agree with the player suggesting to fix the game first but those can come hand in hand as Daybreak marketers are probably not the ones fixing bugs and inconsistencies. I've addressed and/or dismissed in my previous posts every argument you've initiated thus far and most mentioned in your post so it doesn't need to be reiterated.

I find it funny the mentions regarding ESO and it reminded me again of their ad campaign which just ended recently. It was called "One Million Reasons to Play" where they are tweeting #MillionReasonsToPlay and giving away a $1,000,000 USD. Yet you think that Daybreak can't afford less than $100 at retail cost? ESO is running a campaign where players just log in to the game... They don't even have to subscribe or play to win $1,000,000USD and the game is broken to pieces even more so than DCUO.

Finally thanks for the mature post, Scot.
  15. Lionxoft Committed Player

The game looks great to me and I highly doubt they are "embarrassed". I don't mind that the graphics are a bit outdated since it's based around a comic book art style. I hope that's what you meant but if I misunderstood LMK. Would a graphical update be welcomed with open arms? Of course. Textures could be updated and some new architectural art would be cool.
  16. scotv453 Well-Known Player

This needs to die, but at least you will know now why it won't happen. I have been trying to reason with you yet you still think it should happen because of other games. The only way this post dies now is if its just let go.

Good luck with that contest, while me and others keep creating advertisements.
  17. Lionxoft Committed Player

Post your advertisement here, scot.
  18. The peoples Badguy Committed Player

I will be taking my talents to Xbox where I shall enjoy killing many hero's . I urge you all to join me.