I miss enjoying max cr

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by lukelucky, Nov 26, 2015.

1. TestReporter Loyal Player

2. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Remember when the community didn't like the 3 month content cycle and max cr, and pushed for more content instead?
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  3. TestReporter Loyal Player

i've been always happy with the 3 month content cycle.
    i gotta stop saying crap about the monthly system or they can make it worse than it is actually.
  4. BipolarDiva Loyal Player

Again you are simply glossing over the fact that there is a mass exodus of longtime players going on due to gu47 and the following dev decisions. I get you are very satisfied with this Exodus since you don't want to address it.
    • Like x 2
  5. Remander Steadfast Player

I'm not dismissing the fact players are leaving. There are always players leaving. Are there more now than before? No idea. Maybe. How many new players are coming in? What's the net? I don't have the data. Neither does anyone else here. Even census information can be misleading. We only have our anecdotal observations.

I'm just questioning the rationale for folks leaving. GU 47 was months ago. The monthly content issue is mainly one of player approach. Unfortunately, it's hard to change such things. What some view as a positive change, others see as negative. That's the way it goes. Not saying one way is the right way. They're just different. Will the game survive? I have no idea. I'll continue to enjoy it, while it's here, though.
  6. TestReporter Loyal Player

The number of vet players leaving now are equal if not greater than exploiting dox times and WM introduce, i continue enjoying the game but it's not the same.
    • Like x 1
  7. Kal~el Committed Player

Replay badges. We did not need any stinking replay badges.

They are by far had the most effect on this game.
    • Like x 1
  8. BipolarDiva Loyal Player

Should be for feat unlocking Only.
    • Like x 1
  9. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

CR and Powerset (higher stats, more damage, at highest stats, whatever power you're using)

SP wasn't 'important' (beyond Crits) until WM happened. Which I know *everyone* hates to hear, but it's true. *Needing* 120 SP just to be viable is a very recent thing, and with the output possibilities of a strong AM you can still cover for missing critical damage output viability through Stats + Powerset, which bring us back to CR/Power > SP.
    • Like x 1
  10. BipolarDiva Loyal Player

SP needs to be important again.
  11. VariableFire Loyal Player

Except it's not really more content is it. It's about the same as if they used a three month cycle. If anything, it's a little less content. They only thing that there is more of is gear.
    • Like x 1
  12. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

It is if that's how you play? I dunno, it'll be a while until I know how 'viable' the playstyle I use is (since I've been gone for nine months) but it was very weapon-forward and thereby very contingent on the hypothesis 'I need every extra point of Precision I can get'. SP are a key part of that equation, so it's the song that doesn't end. As long as it's important to you, personally, I guess?

Besides, no matter how tweaked an AM set is, character building is still important on some level - it's not the difference between making something that was impossible, possible any more though, no. Before I left it was the difference between leading a Raid by a single attack cycle or literal millions of damage...
  13. Lionxoft Committed Player

Odd. I find that the latest updates to the reward system made it an even more desolate ghost town.
    • Like x 1
  14. WhiteW0lf Devoted Player

Dev situation?
  15. Remander Steadfast Player

Some current and former players trying to misrepresent Spytle and Mepps with edited, out-of-context youtube videos.
  16. WhiteW0lf Devoted Player

Ooh that. Yeah I saw it. Didn't consider it a situation though.
  17. Remander Steadfast Player

It's not. There are some folks with a beef against the Devs that are just running a smear campaign. It's pathetic.
    • Like x 1
  18. SSeid Committed Player

And yet you are. Ever bothered to take a look at EUPC population?

EUPC has been the "birthplace" of some of the most infuential players and the best ones in this game. From PvP's greatest players such as Clutch and Banished Anaconda, to whole PvE leagues such as old Odyssey and more recently PwnySlayStation and more.. Today that server is almost dead, with it's villain side having only 3 kind of active leagues.

All those incredible players have left... The villain side is not kind of a ghost town, it is a ghost town. If you log on EUPC villain you will not even see the lfg chat anymore.. maybe once every 5 min and you only get to see the same people posting.. you can actually have a private conversation on lfg chat!

It's not rumors mate.. you simply choose to turn a blind eye for whatever reason. When you call the raw numbers of census potentially misleading then it evident that you serve some other purpose.. not really mere player like the rest of us.

