Is it bad to help strangers get feats?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Giga Vamm, Apr 25, 2018.

1. Giga Vamm Dedicated Player

When I run content, I usually try to help strangers get feats that they may not be aware of, especially if they're easy feats to get. I was running Black Dawn today as an 87 healer, and one of the 230 players was skipping ahead, soloing everything. That same player took down Bumbler at the end, negating the No Bedtime for Bozo feat, despite Bumbler being away from Tala to easily take her down without harming him. When I asked why, I was told that people need to form their own groups for feats. I was also called a libtard, which I had to look up.

Is it frowned upon to help others with fairly simple feats because most players are deemed lazy and/or stupid? Is that why I was called a libtard?
    • Like x 3
  2. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I think you already know the answer. I hope that [REDACTED] hit your ignore list so hard he got a concussion.
    • Like x 7
  3. Eve YouTuber

Not at all. If I know there's an easy feat in a content I'm running, I will alert the other people so they can enjoy the feat themselves.
    They get benefit from it as well, so i don't see the issue. It's always the high CR players though, for some reason. Usually I form groups with friends to get feats done, but there are easy feats you can get with pugs as well. As far as for name calling and this kind of behavior, I'm not dealing with those players. It's a shame that's how it is, but I had my fair experience with them. So I do the opposite. I'm begin helpful and kind- make sure the low CR learns and get to experience the content they are running. Not dying behind missing loot and experience. But that's just me. :)
    • Like x 7
  4. TheDrone Well-Known Player

First, libtard doesn't make any sense in this context. Second, most players just want to burn through and get done. So, getting people to do things slower is usually a losing battle.

That being said, there are some feats that can be done with virtually no increase in the time it takes. In those cases, as long as you tell people what you want to do, basic courtesy should motivate them to comply with your request. If you want a feat that will turn a 30 second boss fight into a 4 minute boss fight, I'd suggest making a group specifically for that. But, in your example, there's no reason not to do what you wanted. It won't take any longer. Not being helpful just makes the person a dick. I'd bet that he wouldn't have responded the way he did if you were a 230 instead of an 87. So, there may have been a bit of elitism at play.
    • Like x 7
  5. Schimaera Devoted Player

Not at all. More power to those ppl who do that!
    • Like x 11
  6. Eve YouTuber

True, though the content itself is relevant to his CR. Not the 230 CR guy. The thing is you aren't supposed to burn things
    and be done with it. People that the content is relevant to them in order to progress in game, should enjoy the
    content as well, get to experience it, and not get stuck behind, losing loots and get insulted for it. That's an easy feat,
    the group could have easily done it. It's basically like "Corner the Market" feat from Amazon Fury I.
    • Like x 4
  7. Giga Vamm Dedicated Player

Yeah, I agree with you for the most part. When I'm over geared for content, I do sometimes ask people if they need feats that will take significantly longer after prefacing that is the case. I let the group decide as a whole, but it also depends on how much time I have available for that run.

I guess when I said "easy feats" I mostly meant feats that an over geared player doesn't really have to go out of his or her way to get because they at most increase the instance time by a minute and require nearly no group cooperation.
    • Like x 3
  8. TheDrone Well-Known Player

I know. Another example of why I opposed a lot of the changes they made a while back. Supposedly, they wanted to remove the motivation for high CR players to "ruin" low level content. And then, they added Catalysts to that content, thereby motivating those players to return to that content. So, illogical.
    • Like x 1
  9. Crimson Veil Dedicated Player

Situational:

In general helping w/ feats is cool

But If nobody specifically called out that you were trying for a feat and/or others didn't agree to going for it, then i wouldn't presume that anybody is going to help w/ it. A lot of High level players who are running older content like that are there just to get marks/gear/styles/catalysts as fast as possible and get out of there
    • Like x 1
  10. TheDrone Well-Known Player

With style unlocking coming out now, you'll see a lot less high CR characters in low CR zones. So, you'll get less of this kind of thing happening. But, it also means that you'll end up with longer waits to get stuff done.
    • Like x 1
  11. Giga Vamm Dedicated Player

The fastest way to finish Black Dawn is to burn Tala down as quickly as possible. Why would a 230 then go attack Bumbler who had wandered into the larger area while Tala was still in the middle? It makes no sense unless the player was intentionally trying to ruin that feat for the group.

And no one requested the feat, but the behavior was extremely odd.
    • Like x 1
  12. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

you were called a libtard by a...but i guess we can be done with the name calling...no you were fine...im tired of teams having to have super cr people because the portals to content are gone...and the rest of the team becoming ittle more than sidekicks
    • Like x 1
  13. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

I don't appreciate people expecting help. Asking and expecting are two very different things. I wouldn't have burnt down the guy he did, but if no one asked to help on a feat, eh.

I do agree with the guy about forming your own group for feats. I've run primarily solo, or 1 or two friends, for a couple of years. I get feats done, because I setup groups to do so, if I feat hunt at all.
    • Like x 4
  14. Giga Vamm Dedicated Player

Unfortunately, as TheDrone already mentioned, higher players are needed to decrease queue times. It's a double edged sword. If we have higher CR players with us, players in the relevant CR band lose out on experience and can miss out on loot if the higher player doesn't wait for all players to get into an area. If we do not have higher CR players in the lower content, players within the relevancy band might have to wait more than an hour for a queue on a regular basis.

With the population that we have in the game, there are no easy solutions to the problems with teamwork and queue times.
    • Like x 1
  15. Giga Vamm Dedicated Player

I understand where you're coming from, but I disagree about avoiding feats just because no one asked for it. If a feat takes minimal effort, why not try for it if you can essentially solo the feat quickly?

People are constantly complaining about higher CR players with very low SP. The mindset that over geared players shouldn't help strangers with easy feats unless they ask does not help that disparity.
    • Like x 2
  16. Eve YouTuber

Yeah, the real issue is no one really runs old content anymore *Unless* there is a catalyst.
    And so beginners have issue progressing because they can't get into content relevant to them.
    So in a way they wanted end-game players to run old content so queues will pop up, but this
    became worse for the low CR players who get knocked out behind by bunch of Adds the
    High CR chose to ignore. This is a issue right there.
    • Like x 1
  17. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

then why team at all..if no help for me or I help you??you join a team..you are a part of that team regardless of cr...it made no difference in game play or play time...anyways...helping team mates helps the win..not sure why it has to be brought down to Barney level...do we need to sing a happy song in a stuffy costume to explain it further??!!
    • Like x 1
  18. Crimson Veil Dedicated Player

I'll play devil's advocate here:

I haven't run that raid in years, I didn't really remember that feat or how it worked. If I had decided to go back in there yesterday (before I read your post) I could easily see myself going in there w/ a kill everything mentality and messing up all the feats ;)
  19. Giga Vamm Dedicated Player

Sure, but we know based on how the player responded to my question about why he or she attacked Bumbler that wasn't the case. I wouldn't have had any issue had the player said, "Oh, sorry. I just didn't really think about the feat and knocked everything out." I asked the question out of curiosity and to maybe provide a little nudge to say, "Hey, could you think about the rest of the group a little more next time?"
    • Like x 2
  20. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

a q system that would allow for smaller teams might...and i do mean might...help...as in if 2 people q for a 4 man they can click the option to run it as a duo...tough work...and probably a wet work dirty job feats wise..but youd do it get it done finally...no question..no boring waits...