Launching on Xbox One with zero advertisement?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Lionxoft, Jan 14, 2016.

1. scotv453 Well-Known Player

You seen exactly what I quoted. And you need to learn2read yourself. Another way to save face after I was backing up exactly what I was saying. It doesn't need to be there at all period. They had that article I posted on the first page for a few days now. It doesn't need to show up there. They don't have to put things where you want them. This is news, this is something to publicly state to the readers so they are in the know. That is the whole point of journalism. Just because you say its not there doesn't make it not advertisement period. And it will get there when it gets there not when you say....period.

The fact that they wrote about it, and not just linked a profile to game is much more advertisement than you giving credit for just to try and win something on this here forums. It isn't anyone's fault that you didn't want to look and still chose not to. That is not my problem.

And also lying that you did a search on google and look at how many links I brought up.

And the fact still remains that they don't even need to. They got people already linking it. I know google isn't that hard to use. I know looking at front pages or reading articles IS advertisement period. Save that face dude...save it fast.
  2. Lionxoft Committed Player

It's totally possible. Actually, according to a former Brand Manager DCUO was the most profitable MMO in SOE's portfolio of game titles. Granted, the source is LinkedIn where a majority could be embellished.

I quote:
  3. Lionxoft Committed Player

Read the update. I went through quite a few of the links you posted and you need to be searching for the title exclusively for it to show up. Chances are people that are searching for DCUO specifically already play it. The game has been out for years.

I'm still shocked that you have failed to read the suggestion from the original post up top. I mean - it's only two sentences long.
  4. scotv453 Well-Known Player

Save that face dude. You know. All I had to do was type dcuo in google and some of those came up. Much faster than going to a site, clicking on xbox one, click on search all games, then jumping to the "D" pages then trying to find it. Also linking a profile about a game without any news is not advertisement. You wouldn't know unless you specifically went to look for that game anyways. But its been on the top stories on gamespot and only got pushed out of that front page today.

As a matter of fact most of those gaming sites still have it on the front page or still have it under "advertisment" or "news". Keep bumping your thread dude. Save that face.
  5. Lionxoft Committed Player

So you think that business managers are only interested in customers that know about the product but they want to return? Sure, retention and winback is important but what about new customers that are in the market for trying a new MMO but don't know which yet? There are quite a few players that since this game has been released have come of the age where they can understand and enjoy it however DCUO would not populate on that search if you typed in MMO without DC or DC Universe online. You and I both know that. Chances are they would go to play WOW, ESO, SWTOR or any of the multitude of titles actually branching out to do advertising. You also mentioned that DCUO is a f2p title so it doesn't do advertising. SWTOR just released a 3 (?) part CGI trailer only for their DLC lol.

Finally, do you understand that the suggestion I gave in the original post (which you have obviously not read at all) would give those blogs you posted a reason to update thus creating a second impression? Strengthening "winback" customers as well as reaching out to new customers? It would cost less than $100 worth of retail cost to them which chances are it's significantly less of actual cost. The campaign would also have the power of the community behind it with a social media factor built in.

People make YouTube videos of gaming because they are proud. They share it whenever and wherever they can. The same can be said for this. Chances are it would be shared more than an actual Daybreak ad production.

If you don't understand that then I'll just throw you on ignore because nothing I say will seep into an understanding for you.
  6. willflynne 10000 Post Club

As some food for thought, take a quick search for TV advertising costs and then think about how many MMOs (or games for that matter) outside of WoW advertise for a game years after release.
  7. Lionxoft Committed Player

I suggested a cost effective and impactful option as well if the TV spot wasn't a viable, cost effective solution.

Like this Daybreak/SOE title?

Or maybe Elder Scrolls Online?

or this one?
  8. scotv453 Well-Known Player

Dude if you went to that site you would know that a search listing is only a profile stating when who what, etc? Do you also know that the sub sections are articles linked to the game thus leading you to the exact links I mentioned? i saved you time dude. Don't believe me? Go find dcuo on gamespot. Click on it. Then go find the article about it, then click that. Paste that link here and compare! Regardless of what you trying to achieve you lost your case. Its advertisement with people commenting good, and bad, about it.

For starters you aren't PR. And no matter what you suggest it isn't happening? Or, if it does, it will be on their terms and not when you say. I presume they will mention this more and more as it gets closer and not by you. This is what I am trying to get through to you. Its not about when you say. It won't be...ever. And I agree with them not coming here and having you tell them what they are or not doing. That's it.

I won't even go with you there on youtube because you will make this even longer than what is necessary. There are plenty of videos, I found 10 already that mentions it is going to xbox. I also have 4 twitch streamers who plugged dcuo since its been announced about it. It is also being talked about here, reddit, and on google plus. You are either playing dumb, or you really need to go see a psychiatrist.

Besides the fact that you think the links I put you consider not advertisement, in which you make a bold face lie to save face, It's whatever. But guess what...this thread will be buried in the end.
  9. Lionxoft Committed Player

There can only be 5 media pieces per post. Here's some more.

