I miss enjoying max cr

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by lukelucky, Nov 26, 2015.

1. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

There are always other options. Everyone tends to forget that DCUO is an entertainment medium where players place real world money into the hands of DBG in hopes of getting their entertainment value. Depending on which membership plan you have currently you may or may not feel that your money is being well spent currently.

A player that is spending $15 a month here for membership and look at other possible entertainment options may decided to cancel for a short time and spend the money elsewhere.

This is typical with any form of entertainment medium. This includes Cable vs. DirectTV vs. DISH or Rental vs. Purchasing, etc... consumers hold the almighty dollar and we have options on how we spend our money.

There are other options that might not be entertainment related that requires our entertainment funds, such as car repair, house repair, college bill, medical bills, increase cost to heat a home, etc...

The monthly content is refreshing as I do see more activity the first 10 days, so a total of 30 days out of 3 months. Previously most of the good players I ran with who are now gone, use to play 2 weeks out of the old 3 month cycle. Some would come back the last 3-4 days out of the month to get some extra marks. Most would return the two week prior to the next content and start grinding for marks.

Right now those of us who want the gear are grinding all the time for marks for gear, base mods, or to make gear now. There is more of a reason to grind, but less players are doing so as it is now easier to get best gear in raids and with CR being king, players focus on best gear from content vs vendor gear.

I look at my Atomic toon and the vendor gear I bought due to mark cost was face, neck, rings, and utility belt and without buying any of the 118-124 gear or the 128 gear I'm 143 right now. That is how easy it is to get CR up.

To ensure we play longer, CR increases need to slow down a bit. Gear drops need to go back to the way it was with HoP I, WotL II, and AF I. Where you got an extra mark or gear. The way it is now, players can quickly gear up. When I state this, I'm talking more about random drops here from content and not letting us select.

My thoughts are this:

Solo, Duos, and Dailies should not give us the option to select our gear after beating a boss. It should be random between gear and a mark.
    Alert / Raid: We get to pick the gear

As I mentioned in another thread that we should be encouraged to run the 12 pieces of content 1x a week at minimum, but the way it is now, unless a group is hunting for feats or doing mark grind: Like I saw this weekend, players are not really running older content. This includes Bomb and UM.
  2. Remander Steadfast Player

Can't disagree about WM and AMs. I have never been a fan. If they hadn't been introduced, we would have already moved on to other things. Could have just balanced around the existing weapons and powersets.

It did surprise me that alerts, which were reported as the most popular, are underrepresented in the new approach. Also, as I've stated, I'm not opposed to more open world dailies.
    • Like x 1
  3. lukelucky Devoted Player

Lol the more they "fix" a issue that was perfect the more people left. The best gear in vendors thread was not removed and we were not banned and this gave hope maybe daybreak would do something. Then the "fix" and I am a former player. Tried to quit but UM brought me back almost immediately but then it got nerfed bad so with a easy alert set to drop or dropped ill be buying anything not daybreak.

They can win me back easy and gain a customer or 3 im H1Z1, and planet side. Sure my nephews and I would find enjoyment in one or both of those also but until dcuo is righted ill be attempting a break. Honestly this team built something so great its hard 2 stay away, lol. Just wish I felt rewarded for my time and money spent as I once did
    • Like x 1
  4. Mint Stiletto Loyal Player

I have praised you on many occasions for your use of logic and facts Remander buddy and like to read what you post.
    But all the numbers,charts and graphs no matter how accurate can't overcome player perception and emotion.
    People primarily make decisions based on the latter.
    They don't care about facts that prove one point or the other, they care how much fun they are having, they care how many of their friends are around still having fun.
    I know that there is more than two things to do in the game, but I also know what a pain in the *** it is trying to get anything other than those two things done are when I play.

I know a lot of folks get pretty tired of hearing that they just need to wait X more months and everything will be all better.
    People get pretty tired of paying for something and hearing promises about things being better eventually. Especially when that's the partyline constantly.
    Every few months we are told to wait because in a few more months we'll see how great all these grand plans will work out for the best. You can only roll with that punch so many times before punching back or running away.

