Is it bad to help strangers get feats?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Giga Vamm, Apr 25, 2018.

1. Giga Vamm Dedicated Player

Nope, no one asked for the feat. As I said before, it was just odd to see Bumbler separated completely from Tala and then have a 230 go out of the way to attack Bumbler first. I also said that I would have been fine had the 230 answered my question with "I didn't think about the feat and just attacked all the enemies in the room."

I wasn't upset the feat didn't occur. I was just curious as to what the thought process was by the 230 to handle the fight as he or she did. The 230 answered as though I had somehow insulted him or her and decided to insult me for my question.

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  2. Drathmor Unwavering Player

don't feel bad if they are calling you a libtard there not very bright, to begin with as they are just spewing hate-filled political speak. that has no place in the game.. if you can help someone you should..... just ignore that clown
    • Like x 4
  3. Tilz Loyal Player

Thanks for clearing it! :)

Ye ok. That's really weird.
    • Like x 2
  4. Giga Vamm Dedicated Player

I wasn't overly surprised by the player's response. The same player sent angry messages to me a couple years ago for reviving my wife after she was knocked out in a 4-player instance. He felt I wasted valuable time instead of helping to do damage to the boss we were fighting. My wife was at tier, and the toxic player was 15-20 CR above the content during the AM era. I believe I was about 10 CR above the content.
    • Like x 1
  5. ALEX33016 Well-Known Player

If you put that idiot on ignore, you probably won't get pulled into any instances with him. "Libtard" doesn't even make sense. LOL Some people are miserable in real life and have to come on a game and just be a di*k. He's probably a loser "Incel" anyway. Thing is, why is he coming into such a low level raid? I think that one gives you less than 5 MoV. He spent all that time to get < 5 marks? Really? And he is calling people "anytard"? o_O
    • Like x 1
  6. Ferret2 Well-Known Player

I always help when I can. This weekend i got into a group that was high cr doing lower tier raids for styles. They helped me get feats and even helped me with finding collections and briefings. Good group all from same league. To bad more people werent like that we would have a much better comunity
    • Like x 3
  7. Shark Dental Devoted Player

I had a total Mr. Freeze/Black Adam moment there for a second. :D
    • Like x 4
  8. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Have no idea what your talking about.

What I said, if you want feats, put a group or team together. If your just queuing, no. That is not a team. That is 4 random people. You have no idea if they are there for marks have 10min before dinner, or whatever. If you want feats put your own group together. This has been echoed for years. Do not expect people to help with feats just because they are there. Very, very wrong assumption.
  9. Giga Vamm Dedicated Player

ROFL. I was referring to her digital character and not my actual wife.
    • Like x 2
  10. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Never help strangers with feats. Especially if they offer you candy or tell you that they have a special present for you. Some strangers will even tell you that your mom or dad sent them to run feats with you, but they're trying to trick you.

If a stranger sends you a private message telling you that your parents were in a car accident in Earth 3 and the person wants to take you to visit them, don't believe them! These strangers don't care about you or your family. They only want to use you to get feats for themselves. Tell them you're going to report them, and many will disappear right away.
    • Like x 2
  11. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

I understand, but if I que, I'm just there for marks. I stopped grinding for SP years ago. Lol, ask the people I play with. I really don't even go after the solo feats. Just not interested in a little more health.

As for helping others. I will help, but just don't expect it. I play for downtime, not stress. Usually having a beer or cocktail, plus smoking refreshments. I just don't take this game as seriously as I used to. I've totally lost a reason to grind for SP.

Not saying SP don't matter anymore. If you haven't played an alt with very low skill points, you'll understand the other reason low level players get to end level without knowing how to play. You can't run the same rotations because of power issues. It's really bad, and I do feel for newer players, but there are plenty of other players and of course tomorrow is another day eventually someone will help you with feats. Just not me, probably. :)
    • Like x 1
  12. Drathmor Unwavering Player

always use a safety word mine was spiderman .. Stranger Danger =-)
    • Like x 1
  13. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

if I join others thats a team I willingly joined...go ahead..play the lone wolf hero who doesnt need a team...with a team...good way to get kicked though..not caring or listening to others..enjoy the kicks
    • Like x 1
  14. Knarlydude Loyal Player

It sounds like that was a kid and he also does not know what a liberal is. He just knows words that he hears other kids saying.

There is nothing wrong with helping. I do it all the time. Next time just kick the guy jumping ahead. I do that all the time too. :D
    • Like x 3
  15. Butterface Betty New Player

I used to help randoms so much to get feats. Now I don't help, unless I know you, or need the feat aswell. I've learned people don't appreciate the help. Or just don't want it.
  16. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Lol, the forums have their own view on high CR running lower tier content. I've been thanked for completing instances quickly, because some random kept messing things up. Have also never been kicked for just running content thru blind queuing, and if they did, cool. It really wouldn't bother me. I can just reque, and probably find a better team.

And yes, I do play as the lone wolf. I run as an atomic battle tank. I have since Dec. The reason, besides raids. I can solo everything else. I pug a majority of the time. So my faith in players I see thru pugging is extremely low. Not to say I don't run into good players here and there.

So to answer you, no. I probably won't be kicked from anything. I'll be thanked for coming ins kicking ***, and completing content that they possibly could not finish on their own. :)
  17. TheDrone Well-Known Player

You got that right. Two years ago, it was Libtard. One year ago, it was snowflake. And this year, it's alt-right.
  18. TheDrone Well-Known Player

While I agree that Libtard is intended to offend, it's comical to claim it's aimed at people who are "trying to do the right thing". It's generally used toward people who are doing things that fly in the face of common sense. Like people who hold up FDR as a bastion of Union rights despite his repeated statements that Unions have no place inside the government. Those people are libtards. Or perhaps an even better example is Democrats who hold up the following Presidents as great examples of our "Democratic ideals":

FDR (Japanese internment camps) (disliked blacks and native americans)
    Woodrow Wilson (supported the KKK)
    LBJ (signed the Civil Rights bill) (hated blacks)

People who LOVE those former Presidents are libtards.
  19. TheDrone Well-Known Player

Probably for one of the super annoying drops from Tala. Me ... I think I need to kill 2 more clowns. I'm so sick of that.
  20. BumblingB I got better.

Meh, I actively try to get people feats. I wont mention it to them so no loss if they do something silly. If I see the feat pop, I'm like yay, otherwise eh.

Him calling you a libtard is amusing though. I guess because you wanted to share the wealth and do a feat on his time, because time = money. #amirite?
    • Like x 1