Is there finally any news coming out for the next powerset or not?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Saturn Girl, Sep 3, 2018.

1. LadsDcuo Well-Known Player

Ok Ok don't get your hopes up water took ages to get released I wouldn't be surprised if they don't release a new power atleast until 2020 anyway 2018 was a hyped up year for Dcuo they were hyping up Dcuo to get huge updates well they still didn't announce anything umm still waiting o_O
    • Like x 1
  2. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We are not working on a new powerset currently. The teams are mostly focused on episode content and supporting the systems we have in their infancy (artifacts, augments, etc.). This could of course change.
    • Like x 17
  3. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

How much do you really “work” on additions to your character that you dont see? Likee artifacts and augments really just add a little more damage to to your player card..
    Ive never really understood the players that chase #s in missions especially when they’re all Pretty much a breeze as long as you have a little gear.. im a atomic tank with not thay many sp and I haven’t modded my gear in years and im fine, well i wemt from control to tank w my main but ive never truly struggled, besides doomsday..

But realize that at this point, because there are alot, a ton of you guys thay wamt to look strong at the emd of the game for 5 seconds that the card is up... that because yall wanna chase # that dont bring actualy anything new to the game besides a way to burn slightly better, thats where their recourses go and not into making actually new stuff

Just let this be known, i 100% blame this on the 50 threads about sp not mattering

But yo someone explain to me how this space power would work it would actually be kinda cool....

I was actually thinking that they should just throw a couple powers from earth, water, fire ( we still need air) together in a power tree and call it elements & lock it as a dps only power, that would be introducing a new class & power type woah the madness
    • Like x 2
  4. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Hopefully it does change. We are playing a superhero game after all, superpowers play a big part in that
    • Like x 6
  5. TrueColors Well-Known Player

This message makes me sad. :(

• Like x 4
  6. Version San Diego Active Player

I would like them to just add a few more iconic powers or movement mode powers. Even expanding on the current sets for added versatility would be nice. A new aoe and solo target power for all.
    • Like x 1
  7. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

Sadly we’ve been getting alot of these recently
  8. Kuno Loyal Player

Those systems are cool and "necessary" in case of the augments since they replace the old R&D, but they are "invisible". Stats are good but I want something more. Like new habilities for each tier, new iconics, new weapons, new weapon mastery combos... since powersets and weapons are a no.
    It sounds like the game is in a comfy manteinance mode, with 3 episodes a year with their event versions and the eventual time capsule / booster.

Its sad, at least for me. In all #transparency, should we accept that the game is what it is and move on?
    I always thought this game had more potential than limitations.
    • Like x 3
  9. Darth Piper Loyal Player

Eh... there's always the seasonal stuff as well as special anniversary days of major DC comics characters... minor things to keep us occupied and simple enough stuff for the casual players to go and have some fun.

I think that while you see it as a maintenance mode, I also think there are a lot of things going on behind the scenes that they either cannot or will not talk about at this time... and they are things that will be invisible to us... specifically code cleanup that will make things run more efficiently, provide stability, and provide easier interfaces for future development. Mepps even said in a different thread regarding bonus marks that the newer stuff is built such that they can make the open world stuff part of the bonus as well while in older things it is a haphazard mix of whether they can or cannot. I suspect that this... and removing workarounds and code blocks specific to the PS3... are being looked at as well. That kind of stuff is not an easy prospect given the size of the code base, and could even be a prelude to a move to a newer version of Unreal Engine (might as well wish for something big, if I'm going to wish :) ). Regardless of whether they opt to upgrade or not, the cleanup of the code base is a good thing to do in terms of removing technical debt, and that will make bug fixes easier.
    • Like x 2
  10. Proxystar #Perception

Good call, it's best to properly support existing systems and ensure they are a success rather than over stretching and expanding things like powers at the expense of existing elements
    • Like x 1
  11. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

Tehehehe people are picking up on me starting the phrase “ invisible stats

You know proxy...
    I really want them to continue to put in new powers in, they’ll never b able to please everybody, so why not get a power to a 50/50 approval rate or atleast 35/50... then start making a new one

Buuuut i think right now the real issue is what power is really left to put in the game that like has a whole power tree that can be thought up.. like think of a power idea & then try to think up a tree for it... its kinda limitedddd....

But im always going to complain on here even if im wrong... its what i do
  12. Proxystar #Perception

I'd just rather have them focus on getting existing powers balance, enhancing existing systems, ensuring they work correctly and getting us new content that doesn't involve them having to balance yet more powers ;)

But yes, to each their own.
    • Like x 2
  13. BlackSuperGirl Committed Player

Indigo Tribe Power plz ... ty

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  14. Karas2016 Dedicated Player

I can understand powersets, but Tbh I can't believe the iconic power tree is not even on the list as of now, we had the same iconic powers more than 5 years ago, does it take alot of resources? Cause we have the powers in the game already, just not for us to use, please reconsider it to the team.
    • Like x 2
  15. recoil2 Dedicated Player

honestly i'd rather see the powers we have now EXPANDED, and then some powers added (3 or 4) to cover anything the one's we have now don't. basically a lot of stand alone powers people are asking for should have been an ability or tree in one of our current powers like vampirism for rage, animal summoning/partial transformations for nature, light manipulation for hardlight or the blessed tree of celestial etc etc.
    • Like x 1
  16. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

I like this idea allot and I think they should do what they have on the table now but also they should give all powers some more abilitys but I do think 2020 we might see something as far as new powers go ^-^.
  17. Saturn Girl Committed Player

Thanks, I hope it does. But please as everyone mentioned : Hurry up cause powersets are the vital part of this video game. And also as everyone mentioned : Consider making new Iconic Powers.
    • Like x 1
  18. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

I'd rather see them bring BACK the 2nd Tier of Iconic Powers that became available at Level 22 or 23, the ones they REMOVED from the game last year with the major Stats Revamp. Kryptonians, Daxamites, Martians, and others NEED their X-Ray Vision, dammit! :p
  19. recoil2 Dedicated Player

ironically i never quite realized what x-ray vision actually did until they removed it and i ran assassins stronghold and crime temple, then i realized it makes cloaked or stealth using npcs visible XD.
    • Like x 2
  20. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Those weren't powers, those were innate stat boosts.
    • Like x 1