Ever see the movie "Idiocracy"?
    Remember the part where the stupid guy keeps paying Rita everyday for "services" to come that are going to be the best ever?
    We are becoming that schmuck!
    [IMG]
    • Like x 3
  5. lukelucky Devoted Player

Its not icing its the core issue. Ill explain. Why didi gu 47 come to be?

Stats grew to a point things were not working correctly. Hummmm rewind to the OC? Stats almost doubled simply so we had to replay alerts to get into raids and stand a chance and then we had to replay for the best gear of nexus and then replay agian in dox. Then again t6 had huge gains which birthed gu47.

U can give any reasoning u want to why stats grew but for me its simple as its clear how much has been done to sell replays.

Gu47 and huge stat gains rendered skill points and even mods useless I mean what is an extra hundred or 2 of anything when we have thousands?

Running all the content gets u litterally 3rd rate not even 2nd rate rewards now so I know I dont se a point.

All of this is the child of best gear as replay bait. Its sad man because the one person whomever it maybe responsible for this will probably end up safe while all the developers who built imo the very best game ever may end up out in the cold if this game fails. Just looking at the deterioration of the game since this started should inspire change. I dont enjoy any game for more then a month or 2 and after 4years I could log I to dcuo and still play 10 hours if we had any content not replay driven and face rollable
    • Like x 1
  6. SSeid Committed Player

The company has been milking this game for years.. I don't know if they have another project which they focus on but as long as we as players let them milk it they will :/

It's the same man hours, for less content.. I would not mind it if what we receive had better quality. We used to get a lot more with the 3 month content. I don't mean content as instances only..

Look I can't pretend to know how they manage their systems ( or don't manage, it's up to you ). Artwork takes time only when you create new versions of things.. Everything we get at the moment is previous content.. very little of the artwork is actually new. As far as story is concerned they do it under advicement from DC and this is probably the only reason storylines don't suffer from neglect.. because other people are invloved.

That is what I'm sad about.. the only aspect of the game that is actually perfect is the one for which they have a cruel and unforgiving babysitter.
  7. Remander Steadfast Player

I can definitely appreciate the frustration, and I don't want you to take what I'm saying as a resignation to everything being ok. I freely admit there are problems. Would it be great if everything was fixed tomorrow? Hell, yeah! Not going to happen, though. Like it or not, this is the path the Devs have set. Is it perfect? Of course not. I think we need to let the dust settle on all this freaking change, though. Let's get the DPS balance completed. That will include weapon balancing, and it should lead nicely into the much overdue fixing of PvP. Let's give the monthly content release, with the addition of gear crafting, a few cycles, while that's underway. Remember, they have already made adjustments to how the content and gear are distributed, so we haven't even had a single full cycle of that play out yet. I know that requires waiting, which none of us want, but the alternative is to just say "screw it" and move on. That's reasonable, I guess, but I still like this game enough, as a whole, that it's worth it for me to weather the storm, so to speak.

BTW, one of the funniest (and scariest) movies of all time! Scary, because it's actually happening.
    • Like x 1
  8. Remander Steadfast Player

Stat inflation with T5 did start us down a dark path, for sure. Not sure what the reasoning was either. I often think of what the game would be like had we simply continued on the trajectory of T1-T4. Folks wouldn't have gotten addicted to facerolling older content. Recall that back at T4 it still took a bit of skill to solo Ace Chem or 4-man Khan. We wouldn't have needed relative CR scaling at all, and stats were already flat. But, the past is the past. No going back, as evidenced by the backlash toward the initial GU 47 incarnation. "I can't solo PBG anymore! Waaaaaah!" See, they did try to return to the old trajectory.
  9. Remander Steadfast Player

10. lukelucky Devoted Player

U know bud much like gu36 sometimes u need backlash because u did whats best for the game. B4 gu36 which was indeed a fun fun time only X% had the cordination and speed to be a top dps and the gap was considerable.

When a game can hold u for hours because there is so much runable content vs now when last month or for sure month one of a 3 month cycle is face rolled u simply need to make the change.

3 changes would save, restore and maybe take us to new heights.

Next gen relaunch to coraspond with an xbox launch.
    Restore progression as we had in t1 to t4 as u stated and restore difficulty we originally had. (Maybe give it a bump)
    END LUCK BASED PROGRESSION or go to hands of fate.

The 2nd change also includes teir durations back to original formulas so as the title says we get to enjoy max cr.

