I miss enjoying max cr

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by lukelucky, Nov 26, 2015.

1. Remander Steadfast Player

I love how folks are acting as though chasing gear in this game is something new, lol! Are we playing the same game? Gear has always been the main chase. The only difference now is that you can't spam replays and get max gear in month one of a three month span, then take a two month break. It's the same amount of gear, just distributed over the three months. It's pretty obvious that the idea is to keep you in game more regularly. Does the game have issues? Of course, but this isn't one of them.
    • Like x 6
  2. TestReporter Loyal Player

It is for me and for my old league 60members 55 quit the game after the monthly system,in the past u were able to do content without resetting and get full gear in time for the next episode,now if you don't replay unless its the alert you can't get full gear at time for the next episode,but its not what i hate in the monthly system,having just 2 content to run during 1 month is really bad,in halls of power 1 we had 3 raids to grant our gear and in amazon fury 2 we had 2 raids to get lower level gear(without the CR KING u were able to stay with lower level gear and be happy)and TOD(that was the most challenging elite raid) to get the best gear,i don't like the open world solos but i know a lot of people miss it, and having this monthly system makes me think we are not having new open world areas just the basic On duty missions.
    • Like x 1
  3. Remander Steadfast Player

Why would you only run two pieces of content? Sure, run the new shiny, but no reason to stop running the previous content. Along the same lines, why do you think you need to fully gear before the next month's content releases? These are self-imposed restrictions. In other words, it's not the game. It's your approach to the game. You don't need to gear up fully each month any more than you needed to do so in the first month of a three month DLC, like folks used to. Exercise a little self control.
    • Like x 1
  4. Derio 15000 Post Club

I dont get this thing of people taking breaks for 2 months. When AF2 came out people didnt take 2 month breaks after the first month. That may be the case for PC players but not for PS players.

USPS was still heavily populated after AF2 during the second and 3rd month. If devs are going off of HOP2 statistics then that is complete bull and let me tell you why:

1. GU47 turned about a good 1/3 of the population away with the changes made to it and at the same time it crippled many powersets. If you remember the whole instances situation where people didnt have 12 pieces of relevant content, and then no rewards for old content. And remember the relevancy windows were adjusted not once but 3 times. Many players left because of skill point changes too. GU47 did more damage to the population during HOP initial launch than you think.
    2. HOP2 was not good in any way simply because the type of content released was meh and very boring compared to what was released during the monthly cycle.
    3. HOP was released in May and on top of gu47 cutting population, 2 MMO's launched on USP4, whether it was new content or ESO launch which in fact was the #1 selling MMO on PS4 for 3 months in a row.

Those 3 things made it a ghost town after the first month. Simply going off 1 DLC population decline is not a solid enough proof when it was clearly other factors that hurt the population during that time.

I think now is even worse because even though you had that decline for the 3rd month, people still came back. Now it doesnt matter what month it is because people arent coming back. Plus now you have this dev situation that has gotten over 30k views in total on youtube which has given the game a bad rep.

I am with the OP. I miss having max CR and enjoying it for at least a month, but since devs dont have any other content that will help replay sales, you are stuck with this system.
    • Like x 4
  5. TestReporter Loyal Player

You took the words out of my mouth.
    • Like x 2
  6. TestReporter Loyal Player

You need it because u won't be invited if you have low cr,this is a community thing but that is the truth.
    Well everyone have their own opnion, i don't like it but you like it.
    • Like x 1
  7. Remander Steadfast Player

You said your league quit. So, it's your league that refused to run more than 2 pieces of content?
  8. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

9. Derio 15000 Post Club

Simply because the old content affects your loot luck timer. Why run old content when it greatly reduces your chances at good loot in the new content?

That is how the community as a whole sees it. So you have this situation where most people only want to play 2 pieces of content not because of its old, its because the chance to not be able to increase their CR is so great to many players that it simply is not worth it.

