Knightsdome Arena (Duo) Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Hjal, Aug 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hjal Developer

Welcome to the Knightsdome Arena feedback thread. Please use this thread for any feedback or issues you might encounter in the Knightsdome Arena Duo.

- Hjal
    • Like x 1
  2. BumblingB I got better.

Hello! I mentioned this in the testing feedback section, but this duo is just too hard for pugs. Not only is it easy to get swarmed, there is very little times to get out of combat to regenerate. Especially when you are dealing with impatient pugs. Plinking works when you take your time, but I don't feel like playing this duo outside of my league. That's not good, as I am not always on during the time they are.

I'm not talking about fighting jesse either, it's the mobs. Their range is farther than yours. It's easy to accidentally aggro more than one or accidentally lunge in.

It isn't hard for me to beat it, but it is going to be almost impossible to complete it when it fully goes live. I can gaurantee there will be a lot of negitive threads.
  3. BumblingB I got better.

I ran it again on my lesser dps and had to give up. I went back on my main. I figured out the problem. It is not because there are too many mobs, it's because EVERY ONE of the mobs have counter mechanics. So plink you are downed then juggled. Because with brawling, combo into the ground smash from lunge. If you pull more than 1 by accident, it goes back and forth and you don't do anything. It requires you to have at least one dps to burn things faster. Trying to do it as a tank will result in too much aggro and ultimate death if you aren't overgeared, but what is the point of the duo if you already have the gear.

I do not like this duo and will probably hardly even play it in league.
  4. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Is this really a "we cannot have nice things" situation? Add pulling to the game for one duo and it's unacceptable?

It's my favorite out of all of them.
  5. BumblingB I got better.

It's a duo, not an alert. It's inteded to be done by two dpses, not require you to have a healer. I'm sorry, yes, I am upset at it. It's worse than the bottle duos, it's not worth one mark to have so much heartache. This dlc intentions were to have small content, but I'm more frustrated by this than I ever was in Nexus or Prime. I can complete it, but my gear is almost full 85 dps. It's a duo intended to give you gear and marks to help you to improve your gear. Not require you to have the gear to play it. That's completely counterintuitive!

So forgive me for being mad bro, it doesn't belong.
    • Like x 2
  6. DarkNovaBlaze Dedicated Player

Why force us to fight waves of adds? Just bring em all at the same time so we can get through the duo quicker.
  7. WhiteW0lf Devoted Player

I unfortunately was not able to run this one yet today but I heard it was difficult. I'm honestly looking forward to that though. I saw a video that outlined the tricks to it so I'll have to see how it works out later tonight and get back to you guys.
  8. farm3rb0b Committed Player

I agree with BB about this one. I went in with a pug healer, and while we got through it, we wiped twice. And when you wipe...the mobs reset, naturally. Not only are there like 5 waves of adds before you have to take out the two groups, you also have like 6 waves of envy demons at the end before you fight the final boss. It's just never-ending. That's not even talking about the two groups that make up the majority of this instance. You can leave one or two in the center of one side, have no aggro (not in combat mode), go to the other group, start pulling one at a time, and all of a sudden that one envy demon you left on the first side comes at you. ...Why? Where is the aggro on him? This duo takes longer than the alert. Hands down.
    • Like x 3
  9. PaperGirl New Player

10. farm3rb0b Committed Player

Gotta be honest, as soon as I saw the HT trinket spam, I hit stop. Your video isn't helping the matter. Your video shows that if you have fully modded 86 gear (I'm sure you do...that's what 99% of folks did on test server and you have that trinket from the 86 vendor), use a tier 4 supply drop to buff your damage, hit an orbital strike with your damage modifier, and then go dps ballistic on the mobs, you can take them down.

Why does that not impress me here? At full T5, the only thing the duos give you are feats. That's it. They drop green gear. Nothing out of the duos is going to go on my character. I'm not the person these duos are catered to. It's the folks who do not have the dps power to go in and obliterate those mobs as you did in that video. If you're gearing up, all three duos are difficult, but this one is extremely so. There were times your health got crazy low taking out the cultists before you even got to the two mobs. Imagine having less health/defense on every piece of gear and not being able to put out the the same amount of damage in that time frame.
    • Like x 3
  11. PaperGirl New Player

This movie is not to impress anyone .

I was full 86 gear on Test server .