Not an MMO but it is an online card game even getting a tv spot lol

Wildstar

Smite:

Another one for Smite:
  10. Lionxoft Committed Player

Again, you entirely gloss over the suggestion from the original post. I'm not even sure I ordered them to do anything. Hell, if they tell me how much "at cost" a year of legendary along with 10k station cash as a reward would cost them I'd pay out of my pocket for the reward to be won by the best player made ad out there. I want the game to do well on Xbox because 3 platforms of revenue is better than two which should lead to more fixes and updates for the game. You wouldn't know about the reward or contest that was suggested because you simply did not read about it in my original post.
  11. scotv453 Well-Known Player

Dude, I don't agree period. Is it that hard. Its been advertised enough with little time its been anyways. You think I am going to agree with your suggestion now? I thought that was made clear.
  12. Lionxoft Committed Player

Then what do you have to contribute to the thread besides negativity that isn't constructive?
  13. scotv453 Well-Known Player

That was rich. I already plugged sites on advertisement that debunked everything you saying about it not being advertised. Whether you want to argue against it is your own problem...not mines. But I was hoping reality would kick in. If it isn't for you to understand, then others already know that this "moving to a new platform" is being discussed period. No, on the contrary what I posted as links were very positive indeed.
  14. Lionxoft Committed Player

It didn't debunk anything. It just proved that the articles required searching specifically for DCUO which doesn't translate directly to advertising that is targeting new customers. My initial statement holds true still. New customers, which chances are might be a majority of the xbox one community, are not being targeted appropriately.

This is like the million'th (exaggeration of course) time I've said this but you STILL haven't responded to my constructive suggestion from the original post.

Blog posts by nobody jr journalists don't create as much excitement or are as effective as socially driven "contest" submissions. Especially when you have to deliberately search for them.

So what's your point? I understand that you believe a TV spot is out of reach for DCUO and I can understand your logic behind it although it was said in 2015 that DCUO was the highest profit in the SOE/DBG portfolio. Another user also mentioned that Planetside 2 received a TV spot as well which would be in that same portfolio.

So what's your problem with a community driven advertising campaign or sweepstakes that has a very low cost and high effectiveness? Please list your issues with it below. Thanks in advance for your constructive feedback.

(That's of course if you actually provide it on the upteenth attempt.)

Maybe compare this socially driven campaign's cost (Has to be lower than $100 USD) vs let's say - The Elder Scrolls Online's "Million reasons to play" campaign which is easily costing them over $1,000,000 USD+?

Answer please. Thanks.
  15. ArchelyMS Well-Known Player

This is a low-budget game, they don't have the money for mass advertisement.
    • Like x 2
  16. scotv453 Well-Known Player

Lol at your pettiful bump. Dude regardless of how you feel about it, the game has gotten people to talk about it. Period. Talking about a product in anything is advertisement.

If I walk around the street with an iphone in new york, and I get people asking me what is that and what does it do. Its advertisement.
    If I take my pc to a friends house and he says, "whoa, wth kinda pc do you have?" And I proceed to tell them, then thats advertisement.

If I go into twitch and 8k+ people are either listening or conversing about dcuo going to xbox, then thats advertisement.
    If I go to a website and see dcuo is going to xbox, and then see people posting comments about how they feel about it, thats advertisement.
    If I go to reddit and look at the /r/mmo or /r/dcuo subreddits and I see people discussing dcuo going to xbox, then thats advertisement.

End of story.

I see you just going to keep this up for someone to agree with you or even a thumbs up or something. But man you reaching. A free to play game doesn't need to sacrifice that kind of resources. People will come regardless.

I am going to leave with this. Warframe came to xbox last. No tv adds about it happening. But articles and people on the internet talked. Guess what, it is being played there. Through the power of word of mouth, and journalism, the game is thriving there. Now you can insert almost any game. In reality, many games don't get advertised on tv, but they still survive, they still make it. It doesn't need your suggestions. Just get out from under that rock.

Food for thought, because it isn't on tv you, and i mean you, have a few choices here:
    A) Play on whatever platform you are playing
    B) Play on xbox when it comes
    C) Quit

But the scoop of all this is that it isn't about you now. You are failing to see that people are saying they are going to come back or not. People are saying they want to check it out or not. People are talking regardless of a tv spot. They don't need it. People are already speaking for them everywhere i go. I just don't get how you still pretend it needs one to get attention, and what I posted proves it. People are talking there, WITHOUT a tv spot.
  17. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Of the games you listed (not gonna quote both posts), the oldest is Planetside 2, first released in 2012. The rest came out in 2014 or later.

None of them are older than DCUO, and Planetside 2's ad still lists SOE as the publisher, not Daybreak so that was likely made before the changeover. On top of that, SOE/Daybreak outright own Planetside 2. It's not a licensed title, so that may well factor into things in some way.

Outside of WoW, I've yet to see a video game advertised 5 years or more after its initial release.
  18. Lionxoft Committed Player

First off - What's Warframe? Haven't heard of it. There's probably a reason for that. It either didn't get advertised enough or it's advertising wasn't targeted towards my interests.
    Second - You STILL have completely glossed over the idea of a cost effective, socially driven campaign in lieu of a tv spot.
    Third - It's not bumping as I'm attempting to have a constructive discussion with you yet you're not focusing on the topic which is the suggestion I made regarding a socially driven ad campaign. If anything you're bumping it with your off-topic floundering.
    • Like x 1
  19. Lionxoft Committed Player

SWTOR will be 5 years old this November. They just released a full CGI trailer. I believe it was 3(?) parts.

20. willflynne 10000 Post Club

And BioWare has how many other MMOs in development/running live along with SWTOR, potentially competing within the company for advertising money in budgets? They're kind of in the same category as WoW in terms of the number of MMOs they have running live.

Very few MMO companies have as many live games going as Daybreak. That will have an effect on how much attention the games get in terms of advertising, development and the like.