Ladies & Gentleman

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Flightboy, May 15, 2014.

1. Flightboy New Player

Good morning fellow heroes and villians,

I write to you all this morning because I apparently enjoy wasting your tax dollars (work for the US Government) and I've had too much coffee.

I like you all, have noticed a very large distain for group set ups for the T6 alert and quite a few of you voiced multiple opinions and threads on it too.

I am taking this time to peacefully dump some of the haterade and offer good solutions to put a better taste in your mouths.

One Main Issue at Hand:

*****Healers being the prime Role being excluded from the T6 Alert*****

I understand all views on this topic ( I read more than I post). That includes, but is not limited to the good, bad, & the indifferent views.

That being said, here are a few peaceful / positive suggesstions for all of you against groups asking for a non-traditional alert group set up.

In regards to the Healer Role Exclusion topic:

- You all have the ability to set up Private Chats outside of LFG for Traditional Alert set ups. You could simply label it "1111 Alerts" or "Reg Alert Groups" etc etc. On the USPS competitive PvPers established a private chat to sync (back in the day) / set up scrimmages and it worked/works pretty well.

- If you enter a group who would prefer you to DPS instead of healing, tell them respectfully you would prefer to heal. Give them solid reasons as to why. (there are many good reasons ;) )

- If you enter a group who would prefer you to DPS instead of healing, ask them respectfully to excuse you and give them a solid reason why. Then refer to the first suggesstion.

- Get with some of the many Battle Healers out there and advance your game play by thinking outside of the box. (SHOTS OUT TO ALL OF YOU GREAT BATTLE HEALERS!! :) )

Closing, I understand why some of you are upset. I have been a tank for the majoirty of my time in DCUO I really get it. It's not the end of the world it's one simple alert and it's easy to overcome the "exclusion".

For those saying, "well nowwwww I have to get DPS gear first over my healing gear and that's not right" Guys/Gals, my answer is no you do not. You can DPS the alerts fine in Vestments/ Scion.

What I do is with the 91 Item LVL unattaunted gear I will make sure it is for the role I do not run the majority of the time and mod with V experts or Synthetics. Then I use my marks for gear in the role I do want it in.

Sorry if this was too long to read. I really want you guys to have a positive time in game and I hope you all can get past this current disdain you have. Best of luck. :)

-Flight
    • Like x 20
  2. Poo New Player

This subject is getting really old.

But, the last name in your sig is fantastic! :D
    • Like x 3
  3. Flightboy New Player

Agreed it is getting very old I figured why not try and get some positives out there instead of all the negatives we have seen.

Thanks lol, it took a while to figure that name out.
    • Like x 3
  4. Dr Improbable Dedicated Player

I think (as a healer) my chances of getting in an instance are twice as good if I can be adequate at both roles.

I doubt you'll get through to the ultra - stubborn "I refuse to switch roles" types.
    • Like x 5
  5. Flightboy New Player

Thanks for your words of wisdom for the healers out there!

I'm praying those "types" read through this and get a positive outcome when done :D
  6. Craven Green Loyal Player

I do like the idea of setting up a 1111 chat tab. I will set up one for myself and see if we can get this to catch on.
    • Like x 4
  7. Flightboy New Player

Awesome! This is kinda the direction I was pointing this thread. I really wish you the best of luck with it! Let me know if you get positive feedback with it :D
  8. blklightning New Player

I don't have a problem with people forming whatever group they want.

I can tell you this though... any group that I'm in has a healer in it. Being a damage dealer only slightly interests me. I was about to get interested in it, but then I lost interest. I'm happy to have an armory, but have respecced it for my solo play.

Me + group content = Healer.
    • Like x 5
  9. EP Ice Loyal Player

I agree with you on this somewhat. The only issue is that I have a better chance of not getting kicked as a Healer than as a DPS and that is the main reason I don't DPS T5/T6 content even though I am full 90 gear DPS.
    • Like x 1
  10. TheBirdOfSteel Committed Player

This line worrys me as im leveling my alt healer on USPC.

I dont want to hear any nonsense about me not being allowed into a group because im a healer and i dont want to start a group which has people leave because im a heal.
    • Like x 1
  11. Flightboy New Player

Awesome, there is absolutely nothing wrong with this at all. I see your sig and it makes me smile. Regardless of your preference to heal group instances, I'd be willing to bet while you are battle healing you still put up decent damage along with keeping everyone's health up. :D
  12. Flightboy New Player

Rest assured level your healer up in peace. It has been a topic of discussion over groups prefering a certain set up over the traditional set up. Nothing new tbh. It has just shifted from tanks to healers in T6A for certain groups not all.
    • Like x 1
  13. blklightning New Player

With my Celestial, I put out significant damage and HUGE heals due to WM.

Off-role damage out is inversely proportional to the skill of the damage dealer in the group. The worse they are, the longer I have to burn. Since my HoT takes almost 4sec to setup, this makes a huge difference. Sometimes, I don't deal a ton, whereas on another time, I dealt 45% of the DPS total dmg out. It's nice to be able to contribute like that. I don't focus on damage so much when I'm on WhyteRabbit. Damage-based heals are not his function, so he sticks to what he's best at... flashy, flashy heals.
    • Like x 1
  14. Flightboy New Player

Thank you for your replies this too is kinda what I was hoping some of you healers would post. Yeah, I too have seen some really decent Off-Role Damage from Battle Healers and Healers just from WM rotations alone.
  15. blklightning New Player

I was learning Staff-Mortar on WhyteRabbit. That combo has a very unforgiving crit window. Took me days to master, and then Brawlers immediately dropped. I love the speed of Shuriken storm and that it's less tiring on my hand than *hold hold*, but the timing of Mortar seemed to work with my electric rotation. And... it was considerably higher in damage, too.

I was excited to buy the DPS 1H for HoS. I shopped and learned the name of the item. I then ran the alert for those last few marks and proceeded to buy... staff. Durnit!!!!! About to find out how Mortar compares to Solar Flame. The melee combos w/ staff are ok, but the lunge of 1H and comboing into Dual Flurry is just... sexy.
    • Like x 1
  16. Flightboy New Player

Couldn't agree more with your last too sentences :D Yeah, on my troll I've been using the Solar Flame to Explosive Shot and have been getting really good results. I watched a few Brawling vids. I like how fast it I'm just not sure if it would sync with the way I troll.
  17. Kiddslayer Well-Known Player

Great positive start thread. great advice to other players as well.
    • Like x 1
  18. blklightning New Player

From a power perspective, it's Brawlers for sure. Hits tier 1 power regen after 4 hits on the counter, while Shuriken Storm will easily get you to 5+ on just one combo. Superhuman is achieved at 20something.
    • Like x 1
  19. Flightboy New Player

Thanks, I really appreciate it. It is my full intention to "clear the air" and kinda of flush out the negativity we kinda have here. Also, to promote ways of accomplishing what everyone wants in a positive way. :D
    • Like x 1
  20. Flightboy New Player

Ok I'm officially sold! Will have to mess around with some sparc weapons now. Thanks for the intel.
    • Like x 1