Ideas for a PVP revamp?

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by CosmicIV, Apr 3, 2020.

1. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

I
    agree, they can either add new feats to arenas, or just add a new set of gear
  2. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

And how can one grind it if no one is ever in PVP? :confused:

By the admissions of PVP players in this thread, no one's ever in PVP because there's no more rewards left to be gained for longtime PVPers. Therefore, I find your argument highly illogical. o_O
  3. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

you can q a 1v1 right now and easily find a match.

It’s illogical to think that “ long time pvpers” are the only ones who q for pvp matches. it’s also illogical for you to allow someone else’s admissions steer you away from trying something yourself. You’ve suggested a drastic change to something you haven’t even recently participated in, and you’re calling my argument illogical?
  4. L T Devoted Player

You don't need to monetize PVP.

There are many players who really only care about PVP, and revamping it in a good way can bring them back to the game. Those players will buy styles and time capsules and support the game in other ways-- don't worry about getting money expressly from PvP.

Personally, I would take progression out of PVP completely. Fights should be fair, and purposely giving one player an advantage just doesn't work.
  5. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

Pvp is monetized by default, because you need those additional skill points to progress the strength of your character.

And fights are fair, everyone has the option to grind for gear in pvp, if you want a fight to be more balanced, work towards getting the highest gear, and you don’t have to run arenas for that, you can do legends
  6. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

I just want to have PvP updated cause I want new styles, 102 and up gear, new Legends, players to return and increase population etc. Not exactly because I really like PvP fighting (I prefer LVPE instead) but the option to do it now and again for fun. However I always I hate it when the hardcore PvPers want this "balance" fixes because they're afraid of losing and want to keep PvP free cause they don't want to pay for games. It's those ideas that make sure PvP updates won't happen so yes some sort of monetization of PvP should be in the works cause otherwise it never will be done.
  7. Batman2099earthcold Committed Player

the devs should reduce the price of the pvp gears 100 and 101 .it's frustrated farming up to buy the set
  8. Bantos2 Active Player

PVP needs a full revamp to be fixed, it can't be fixed by doing small changes at this point. If they decide to do a full revamp they should also bring back immunities, the counter windows are messed up after the blue immunity got removed. I think the counter windows were adjusted around the blue immunity and once it got removed things like double countering, shield not being able to lunge from long range and more stuff showed up.
    • Like x 3
  9. FutureSoldier Active Player

@Devs please take notes from these
    • Like x 1
  10. FutureSoldier Active Player

Also make lunge's damage higher because when people walk away powers' damage and lunge damage isn't high enough to get the player low (in 4s and 5s), so healer will just bring them back up slowly or wait for their soda to come from cooldown. Lunges damage definatelly need a buff.

Also there isn't any burst healing in arenas atm and it's impossible to heal 4s and 5s. Like Cosmic mentioned Vit and Restoration are capped in arenas. Devs please take notes.
  11. nihilismia Level 30

new PvP feats, open world in default PvP and a new PvP-based episode
  12. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

Do you remember how strong lunging was pre revamp, undoubtedly overpowered and constantly spammed, it was ridiculous
  13. Radstark Active Player

As a PvE player, a balanced and fun PvP would be enough to make me want to play it. Adding feats may not even be needed.

About progression, I'd organize PvP in leagues. Make higher CR gear only available in higher leagues. The more you win, the more points you earn, the higher the league you can get to, the stronger the gear you can buy. Rinse and repeat. It's an addictive system on its own and works wonders in all games that implement it because it introduces progression while preserving balance.
    • Like x 2
  14. Bantos2 Active Player

This is perfect
  15. FixPvPTho New Player

When pvp was playable I was spending more money on power/movement/body respecs and legends than I was anywhere near pve lmao the only thing I spent on pve was the membership
    • Like x 1
  16. FixPvPTho New Player

Old pvp before weapon mastery literally came down to skill. I was on PC at the time my ign was “Health” and I was swapping powers all the time. I had even went elec cause it was “the worst power for arenas” and was still canning people. So most of the people screaming “nerf” were people who were new to pvp and didn’t know how it worked. Most of the well knowns or people who pvped all the time really never complained about powers cause weapon combos and counters were a bigger part to it, and also your clip speed. I remember being able to que 4s and get a match damn near instantly was always fun…hell even sometimes 8s
    • Like x 2
  17. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