So what if we make some % of our smallest population ever. Big deal. We appeal easily to that number of former players, we appeal to players on xbox boosting our numbers higher then ever b4.

As next gen only...... t4 operations type of content and bounties 20 people are scared of. With all this content and slower leveling imagine what these guys can come up with. If we cap out on content b4 say an expansion is done so what do SM or take a break. Build alts.

U could sell alts power ups. (?) Not sure what u call someone getting to pay for a toon leveled X far if ur main is end game but that.

Even those who took a break would be lured right back with an expansion of open world next gen content. Imagine walking around say krypton, oa, a real sized central city. I am so dc stupid I might be over looking a huge draw area but it would be epic and the influx would hopefully give them enough to hire a few devs.

Skill points would matter as cr would no longer be king
    PVP the original version with roles I mean wow
    Nothing to do....... lol yea ud be able to play for 5 years easy

Hey making replays the way to profits an option to but um we dont seem to be doing to good there. U do what u can with what u got. Pvp has been an issue how long? What fix and by when will or could restore pvp to where it was? One mistake one wrong calculation and all this times wasted and still no pvp. Nah restart do what worked

Skill points same deal how do we make em matter? When? Restart and done

Rem bud I fully respect and appreciate all the info u put out and all the help u try to do. Cant say thatt enough. My thing is if speedy progression lead to gu47 and it clearly did what mess is 3 cr or 36 per year driving us to now? Restart ends this nightmare.

Not one person can tell me especially now that we can use relevant current content in dc and our licensing agreement atop of the casual mmo style years one and 2 this game cant ne epic.. a cash cow far beyond its best day. Simply the combat puts us there.
  11. SSeid Committed Player

Out of 8 pieces we got 2 new.. I'm in no way saying we should not get reused content.. we should, the storylines need to be completed. But it has to be made with quality.. so far it's copypaste with little to no new ornaments. That is not good.

I don't understand how is it possible for you to dismiss those 2 pieces of content we miss with such ease.. You can't be doing that unless you are invloved with the development and you are trying to make excuses. The fact is we lost content.. it should be unacceptable and yet you make excuses.

We are after all paying the same or more.. we shouldn't be getting less. Be honest the things you wrote about marks is BS and you know it. That is the whole point having more to do!!

You misundestood, I did not mean that DC serves them with storylines.. I meant that they can't do anything without aproval.. which in turn means that someone reviews it and simply discards it if it is not perfect.. Hence the part that is managed by a proper set of professionals is perfect while the rest is well... lets just say sub-par ( to be polite ).
  12. Remander Steadfast Player

Heh, I definitely don't work for DBG. They couldn't afford me, lol! I was actually never a big fan of dailies or bounties. I still haven't finished some of my bounty feats. The dailies and bounties both bored me. I don't miss them. Different strokes, though. I agree that folks are paying more for less. That actually started with unbundling of the content. Of course, that only increased the value of a sub, which is fine by me. I've been a constant subscriber for over 3.5 years.
    • Like x 1
  13. SSeid Committed Player

I don't miss them either.. but just because they are not being missed by me ( us.. ) doesn't mean they should be removed at least they should be replaced by something else.. anything else! The general unbundling yeah.. but this decreased it.

By the look of it they can't afford a pet goldfish! But if they can't afford you, maybe you ( everyone that does it ) should refrain from making excuses for them.. being a drama queen leads to nowhere.. but so does not providing criticism.
  14. Remander Steadfast Player

Hey, that's not fair. I've provided criticism. I've also tried to look at things objectively. Just because we don't agree doesn't make either of our opinions less valid.
  15. SSeid Committed Player

True enough. I have always been the bad guy at work.. I literally say to people that a day has 24 hours use them.. old habits die hard :D
  16. Remander Steadfast Player

I do have to say that I think this is the most civil, constructive interaction we've had on this forum. ;)
    • Like x 1
  17. SSeid Committed Player

Yeah.. it has been good. Weird :p
    • Like x 1
  18. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

I edited yours to remove the unnecessary sarcasm.
  19. Roomba Dedicated Player

Atta boy. Fighting fire with fire... you found a way to contribute even less to this thread than your original post did.
  20. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

[IMG]