And i can tell you , when i ran this duo with my healer (in dps stance) on LIve server , it was really BS .
    The mobs blockbreak you continuously in the last room . Whiped several times .
    All solo/duo content since Home turf is crap as long as you are not a true dps .
    Remember Home Turf stryker solos , it was ridiculously hard for non-dps .
    I'm finewith the difficulty of these duos , just the last room need some fix with the mobs .
    • Like x 3
  12. Remander Steadfast Player

This was the only one I didn't get around to running on test. Though I finished it fairly easily with a leaguemate, I have to agree with some of the criticism. I don't mind plinking, but it does seem that the two groups of adds in the last room have a longer range than you. Got a bit dicey a time or two, but we were running healer (me), DPS. Lots of countering. If you accidentally draw too many, you can hardly stay on your feet. I don't mind the plinking or the waves, but could some of the countering be toned down, please? It's just irritating.
    • Like x 1
  13. Jamie New Player

I am definately looking forward to this. I'm a juggling fire tank so let's see how the mobs handle that. I just hope that I don't pull too much aggro.
  14. Remander Steadfast Player

Don't recommend hitting those add groups in tank stance. You will die. When you can't stay on your feet, you can't cast, so you can't juggle, so you die. Watch Kris in the last FNL. He's a juggling fire tank, and he got his tail handed to him.
  15. Spidersting Committed Player

Ran this yesterday for the first time, and i have to say i didn't see a problem with it you just need to learn what each mob does. The mobs that only throw BB at you will go down easy in a few hits, once you kill those you can block the ones that melee you. The key is to have 1 person pull and pull them all the way back to the wall. When they are about half way from the big group to you try to pick off the smaller guys that die in a few hits and then move back towards the wall.

Basicly deal with the BB guys first and you can deal with the ones that melee you and let you freely block all you want. The room is big use it to your advantage.
  16. Jamie New Player

If someone else failed trying that method that makes me want to try it even more. I may wipe and if I do I won't try it a second time.
  17. FreedomRollerMan Well-Known Player

wtf is this?! This is the second new duo I tried....I went in and we went to the left and knocked out the evil and then headed to a door at the end that closed behind us (after a cool cutscene). Apparently we were enclosed in a fence or something and three villains had to be knocked out, we did but one second later the three reappeared and knocked out the other hero and he or she left the duo...I also got knocked out, appeared back at the start and another hero entered the duo, this time I headed to the right since there were some villains on that side still (already took out all the ones on the left), we take those out , head to the door at the end, (no cutscene this time), ....
    Dude was like stay near the door before it started and I was like I know, other dude left before you got here....
    we need to knock out three villains, we attack, the door behind us closes, one second after we knock those three out they reappear...this happens few times and we get knocked out..............we both reappear at start and head back to the door at the end...
    we need to knock out three villains, we attack, the door behind us closes, one second after we knock those three out they reappear....this happens like 5 times, all enclosed in a fence so it just a little circle area we could fight and there was no exit to get to the larger group of villains. I'm not sure if it was the 5th mob of three that knocked me out or a 6th one(lost count) but I did get knocked out. I'm like dude I got to roll out of this duo... not fun. I don't see myself entering this again just to get knocked out by a trio mob that keeps appearing until they knock me out.
    Questions:
    How many times does that first group of three suppose to reappear?
    Are they suppose to reappear one second after getting knocked out?
    and
    Why is their no way to get to the larger group that you see in the cutscene and that I saw when they did the fnl show after knocking out those three just once?
  18. Remander Steadfast Player

IIRC, there are 5 waves of 3 adds, followed by a mini-boss. After that, you will tackle the 2 larger groups, followed by the final boss.
  19. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

I love this duo, I think they did a great job on it. Unfortunatly at this point I have to agree with the people saying it may be too hard.

I've run it 5 times since release, not a single time have I gotten in to a fresh instance, each time they are caught on the same part (the 2 big groups of mobs). From there we never had an issue getting through, but the fact that every time I got in a fail group at that part... i guess it may just be too much for most, and it is a duo meant for more casual play... I'll be sad if it gets nerfed though, but I can see why.

QQ people need to play better so fun things don't need to be dumbed down! :p
  20. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

missing the iconic fight after the 2 large groups then a set of 2 at a time demons, then the final boss.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.