Is there finally any news coming out for the next powerset or not?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Saturn Girl, Sep 3, 2018.

1. bull425 Well-Known Player

Let me say this. It’s a superhero game. Powers are a part of the genre period. So if they never come out with a new power that would be disappointing. 15 is great, but there are more than 15 powers, so to me at some point it’s a must.

Having said that, I would prefer they take their time and announce close to when they will release any new powers.
    • Like x 1
  2. Proxystar #Perception

The power of obesity, the power interaction is diabetus and it comes with a new body type 'brute mammoth'
    • Like x 3
  3. Balton hero Committed Player

I actually want this. Could have that roll those one demons do in that one Trigon's son solo where fat boy tries to take everything over(sry for the vague, blanking on all the names). Plus, y'know....Blob and Titanic Trenton iconics.
    • Like x 1
  4. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

Powers = money.

PS3 was dropped.

Let’s gooooooooooooo !
    • Like x 4
  5. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

using heroes like plastic man, metamorpho and bouncing boy as inspiration elasticity powers could be fun.

the old dc heroes role playing game had a great way of working out and explaining what these guys powers were. "self manipulation" is the ability to shapechange into an inanimate object (like plas turning into a car or lamp), "molecular chameleon" allows you to change into one of the elements (like metamorpho), "omni arm" allows you to shape change your arm, usually into weapons or shields. there could be a new movement skin for acrobatics: "bouncing". could work best *** a tank power being able to change into a giant wall or a fist to engage bosses and mitigate damage.

sadly i would rather they fix my own power first before adding any new ones to the game.

a new power is probably going to come first.
  6. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

7. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

I hope there are new powers coming soon. But honestly I wouldn’t do it if I were them til they had three powers ready to go that way troll healer tank all get them at once ... other wise they will have complaints that there is a troll but no new tank or healer powers

Although what I really want is for them to add some
    New iconics

And im real curious about the weapon update

I’d really like to use brawling and be competitive with out having to mess with weapon mastery I’d like for them to make all play styles viable and competitive ...

Wishful thinking I know
    • Like x 1
  8. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Very wishful thinking.
    Light - September 2011
    Electricity - December 2011
    Earth - March 2012
    Quantum - May 2013
    Celestial - August 2013
    Rage - January 2014
    Munitions - April 2015
    Atomic - November 2015
    Water - August 2017
    • Like x 2
  9. Saturn Girl Committed Player

That's weird even though they used to usually release at least one powerset once per a year and too many episodes every year with a lot of big contents and open world and colls and briefs and invs with too many styles but now there's that much mount of delay.
    Not sure about what they're going on about and this is true or not but I guess they are having regression instead of profit.
  10. LastSonOfEarth Committed Player

Actually artifacts are the new TC’s.
  11. LastSonOfEarth Committed Player

More likely is the lack of focus on additions that take a lot of work, and profit way less than near-effortless TC’s and artifacts.
    • Like x 1
  12. Saturn Girl Committed Player

True.
    Less difficult work to make the same old money. Got it.
    Something like laziness.
  13. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I don't know how much money powers actually make though. I'm sure they take A LOT of time to make, and they're free for legendary. I'm sure respec token sales would go through the roof for a short time, but is there much revenue beyond that?

I wouldn't be like this if it wasn't for the whole "if it doesn't sell we don't focus on it" kick that daybreak is on lately
  14. Saturn Girl Committed Player

Ikr but this is not a good service to community, If something is hard or not useful enough it shouldn't be meant to not do that, I believe there's always a solution for everything, JUST AS AN EXAMPLE when the membership expires the player becomes a premium player and only has access to 6 characters even though the player has 16 characters. So with a little bit thinking and good suggestions can solve this useless point of designing new powersets.
  15. Doc.Doom15 Committed Player

They are working on a new movement mode first:

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  16. Raven Roth Committed Player

I would like more iconic powers if we aren't getting any new powersets for a while
    • Like x 1
  17. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

New abilities within the current powers as well. They made a few new abilities during the revamp so it's definitely possible
    • Like x 2
  18. Darth Piper Loyal Player

Bouncing Boy (Legion of Superheroes)
    • Like x 1
  19. tukuan Devoted Player

20. mexmex Dedicated Player

As of lately (a year and a half or so) it does feel we have way more gambling less playing.
    Maybe their numbers are better but certainly ours in terms of population or bug/gameplay fixes are worse.
    New abilities to each power set or to the iconics is a long overdue.