John Smedley will take on a new, unspecified role at Daybreak.

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Lord Jareth, Jul 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

2. Her02Zer0 Well-Known Player

Curious how this turn of events will play out now.
    • Like x 1
  3. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

Russell Shanks.

i haven't heard anything about him yet gonna go look him up this could be good or bad.
  4. Morcra Committed Player

if you wanna type in a different color at least make it a visible one that people dont need to strain there eyes to read.

no offense

also i hope this leads to station cards coming back
  5. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

yeah i accidenly did that i was trying too copy his name and it went that color. my bad"

Sorry folks i said Russel Shanks. I haven't heard anything about him yet gonna go look him up this could be good or bad.
  6. Magician Dedicated Player

[IMG]

Yes it's true. I've stepped back from Daybreak. Please don't worry because not only is there nothing to worry about, I'm real excited about the next thing which I hope to announce fairly soon. I have loved every second of the time at SOE/Daybreak. The Daybreak team are without a doubt some of the best in the industry and I plan on doing everything I can to continue to support them. I'm also super happy with the Columbus Nova team. They are outstanding human beings that truly support Daybreak and it's people and are in it for the long haul. I'm happy to have a good relationship with them. We lucked out on the people we were sold to. I'll make more announcements once I have more to say, but until then I'm going to play the **** out of H1Z1, Dota 2 and Planetside 2. I can stay up super late playing now and not give a crap about waking up at 5:30 for work.I also think I'm going to put the pizza away for a while and do more than look at that treadmill in my office at home.
    Smed
    • Like x 2
  7. Morcra Committed Player

aaa sry for misunderstanding
  8. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

According to the article, He stepped down because of Lizard Squad
    Because the article said"The CEO's departure comes in the wake of a cyberattack that took many of his game company's game servers offline."
    I'm curious to how Russell Shanks will impact daybreak and DCUO in general. This is gonna be interesting to say the least imo.
    • Like x 1
  9. Morcra Committed Player

i dont understand whats thier goal.

are they doing this just to be *****?

this really...... grind's my soul
  10. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

its all good don't blame you. it should other color when i was typing it so that kinda confuse me as well :D
  11. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

Well this is really hard to decide John step down we have a new CEO Everything and anything can change now all i can say is wait too find out
  12. Faust74 Loyal Player

More likely than Not, the New Boss will be the same as the Old Boss.
  13. GoldenDodge Dedicated Player

• Like x 1
  14. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Pretty much, they are bored little ***** who all deserve a sound threshing (in a literal threshing machine), like those scum who hacked a cheating date site (it's a date site for people who want to cheat on their spouse) and are threatening to release the details because "quote"they are concerned about cyber privacy"quote"
  15. SasquaT Dedicated Player

• Like x 1
  16. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

Just shuffling the cards to get him off the radar, I would bet. I feel so bad for him and the terrorism he is enduring with those lizard turds
    • Like x 11
  17. EconoKnight XIII Legion

Smedley will now be chiefly responsible for mime.

[IMG]
    • Like x 4
  18. Curse Bringer Most Wanted

I feel bad for him as well, but he was getting a bit vocal on twitter. Those tweets were pretty much like poking a animal with a stick.
    • Like x 6
  19. Rokyn Dedicated Player

Just read the report on those hackers....how can it be possible that young hacker teens actually have this much freedom without any sense of responsibility nor consequential act of punishment? Just let them roam free and ensue cyber terrorism? Technically they are terrorists. Is it because they are in the EU?
    • Like x 4
  20. Curse Bringer Most Wanted

Finland has no extradition laws. There are also 15 other cases that could lock him away
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.