Ideas for a PVP revamp?

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by CosmicIV, Apr 3, 2020.

1. comrade sonya Committed Player

I think they need to go back to the basics with pvp, which to me would mean taking out most thing that have been added, especially those with a pve focus in mind. Ideally we wouldn't have systems like weapon mastery, artifacts, tactical mods, supply drops, generator mods, league mods, sidekicks, and anything else I forgot. From there I would want the devs to look at bringing back the rock paper scissors elements, and lastly adjust powers/weapons as needed specifically for pvp based on where the dust settles.
  2. MojoDuul Active Player

1) Get rid of counter delays. every split second counts in a fight, when you have counter delays the game just feels slow and sloppy. Timing is everything and delays mess with your timing. it is like playing a FPS and instead of actually having to aim at and hit the other player to get a kill they make it so as long as the bullets land somewhere near the other player it still counts. no one would want to play that FPS. When I BB then Block the BB symbol is still above my head for a second and in that second I get countered in arenas by lunges even though I am blocking. delays were added to give players more time to respond to counters that was not a good idea. Do not change the combat system to accommodate bad players instead it is on the bad players to get better. If a player has bad aim in a FPS then they need to improve their aim, the game does not have to increase the hit box for them.

2) get rid of the option to focus on weapon attacks or just powers. weapon attacks should be key and most dmg in a fight should be done by counters like it use to be. this makes sure it is a skill based game not a spam based game. This is not warcraft. avoid trying to be a clone of other mmos, stand on your own. this use to be the only skill based pvp mmo out there but now it feels like a generic mmo where you just spam rotations to win and weapon attacks do not effect the outcome of the fight much.

3) The higher your hit counter is in a fight the more dmg your powers should do. this way the more skilled players who can out counter their opponents do extra dmg making counters more important. this is how it use to be.

4) weapon mastery attacks should not do more dmg than regular weapon attacks. they should just be extra combos for you to use in a fight.

5) powers like rage had combos that one could counter. this is very important seeing as the more skilled rage players never had trouble out countering and using their combos in pvp. rage is a power that should be counterable especially when in tank role seeing as they rage crash if you can counter their combos. I personally never had trouble using rage combos in arenas and could out counter people even while using rage combos.

6) speaking of tanks. tanks use to be able to get debuffed by healers but they took that away and now you can not debuff tanks at all. you have to craft pvp debuff grenades that you can not even use in arenas. imagine if trolls had to craft items in order to debuff people?

7) do i even have to mention rifle? we all know rifle is broken just fix it already.

8) PvP gear should always be stronger than Pve gear.

9) let new characters start off in pvp phase instead of forcing everyone to start in pve. there are new players who play this game that believe there is no pvp in the game at all and even make youtube videos saying there is no pvp in dcuo. If a low level is getting ganked in PvP then can always phase shift to Pve.

10) keep no Utility Belts, no League or Base buffs, no Orbitals, no Henchmen, no Sidekicks in pvp.

11) bring back the trinity rock, paper, scissor style back to pvp. healers beat tanks, tanks beat trolls, trolls beat healers

powers were more balanced in the past because most of the dmg was done by counters in a fight. so even if you were the worst power in the game you could still win if you were skilled enough. this way people can just focus on playing as their favorite power instead of having to pick whatever power is OP at that time just to win. When powers do more dmg than counters you just end up with one power dominating the rest.
    • Like x 1
  3. FixPvPTho New Player

1-7 is literally old school pvp… lol
    8…Tanks right now/roles right now are the problem. Healers/trolls/tanks all get some type of role buff making them more viable for pvp.
    9. This again goes back to old pvp..they raised the hit counter from 3 to 5. Why? I will never understand how or why that was even a good idea. So raising it to 5 makes rifle unblockable.
    10. Augs and artificers shouldn’t count in pvp. I think artifacts already don’t and augments do work in pvp instances for some reason..
    11. Yes just revamp the whole pvp instance.. please I love DCUO so
    12. Again old school pvp before revamp the only time a stun would be “long” is if you’re out of power which makes sense cause you’re out of power
    13. Ehhh kinda 50/50 on this one cause legends as it stands is the closest we got to old pvp. It actually teaches people on how the R/P/S system worked so I wouldn’t mind people playing legends.

Monetization
    1.this one is again pretty old pvp. Did I spend money on replays to get pvp gear? Yes .. I then got full pvp on 2 other toons. So I kinda went ham on the sales.
    2.I think they used to have one they streamed caled Friday night legends or soemthing like that was pretty fun
    3.I don’t mind the maps right now they’re all fine for me but new ones wouldn’t hurt

A new armor set would be cool but it’s not gonna make or break it. If they fixed pvp it would draw back so many players… and then they would get others to play.
    I hope for their sake they see how much money they could make on top of the cash grab they already got
  4. FixPvPTho New Player

1. This needs to happen cause I can’t explain the amount of times I’ve thrown a bb and the person just unblocks and it registers as if they’re stuck blocking or vice versa I’ll throw a bb and start hitting and the symbol will still be there and they get a free counter.
    2. Old pvp please was a great balance and you needed both to win
    3.I could see how this makes sense, but without reducing the block count to 3 this can be cheesed since the block counter is at 5 to get a counter
    4.WM shouldn’t be in pvp at all to begin with lol
    5.they need for every back to the old pvp system once again… outrage was blockable, revenge was blockable, E-Chain was blockable on the second part and it still is I think? Idk someone tell me I stopped playing lol, you could jump dance plasma wretch which was huge, HL combos were blockable or lunge able such as The hold on claw was blockable or Blocking 3 taps, the mini gun was lungeable.
    6.tank are pretty annoying due to the fact combos aren’t blockable so they can literally sit there and just use their forehead to use a rotation. DPSs used to be able to kill tanks if they were good enough but now it’s damn near impossible unless you’re fighting against someone who has no idea what they’re doing l.
    7.again they need to decrease the block count back down to 3
    8.you would think so but in max pvp hear we get clamped and then it’s pretty much no gear at all lol
    9.you used to be able to choose if you wanted to start pve or pvp phase which was cool.
    10.I remember when they tried to put white mods and orbitals in arenas it was not a fun time at all… hybrid sorcery was insane at that time..
    11.yes old pvp mechanics PLEASE
    It all boils down to simply using the old pvp stuff and applying it now would fix every pvp problem damn near…
    • Like x 1