Facts!
  18. MojoDuul Active Player

For anyone who has not figured it out yet it is clear the devs have no love for pvp or pvp players. anyone who has been playing this game since 2011-2013 before daybreak took over know that the pvp was the main draw to the game. the only reason i started playing the game was for the SKILL based pvp. it was the pvp that got most of us hooked, I know there are pve only players out there but the fact is after daybreak introduced weapon mastery most pvp players stopped playing the game and the pve players started to drop off slowly after pvp phase died. PC and PS were separate then and both had high populations but because daybreak ruined the game they combined PC and PS together. the population of both had dropped to such a degree that even when they combined the two the population was still extremely low and pvp phase was pretty much dead. it is clear that pvp was the lifeblood of the game considering how much the population declined after they broke pvp. in ten years they have done nothing to fix this so it is clear they never will. we have told them over and over what they need to do to fix it but at this point I am convinced the current devs do not even understand how pvp use to work, so they could not fix it even if they wanted to. all the devs would have to do to bring players back to the game is put pvp back to what it was in 2013. unfortunately they added so much nonsense like artifacts that idk if it will ever be possible to bring back the golden age of dcuo, we are in the dark age now. every new change they make seems to be another BAD idea. they introduce advanced mechanics only to take it away later. the saying "if it is not broken then do not fix it" comes to mind. some people blame all the noob and unskilled players for ruining pvp because they complained and the devs may have changed how pvp works just to accommodate the least competent among us, idk if it is true but if that is the case then devs should not listen to anyone's complaints about pvp unless they are a higher pvp tier otherwise they really do not know what they are saying. after all we had ppl so bad at pvp that they would accuse people of hacking every time they lost, these are not people whos opinions matter on pvp, listen to the experts only. I hope that is not what happened. I personally think that daybreak was just ignorant of how pvp worked and so ruined it out of pure incompetence. now because there is a tiny tiny itty bity chance that the devs might actually listen (even though we all know they wont) i will attempt to explain how pvp is suppose to work.
    most important thing is counters. most damage in fights was done by counters so that way the more skilled player was the one who won the fight. in traditional mmos skill does not matter, all that matters is how high your level is and how well you spam your powers but dcuo was unique, it was not like any other mmo out there since it actually depended on skill if you won a fight or not. i do not like mmos because mmos usually have pretty bad pvp dcuo was the first and only mmo i ever enjoyed playing.
    the counter delays need to be removed from the game. devs introduced counter delays in order to give players more time to respond to counters which is a horrible idea since in a fight TIMING IS EVERYTHING. every split second matters. if players who are unskilled have trouble being able to counter other players the problem is with them not the game, do not change the game to compensate bad players. because of delays pvp feels sloppy. pvp is about trying to predict what the other player will do not respond to what you see. FIX THE COUNTERS!
    as you hit the other player with your weapon and out counter them your hit counter goes up and the higher it is the more dmg your powers will do, that is how it should be. the devs removed this and that was a mistake. reward good players for being good do not pander to bad players who are not even devoted to the game. dcuo literally had youtubers giving them free advertising but they ruined the game and now many of those youtubers don't even touch this game anymore.
    rifle is unblockable and there is no reason for this to be the case. put rifle back to the way it use to work like literally all you have to do to fix pvp is undo all the changes you made to it since 2013.
    rage combos should be interruptible it is key when you are fighting a rage player or fighting as one. it takes more skill and strategy to play as rage that way. you have to try to predict if he is going to complete his combo or try and counter you. it makes fighting as rage and fighting against it more of a challenge instead of having what we have now where they just spam and you can not stop them. this use to be a well polished pvp game now it is a sloppy mess.
    healers use to be able to debuff tanks. controllers have nothing to debuff tanks. it use to be healers>tanks>troll>healer. healers would debuff tanks, tanks would cleanse troll effects, and trolls would debuff healers. when they got rid of healers ability to debuff tanks, tanks became immortal unkillable machines for years! bring back rock paper scissors!
    daybreak was the worse thing to happen to dcuo. i could go on about more changes they need to fix but this is long enough. the main thing is the counters that need to be fixed. we all know the devs will not fix it because they are stubborn, it has been over 10 years, they hate pvp, the can not admit when they are wrong and they can not take constructive criticism well.

19. MojoDuul Active Player

The money the player base in pvp brings to dcuo does not actually come from pvp. if the pvp is good that player base will spend money on pve to get SP to get stronger.
  20. PHNTM Well-Known Player

SP barely even matters anymore. Broken powers, artifacts etc do.