But just so it's clear.. The active population of a game of this type is determined by the amount of people that play it's end game ( those players are the reason to make new content ), lets see:

The search involves people that have played everything up to the last episode.. ( 17 ).
    So with cr 144+ there are 9275 toons across all servers, 7054 are heroes, 2221 are villains.

USPC: 1079 Heroes, 294 Villains
    USPS: 3744 Heroes, 1442 Villains
    EUPC: 821 Heroes, 61 Villains
    EUPS: 1410 Heroes, 424 Villains

Notice something odd.. there are more "active" villain toons on USPS than on the whole USPC server.

Just for fun.. there are 175254 toons with cr 102+, 89832 toons with cr 114+, 64238 toons with cr 126+, 34940 toons with cr 137+, 9275 toons with cr 144+ and at true endgame ( 145+ ) only 2738 across all 4 servers.
    If all those toons are active shouldn't the LFG be plagued by T5-T6 requests?? T5 alone has about 90000 toons more than the rest.. now maybe only 10% of those are using the LFG chat.. that is about 9000 toons making requests for T5.. tell me do you see a lot of them??

A game that 2 years ago had more than 175 thousand active toons in it's end-game CAN'T have 9275 toons in it's end-game today and still be branded as not dying. Something is wrong and you seem to like the situation otherwise you would not be dismissing it as rumors.. numbers don't lie mate. Btw census gives you toons.. I have 6.. 1 with 146 and 5 inactive with 125-134 .. so those 9000 toons with 144+ are not 9000 people/accounts.

The rational is simple.. people leave because there are better choises out there.. 2 years ago it started to happen to PC.. soon it will start to happen to PS too.. they won't be "trapped" for much longer.
    It's not even worth talking about in-game reasons to run away.. just take a look at the site... an internet product with a internet site not updated in 4 years. That is reason enough not to start playing.

Moronic decisions at every level.. they wasted months on WM only to discard it a few months later.. More than 14 months ago we were promised 6 legends characters.. we got 5 and 2 of them are a literal copy-paste, let alone that the models, animations, powers are already in-game.
    2 days ago on black friday for PS they excluded replays from the sale, remains to be seen if they do the same on PC ( hope not ) but is there anything more stup*d???

Mepps a few days ago said that Loche is making LPvE on his lunch breaks.. Now some will say " Oh, look at the dedication.. clap clap clap", of course most neglect the fact that a lunch break is 30 min to 1 hour.. which means that well.. the quality of work is non existant. Hundreds of bugs and oversights.. not saying that Loche is not good at his job but noone can do quality work without time.

Doing the same thing ( in declining quality ) and expecting better results is insane. As long as the direction does not change the problems will only escalate. But as long as you and the rest of "you" like pats on your backs by the people you pay.. things will not change.
    • Like x 4
  19. Roomba Dedicated Player

I edited your post so that all outdated info and conjecture were removed.
  20. Remander Steadfast Player

The populations have always reflected USPS>EUPS>USPC>EUPC and Hero>>>>Villain. No relevation there. You can interpret the data multiple ways, as you did, depending on your bench marks. I, for instance, only attained CR 143 on my main a week or 2 ago, as my play time has taken a hit recently. I also have 2 alts close to 140. I still play. As I said, though, I don't have all the data, and the census does not tell you everything. You could very well be correct. Even so, what is the actual reason? Is it the monthly content release? (I say content release, because it's actually still a 3 month cycle, though some folks can't seem to grasp that concept) Is it GU 47? That was months ago. Was it GU 36? That was even longer. Chances are it was all of them. Most games lose population over time, once they hit their peak. I've taken breaks myself. You get burned out on one game. Add to that burn out a change that you aren't happy with, and you might leave altogether. Let's face it. This game won't be around forever. Even WoW, the king of MMOs has taken a population hit. Trying to keep an older game fresh is close to impossible. They all suffer attrition over time. I'm interested to see how the remaining power balancing, future PvP changes, tie-ins to DC content, etc. go. Will it be enough? Will it be too little, too late? Don't know. All this doom-saying accomplishes nothing, though. The Devs are, no doubt, tracking player numbers, looking at opinions, and taking it all in. You really think they want the game to fail? Come on. Most people like being employed.
    • Like x 1