You are right though, you dont need to gear up fully each month. However most players see this as they need to gear up now so that they can not worry about getting bad loot drops while at the same time not have to worry about being critisized about CR
    • Like x 2
  10. BipolarDiva Loyal Player

The subs dropping like flies say different, not a problem for you is a problem for many .
    • Like x 1
  11. BipolarDiva Loyal Player

See here.
  12. Remander Steadfast Player

Then, let's remove the limiter. It's causing more harm than good.
    • Like x 1
  13. TestReporter Loyal Player

Not just the 2 pieces but everything came together,GU47,game full of 1234 loadouts,PvP broken, the monthly system just made everything worse for us, making people leave one by one and join another games, a lot of them were 2-3 years players, also some friends and other Elite players, quit because GU47 made Survival Mode really bad compared to the Fos one and the 2014 Trigon( u can see that even Pwny didnt ran the Oan SM to get the high rounds and they were the gold stars in the past SMs).
    My league started being lower active and we got in a day that we could not keep with it anymore, always 1-3 players online while others were and are in another games, that is just my point, some like the game,yes.But look and u can see a lot of old youtubers quiting the game or not playing like they did in past(orbit,kaiser007,smileb4death,balkan,etc).
    • Like x 1
  14. TestReporter Loyal Player

It needs improviment,now try to make a dev do that ^^.
  15. Remander Steadfast Player

So, you're talking about more than just the change to monthly content then.
  16. BipolarDiva Loyal Player

This will not do anything about player burnout. People want to progress their toons I.E. make them stronger, hiding gear behind PAYWALLS is forcing people to replay to do this, hence the disgusting feeling of not wanting to log in. With SP being nerfed ad nauseum and being told hey it's OK in 6 weeks you can craft an item what do you believe many will do?
  17. TestReporter Loyal Player

Yes, everything is connected, monthly content without GU47 would be awesome,always having a raid to do, farming feats , but here we get to the best gear in vendor that is not cool, for me amazon fury 2 and halls 1 had the best gear progression, in amazon you were able to buy 99 gear,drop 100 gear in easy raid and get the best gear in elite, halls 1 all raids had the best gear and LD had a omni item, with gu47+monthly system we can't have that,if they put elite gear with a level higher than the normal one,people will come to forum telling its unbalanced, because cr matters much more than stats.
    I gotta stop, getting out of the thread focus ^^.
  18. Remander Steadfast Player

Again, though, that's self-imposed. You don't have to replay. I hardly ever do. Do I have full elite gear? No, but so what? None of the content of difficult enough to require it.
    • Like x 1
  19. lukelucky Devoted Player

We need to remove something bud and it is luck determining progression. The llimiter the new RnD is all wasted time to fix a problem we should not have. You cant say the first two years were not better.

Ok I wanna address a few things u said throughout the post.
    1. People gear up take breaks and come back. Cool I agree but so what. Yhese are people who will do other things regardless (most likely). Again add SM to that formula and we never run out of things to do.

Also people came and went for lulls but now people is going to a point....... have u seen the populations? So this point is moot actually just bad.

2. My only desire is to max out my toons. Not toon and certainly not get close or almost. No. I feel completely justified saying this because I invested years and countless time and cash into this game which has allowed me to do so. Only way to do this is simply to run what? Elite which is now many instances? No matter how much I run everything else it does not matter not even a little bit because it does not get me closer to the best gear.

RnD laughable.......ok thats unfair its a great gap filler as they desined it to do. Works perfectly per design. The issue is we want the max cr and best rewards because we were able to put in X amount of work to get Y results. Y being the best

All the content per dlc was scaled to one cr making it all funner to run vs this months content getting easier in 5 weeks because our cr raises. By the 3rd mo th of a cycle the first is a faceroll if u know the very basics.

I btw am not speaking bad in anyway about the system besides the luck gear. End that. maybe do a codex type drop and gold items. Keep monthly and make gear last 6 months. 6 not 3. Every 3 months u can add a second set raising our cr 3 per 3 months giving us a 6 cr gain per 6 months and 12 cr gain per year. All content would again be relevant and fun because it is scaled to our cr as teirs one through 4 did. All content not just 2 would feel relevant because it would drive us torward the best results.

Mostly we could enjoy the best gear for a bit b4 the chase begins again and gold items would indeed be valueable if added
    • Like x 1
  20. TestReporter Loyal Player

Would be awesome having something in the 3rd and 4th week of the month, what makes me play more actually is SM, some kinda of event every month would be fun but i don't think this is actually possible.
    One thing that is bothering me is Nekron raid,it'll just drop the weapon box neck and trinket people are going to get full gear in the 1st day of the episode,at least it'll make DP alert and BD playable to get scraps,the lantern crap started in the low levels and now we are getting a trash ending.
    Having a break during the monthly system can be cool if they put something in there, i think about 2 survival modes together in the end of each 3 months cycle, or a event like that where we can use the gear we got in the 3 past months, but that will hurt the replay badges sell.
    • Like x 1