Is DC Universe going to be on PS4?

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by x2TMx, May 15, 2013.

1. x2TMx New Player

I know we a a long way from the ps4 but just curious as to DC being on the ps4. I am going to buying one but if dc is not going to ps4 then I might as well switch to the pc and start building my guy up now. Going to be buying a new pc within the new 2 months so wanting to know if I should get a gaming pc or just wait for ps4.
  2. neptunesBeard New Player

PS4 can't play PS3 games so..........
  3. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

The last official word I saw was DCUO isn't going on PS4.
  4. x2TMx New Player

I know ugh.. you would think they would have backwards compatibilties but that's why I'm wondering if soe is planning on releasing it for the ps4.
  5. Aiden Warren New Player

Being that it's Sony. Yes.
    • Like x 1
  6. Aiden Warren New Player

It's Server Based. Not Retail on the actual console.
    • Like x 1
  7. neptunesBeard New Player

Yeah I think the architecture of the software is completely different than PS3 so that's why.
    They said there would be some kind of emulation app on the PS4, but I don't know how that would work with DCUO and transfering of all that information to a new system.
    • Like x 1
  8. Mave New Player

If they did it would have to be a separate world from the ps3 side due to the capabilities of the ps4, Ps4 players would have a leg up in everything.
  9. NoLimit54 New Player

Technically, isn't the PS3 version, download only? I don't see why they couldn't tweak a few things to make it work on PS4, then again I have no idea what that all involves.
  10. WonderValkyrie New Player

i thought they said ps4 just won't play physical ps3 games, but will offer some ps3 games for digital download. I know they never brought ps2's everquest to ps3 though so i won't hold breath for a ps4 version. I'm keeping my ps3 too after i buy the ps4, so i'll still be playing regardless.
    • Like x 2
  11. Aiden Warren New Player

Being that DCUO is Server, so it's not the game console it's self, so a Digital download will be just a Client Side, but not the actual game, just files for the data that is to the DCUO Server that we connect to.
    PS4 will have more better graphics, maybe DCUO will have that as well, But it's server Side, so pretty much it will be on PS4. Not sure about Graphics improvements tho.
    • Like x 2
  12. MsMamba New Player

Like I said before, I don't want DCUO in PS4... I want DCUO 2!!! Different storyline, better game play, better graphics and most of all more DLCs to buy!

No, wait.
  13. EconoKnight XIII Legion

The way I see it, they've already got two versions of this game that run two different ways - PS3 and PC. Given that PS4 is supposed to be designed to use a more developer friendly PC architecture, all they have to do is plug the PC version into PS4. That's the bulk of the work; the only remaining issue is transferring the PS3 user history and database; and I can't believe that kind of pure info dump would be a difficult thing.

I believe that the PS3 version of this game is going to slowly die, but you're going to see the PC version live on through PC and PS4. I also really expect we'll see a player base merge as people buy PS4 and transfer their PS3 character to the new PC / PS4 version (just like they've merged the PS3 and PC forums - kind of a signal of things to come?).
    • Like x 2
  14. Statman New Player

The last official word was that they had no comment to be made at this time.

We still don't know what DCUO specifically is going to do, it may be able to stream it, I dunno. I'm not fully aware of the capabilities of the PS4. All I know is that the devs have given no official statement yet in reguards to it, and they've only responded with 'no comment'.
    • Like x 4
  15. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

There's been no official word, just rumours. If you have a link that proves me different, please post it.
  16. Nekron 99 Loyal Player

SOE has said many times now that they can not comment at this time about the PS4. I'm sure after E3 comes and goes the embargo on discussing what games will or won't be on the PS4 will be lifted. We'll know at that point. E3 is June 11-13 this year. If there hasn't been word by the time SOE Live comes then we'll more than likely find out then.
    • Like x 2
  17. MsMamba New Player

True. Simply put, it's too early for them to talk about it now. They have protocols to follow as well.
  18. LisaLoeb New Player

If they want to sell a ps4 to me then it better make it over. Otherwise no thankyou.
  19. Breedin Bull New Player

Yeah, the last official word was I've seen was "No comment". Anything else is just inaccurate.
    • Like x 1
  20. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

With 6 months to go, any sort of information will hurt present sales.

1-It won't be on PS4, why start playing?
    2-It will be ported over, why start a character now, when I can wait and do it on a PS4?
    3-DCUO 2 will be on the PS4-Why should I play DCUO then? A newer, better version will be available in 6 months.

It makes more business sense for them to hold their cards close to their vest until the last possible moment.
    • Like x 1