John Smedley will take on a new, unspecified role at Daybreak.

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Lord Jareth, Jul 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

We'll never know the reasoning behind that is the FBI and other authorities are involved...

Russel Shanks is the current VP of Daybreak and has been around almost as long as Smedley

Place your bets, but I think Smedley will end up looking after the XBox side of things.
  2. Starbrand Dedicated Player

Joe Smedley, his evil twin, will take the place!
  3. aortenruptur Well-Known Player

Too bad he is gone as CEO.

Better have an outspoken real Man with balls of steel at the helm, then a political correct polished turd boy.

Hope he gets his Deathstroke suit on, or better Deadpools :D , and go cray cray on the Lizards a.s.s.e.s..

jm2c

#
    • Like x 1
  4. BigAl Devoted Player

Are you under the presumption that I agree with the Lizards getting away with it? You're naivety is adorable.

I would hire myself a hacker, have them trace the starting location of the DDoS attacks and send a nasty virus that destroys Lizard computers everywhere!!! Muhahaha!!! :p
    • Like x 2
  5. BRITTENY Dedicated Player

Is that what I said? No, it's not. But you trying to take shots at me is pretty funny.
    • Like x 1
  6. blazeing fire111 Devoted Player

Maybe now he will keep his mouth shut.
    • Like x 2
  7. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

If you're silent about your pain they'll kill you, and say you enjoyed it.

If you speak up about your pain and defend yourself, people judge you and deem you unfit for leadership.

It's funny how one quandary often eclipses the good or the wise things once done.
    Just shows how fickle we are as people
    • Like x 3
  8. Veritech Loyal Player

True, I'd like to see how the "should have kept his mouth shut" people would handle it if they were the target of harassment to the point of death threats and airline bomb scares.

Too many keyboard warriors.
    • Like x 2
  9. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Same here man, though I wouldn't necessarily say they're keyboard warriors.

To literally go through that.. (heck Id call it torment) and be quiet about it... nah.
    I've gone through being Swatted and false tax returns.. and no way on God's green earth did I stay quiet.
    I fought back. I called the people out. I didn't start it but I finished it.
  10. Curse Bringer Most Wanted

[IMG]

As I said It's a shame what happened, and I feel bad for him. But that tweet should not have been made whatsoever.
    • Like x 1
  11. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Why send threats with no teeth? I wouldn't tell a gang member who got probation who beat me up to try it again and i still can't fight. I wouldn't take a knife to a gun fight and talk crazy to the gunmen. Why bring more attention to yourself with no defense? I understand why he upset, but he literally is alone, the law hands are tied because of the country most of the culprits are in. I wouldn't paint a target on me
    • Like x 1
  12. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

He's been alone for a while and no one has tried to help

Question:
    Where was all the sudden community voicing when it wasn't affecting you?
    when Smed was going through it, (And still sort of is) where was all the voicing on this matter? All I see is judgement and scrutiny tbh.
    Concern was literally nowhere to be found.
    That said Lizard Squad was gonna DDOS anyway. they were planning on doing it regardless. Just like they have been harrassing Smedley without cause for the past few years.
    • Like x 1
  13. Remander Steadfast Player

Yeah, I have no problem with folks standing up for themselves, but with provocative tweets like these, he was dropping to their level and inflaming the situation. For someone in his position, it was the wrong move. He has to be more professional than that. Getting angry is easy. Anyone can do that. Controlling your anger is more difficult.
    • Like x 5
  14. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Im sorry but how did he get angry easily?
    I just see a lot of bottled up and pent up anger, like the straw that broke the camel's back.
  15. Remander Steadfast Player

That's not what I said. I said getting angry is easy. That's a general statement. The fact is that people in positions like his don't have the luxury of blowing up and going off, like some of us do.
    • Like x 4
  16. Controller Devoted Player

I wish John Smedley well. Hope he stays associated with DCUO. Have enjoyed this game over the last few years.
    • Like x 4
  17. ChillCat Loyal Player

Respectfully, the real keyboard warrior here was Smedley. It's easy to puff your chest out and tell some creep you're coming after him when you're thousands of miles away and sitting behind a comfy keyboard.

Yes, what was done to him was horrible.

Yes, the attackers are low life scum.

Yes, Smedley has every right to be angry

But as soon as he started making public speeches and calling Lizard Squad out, he's no longer a victim. He becomes an antagonist.

He absolutely should do something about his suggestion, but the Internet can be a dangerous place, and you need to be smart about how, when and where you fight. In all this, Smedley's only fault is picking a bonehead way to get his justice. I hope this situation turns around for him. Truly, I do.
  18. Veritech Loyal Player

Well said.

Disclaimers such as "my views and opinions are my own" don't really stop people associating your personal profile with your professional standing.
    • Like x 2
  19. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Lol I understand. And thanks for the clarity.
    But I understand his plight probably a bit deeper than those in this thread.
    If memory serves me right, ALL members of a corporation are responsible for the reputation of a company, from the Lowest rank to the Highest rank

I sorta take it personally lol.
    one quandary literally is eclipsing the good he's done and it's wrong. They tend to do that but it's a matter of perception. To be quite frank, it really makes no difference. He's damned both ways you look at it.

Tbh I think this is a victorious moment because it took a lot to break the guy.
    if it was upclose and personal, Smedley would prolly have beaten those guys to a pulp and rightfully so.
    all the hell they put him and his family through.
  20. Veritech Loyal Player

Your correct. Yet I think if these guys were in front of Smed in a locked room he could back up his threat.

I sympathize with the guy. We should be on his side rather than focusing on the inconvenience caused by a social media error of judgement.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.