Knightsdome Arena (Duo) Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Hjal, Aug 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BumblingB I got better.

Funny though, I'm told by my leaguemates that the queue for this particular duo doesn't pop. I've also been told that someone actually rage quitted on him because he was a dps even before they even started. This duo is tedious and annoying. It is no where near fun.
  2. Redd Vampirus New Player

It's not that bad as long as you are partnered with either someone who knows what they are doing, or partnered with a healer. My wife and I do this often, and it seems the more we run this duo, the easier it seems. Just the other day we completed it without dying once and got the feat for beating both crowds with less than a minute between them.
  3. Magnificent Loyal Player

I've had to carry multiple people through it, one time even having to solo Jesse with no Soders (which taught me to check my Soders before queing up lol). It separates out the bad and/or undergeared players.

As a tank (especially if I have Eternal Flame charged up), I looooooooooove when I have a partner that's good enough that it allows me to just jump into the middle of one of the groups and start wreaking havoc :)
    • Like x 2
  4. BumblingB I got better.

Yes it does. That's what I'm trying to stress here. You shouldn't have to be overgeared to run something that helps you gear up. That's the issue with this duo. Yes, I know how to beat it, but I was also full 85 dps gear when I first smashed it. I went on an alt that was barely green gear and it was the worst struggle ever. It's a gear check that should not exist. This duo is not an uber elitist haven, nor should it be. It's a place where the undergear can go for 2 marks of reality. We don't get that. I avoid it as much as possible. Didn't even know they put the mechanics back on the mobs. Leaguemates queue in the instance and there have been a lot of people before them. That's the issue.
  5. Magnificent Loyal Player

Sorry, it was tl;dr and I came in on the very @$$ end. It is a bit tougher compared to the others and that's hard to guage with their putting the raid content before the small-group content. If they re-tune this I hope they also re-tune the Arena Master (or whatever his name is) out in the Wrath area. His DoT is Duo-boss-level and therefore far out of alignment with the other solo mission bosses.
  6. Remander Steadfast Player

It's funny, I look at Arena Master like being in a boxing ring. It's bob and weave, bob and weave. If you stay at a good range and keep moving, his AoE and charge attack are pretty easy to avoid. You can't just go in and melee him. Takes some time, but not that hard.
  7. Magnificent Loyal Player

Absolutely agreed. He's like Jared, I think his DoT needs to be scaled down a bit. Next time I run the Cathedral duo I am going to try to remember to get an idea of his DoT damage then compare it to AM's.
  8. Martian Reaver Well-Known Player

I think his damage output is fine. The big problem is that you can't see that he is attacking you. It's a problem that runs all through SoT, they have so overdone all the visual affects except for the ones that hurt you those they ignored. Because being killed by something you can't see is fun.
  9. Magnificent Loyal Player

Aside from the occasional server lag I don't have this problem. Are you on PC or PS3?
  10. Martian Reaver Well-Known Player

PC.
  11. Magnificent Loyal Player

Hrmmm... Aside from the occasional server lag (which does happen), if it's happening quite a bit maybe there is a connection issue with your ISP?
  12. Too Many Toons Dedicated Player

Ran this last night...Boss didn't change into an iconic...not sure if that's intended. (villain run)
  13. Martian Reaver Well-Known Player

I doubt that, otherwise it would happen with all the content not just origin crisis and SoT. I think they put somebody on that went batshit for visual affects and completely forgot about testing to see if things work.
  14. Gargamond Dedicated Player

Remember that you can equip iconic and movement pulls to help cut down on mob size. Divide and conquer. Also, the prize shoots at you during the final boss fight. It hits hard, but the projectiles are very slow. Keep moving and it's fine.

My issue with this duo is the glitchiness of the door to the arena. If your partner dies and you warp to rally, the door stays closed and you both have to leave the duo and get a 10:00 minute deserter timer. That really annoys me. If the door is that glitchy, I'm sure I can eventually glitch it open. Eat that one, devs. Fix your door.
  15. PODER INFINITO Well-Known Player

i personally wouldn't change anything about this duo. I agree it is challenging and sometimes gets difficult/impossible when u got paired up with a replay boy that doesnt even know the concept of "clipping" "controlling" "healing" etcétera.
    I ran this duo since dlc came out, i did it with 2 dpss, we got the feats for no dying and no waiting on the very 1st time, i look at the board and i dps'd out my friend for 10k only.
    The duo is not problem, the problem is that sometimes, beast players get paired up with either geared or undergeared players who just dont know how to play.
  16. XxReCkLleSsxX Well-Known Player

I usually run this duo with a troll and agro the entire mob and slaughter them ... y'all need to step your game up if you're complaining about the difficulty.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.