Ladies & Gentleman V1.1

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Flightboy, May 28, 2014.

1. Flightboy New Player

There is zero opinion is what I was saying as fact sooooooo yeah... Ok, I will humor you if the team buffs are removed I promise that these healerless runs will still continue with out missing a beat... Tell me I'm wrong about that... Please tell me that's an opinion...

I mean really when will a tanks health drop below 30% if he/she knows how to tank? Do you really believe that? LOL and SMH at the same time o_O.

EDIT: The ONLY way healers will be a valuable asset in the T6A is if they adjust how much damage the NPCs/Bosses do. Period.
    • Like x 1
  2. Mister Majesty Committed Player

This is sadly the cold hard truth. Everything else is just fluff.
    • Like x 1
  3. Flightboy New Player

Very much so... Unfortunately...
    • Like x 1
  4. Mister Majesty Committed Player

The thing is, it's difficult to accept by the community at large, because then you're pretty much denying yourself any kind of feasible solution rather than "Devs, fix this."

It's easier to argue with the delusional hope of a solution, than to accept that sometimes its just a brick wall that you won't be able to get around.
    • Like x 1
  5. PerfectLegend Dedicated Player

Team buffs don't give that much of an advantage.

I'm not sure how people are getting confused with how the healing one works, but we don't normally notice it unless we're on the verge of getting knocked out. Even so, it's very minimal, and we tend to pop colas anyway. :)

The team buffs should be left alone. The only way to prevent Healer-less runs is to make your own group, or increase the damage the adds inflict. There is no need to remove the team buffs.
    • Like x 1
  6. Flightboy New Player

Thanks for your reply. This is exactly what my longggggg OP was basically saying :D
    • Like x 1
  7. PerfectLegend Dedicated Player

I'd still prefer well thought out, detailed posts, versus my bootleg version of sparknotes. :( Lol.

But yes, thanks for posting it! I hope people learned a thing or two. :)
    • Like x 1
  8. kawe Loyal Player

You're welcome. I see what you want to bring across with this thread. And I'm not completely disagreeing. But I can only judge with what I saw and experienced so far. I don't pug a lot tho.

I'm wondering how the alert would turn out if there where no group buffs to begin with. You guys made good points on how the design of the alert (missing splash damage for example) is the true reason on why we don't need a healer in there. This certainly is true, but in my opinion it's the buffs that make it so extremely easy to run with no healer as it is. It's basically a cake walk for everyone, even ppl who normaly would not be fit for anything tough.
    To run this alert with a missing role, specially the healer role, should pose a good challenge. ):
    • Like x 1
  9. Flightboy New Player

Unfortunately, If the buffs were removed I believe yes it would be tad bit more challenging, but to certain people I don't think it would really be a noticable difference... Now if the NPCs and Bosses had a little more pack behind their punches... ;)

I do agree with you 100% that if running with out a role (especially a healer) that the content should provide an added difficulty. I remember the sad sad sad BIA/FAM tankless runs. I remember being FF'ed as a DPS the majoirty of the fight. I also remember the challenge (though very small IMO) with it. The T6A doesn't provide that type of challenge at all again IMO.
  10. RapidRay Committed Player

That's because the T6 alert is pure "tank and spank" like nothing in DCUO before it.
  11. Flightboy New Player

What is? Not sure what you are referencing here.
  12. RapidRay Committed Player

The T6 alert is all about burning down the health of the NPCs and bosses. There NO real strategy past the tank holding the aggro and everyone else just plain doing damage. "Tank and Spank".

Other alerts had switches to hit, doors to open, bombs to disable, items to carry, all kinds of strategic things to do. TD has none of those included.
    The T4 and T5 alerts were more about strategy and less about aggro because of all the scripted attacks. That made tanks SEEM less effective and they suffered what the healers are going through in the T6 alert.

I have stated repeatedly that the role buffs should be either removed, or in the least, reduced above T4 for good reason. It is the primary cause for the "Role Segregation" in this game and, until it is FORCED onto the community, nothing will change.
    • Like x 1
  13. Flightboy New Player

I was nodding my head in agreement until your last sentence. This is where lines have been confused a bit IMO.
  14. Gunny New Player

@ RapidRay

Not quite.

Tanks WERE excluded because of the role-less buffs. 25% damage mitigation is a noticeable difference. For those clueless out there, that does NOT mean taking in 25% less damage.

It is added onto your current mitigation. This means that if you already had 25% damage reduction from defense, that role-less buff will give you another 25%, meaning you actually live about 1.5 times longer than you did without it.

If you had 50% mitigation, that extra 25% will DOUBLE your survivability.

-------------------------------------------------

On the contrary, HEALERS are excluded simply because they are not needed. The role-less buff for healers is almost non-existent, and with tanks and other roles able to get substantial healing elsewhere, be it by soders, trinkets, or healing crystals.... then tanks being able to stay alive indefinitely by their abilities...

The content needs to get harder, or this type of exclusion will not go away. Roles become less useful with easier content - DPS do not have this problem.
    • Like x 1
  15. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

If the devs remove the buffs, the current set-up wouldn't change, it will further exclude others like earth and fire tanks. The tank buff was so much stronger, yet no one hardly complained, but now the healers are excluded the buffs have to go? Please tell me where this passion was 2 months ago? Someone in this thread who is arguing how the buffs have to go, was bragging 1st day how easy the t6 alert was w/o a tank. Lol we arguing like the role buffs were in u36
    • Like x 2
  16. Flightboy New Player

Quick little bump tons of good information in here as of the late threads (And some Bad)............ If you haven't read enjoy! :)
  17. Twincam Well-Known Player

Very well said, I highly doubt even if they take away the **tiny** buffs that it would have any influence on the skilled players in this game.
    • Like x 1
  18. Flightboy New Player

Thank you for your post and I agree with you too! :)
  19. Redscreen5 New Player

I hope nothing changes. Tanks have been isolated almost since the games inception, we've had the T6 content up for 2-3 months and the amount of heal complaints are soaring through the roof.

It's truly ridiculous. If your having trouble getting in a group simply make your own. The changes to grouping within T6 are NOT reflective of what will be apparent in the future, its just the way the alert plays out it's smoother when utilized with a tank. Instead of blaming pre historic updates, blame the devs for their lack of foresight in the alert structuring. Before T6 there wasn't a whisper regarding this subject, which is proof people will just bend opinions to facilitate their arguments.

I've said it once and i'll say it again, the anti-healer demands comes the community. Should we have to move heart, liver and lung prior no.
    • Like x 1
  20. Flightboy New Player

Quoted for truth! (Especially the red) ;)
    • Like x 1