Is everybody technically capable of DPS?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by AgnesEshak, Nov 24, 2014.

1. Shadowdragon Devoted Player

I recently did the same thing. Fire DPS is pretty fun with the AM setup. Definitely set an armory for it if you can. Your tree will be different than your tank build. The rest is practice as you may have to break some old habits. You might want to start one tier lower than your tank build until you're comfortable. Good luck!

[IMG]
    "We talkin' 'bout practice man!"
    • Like x 1
  2. spack2k Steadfast Player

yes everyone can but shouldnt.
  3. EP Ice Loyal Player

You say you are not an elitist but your statement says otherwise.
    • Like x 1
  4. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

LOL...I have to laugh here as some of the elitist are just horrible but require so much from the team...One I run with has yet to grasp the concept of crits and how to properly invest SP after getting all crits and WM moves...players has over 180 SP and yet is still lost with some basis in game mechanic for a DPS... he hates it when I grab my nature alt and out dps him by 750K on average in instances...and I am never trying with that toon either...LOL...

I can't wait to try out the update HL mechanic to show him my true DPS capability....LOL...
  5. DCUController New Player

no trust me they cant lol

ran with a rage DPS, who only had 990k by time we got to 2nd boss in themyscira, I was sitting at 2.3mil

ended the alert with me having almost 4mil(just over 3.7mil roughly) and the other DPS having just over 1.3mil

now some will say that is considered "decent" damage, but to be 2.4mil behind in a alert? sorry, I can see maybe 300-400k behind simply due to out geared by 1-3 pieces, or have far less SP then the other DPS, but IMHO that player simply was either 1) new to the DPS side of rage, or 2) new to rage period
  6. DCUController New Player

the yellow part I agree with, the pink however I'm 50/50 tbh, the new content isnt really that demanding sadly :oops:, Im only at 147sp and I've been complimented on my DPSing :p

the red if you feel that way why not join a league that plays when your on? of ppl who have the SP' that fit your requirements.

Me I dont have requirements other then a alert ought to be 1 1 1 1 not 2 1 1 or 3 1 like people like to run them nowadays.

sure themyscira, ICW, and even breach can be ran without healer and tank now lmao, but just b/c they can why should they?

I've got to the point if its not a 1 1 1 1 I'll ask if anyone can switch, if no one switches I leave.
  7. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

8. RSL New Player

or the "never try" have too low expectations.
  9. Sbel Devoted Player

Did you check his gear? People queue up to that and icw with half 85 gear. :rolleyes: I sometimes feel like kicking them for being too lazy or impatient to run the duos a few days before jumping into the alerts...
  10. Opamp Committed Player

Haha newb.

2 hours a week to play the game, you think I'm going to farm feats? hahah
  11. Starbrand Dedicated Player

No, they are lying to you.

To be a DPS, you must buy a Re-spec token only sold in rare ocasions.

I´ve got one in 2011, $50 price, but I could not use it cause I didnt have the Mists of Pandaria DLC.

So I am waiting the DCUO 2, to be released in 2022, to try again.

Anyway, good luck.
  12. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

What farming by the time I reached lvl 30 I had 44 sp. My 134 came mostly from natural gameplay
  13. kAiSeR007 Dedicated Player

After reading this thread all I can say is that I'm glad SM exists.
  14. Saami Loyal Player

I thought we were speaking here about damage per second.
    Things like reviving team mates, blocking, rolling etc... I dont evend except them when im puging.
  15. rival exe New Player

1 instance does not set the standard. Just because he didn't live up to your expectations one time doesn't mean he can't meet those expectations ever.
  16. DCUController New Player

no but the topic is "is EVERYBODY capable of DPS"

therefor the answer is no due to the post I replied on that experience.
  17. DCUController New Player

yup full had full 91 with some 93 gear, 94 rings/face/neck and 1 other 94 piece dont remember tho. Was the vendor 94 piece not raid.

I inspect everyone that sticks to DPSing in TD lol see what im up against :p
    • Like x 1
  18. rival exe New Player

i already provided why your statement was wrong. I will say it again for you.
    Just because a player doesn't do "good" dps in one instance does not mean they are not capable of doing good dps.

Just because EVERYBODY doesn't do "good" dps in one instance does not mean EVERYBODY are not capable of doing good dps. EVERYBODY is capable.
  19. DCUController New Player

Im sorry but that doesn't make sense one bit.

a 4man instance it IS easier to do more damage then a 2man or a solo. same for 8mans are easier to do more dmg then the rest of the content, why? because the enemies are harder.

its simple as this a bad DPS is a bad DPS, just as a new DPS player is a new DPS player.

yea sure everyone can deal dmg hell even healers, trolls, and tanks deal damage if you wanna get technical...

and Im sorry no one will want a mediocre DPS that it takes 15+ minutes to burn a boss in themyscira. No one. The instance alone should only be 20-25 minutes depending on what roles your using.
  20. rival exe New Player

It does make sense. I'm sorry if you don't understand it. I am not sure how to make it any clearer. Once a "bad DPS always a bad DPS" is not true. Everyone CAN be good.