I love DCUO so can you remove the stat clamp already?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by llllDeathstroke, Aug 21, 2022.

1. The Con Dedicated Player

The concept of them monetizing progress isn't really that weird or farfetched.

Not that I demand that it's true...

But, is it really that hard to see as a possibility??
    • Like x 3
  2. The Con Dedicated Player

Is it possible that you could ever comprehend a concept at least once? Just once??

If there were discussions, even trials, of a clamp,.... ANY CLAMP..... YEEARS ago..... then any discussion of artifacts AFTER that could come into play as a part of a discussion of a clamp.

You really are just something that could get me banned.
    • Like x 2
  3. Proxystar #Perception

I'm not going to pay to play a video game!, YOU CAN'T MAKE ME PAY TO PLAY A VIDEO GAME.

WATCH ME, PLAY THIS VIDEO GAME FOR FREE.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

WHY DON'T I HAVE THE SAME THINGS AS SOMEONE WHO PAYS
    WHY AREN'T I AS STRONG AS SOMEONE WHO PAYS
    WHY DON'T I HAVE ALL THE TOYS AS SOMEONE WHO PAYS
    WHY IS IT HARDER FOR ME TO PLAY WHEN I DON'T PAY
    YOU NEED TO MAKE IT EASIER FOR ME TO PLAY YOUR GAME WITHOUT PAYING.

[IMG]

DEVS YOU WILL MAKE THIS GAME ACCOMMODATE MY DESIRE TO NOT PAY A CENT OR JUST YOU WAIT, I WILL NOT PAY ANOTHER CENT

Meanwhile at Dimensional Ink
    [IMG]
  4. Red Wáve Well-Known Player

Hide the old system. Nothing fancy, maybe just as Custom Play, with the added option to toggle Scale/Unscale.

Add cr-relevant content to the "old new" Quick Play menu that is the first to pop up when you click On Duty.

Like we have EG sorted by Episode, add another tab called Tiered Content.

Actually, scrap that cr-relevent I wrote, unlock more to Tiered Content as you progress to the next Tier. Maybe that would also help players being told to check in with Harbinger, being quite confused what they're supposed to run and in which order since, y'know upon reaching Tier 2 it starts to get a bit tricky. Your Journal suddenly tells you to do AF1&2 at the same time. WoL 1&2 at the same time. Gets worse by Tier 4. No Journal Missions for monthly Content, but :AF3, AoJ, RwC and E3 at the same time in your Journal. GOd forbids a new player goes to the OW, picks up every Missions, sees "kill 404 thingies" and says "eeeeh, wonder what next zone has.." then have every daily and weekly Mission. Journal looks like a clusterf**ck, in case you didn't know.

At T5 you get Titans-BoP. My favorite part about Episode 41 tho: you reach 210. You've reached t5. Yay. You can then spam BoP solo 5-10 times and pick the "old" gear boxes. Opens at min IL 245 to replace the 180ish that got you cr210. A full set gets you to cr280, you've reached t6. Yay. Time to go get my 12,5k Toon Bound Nth PT and 31st. You're already in the House of Crashes, since you have to talk to Harbinger to get the Episode's Intro Missions. So you take the Orrey to PT. TF?? What am I doing in WT/HoD?? Oh well, nice to drop me by the port. *Access Error: You will be able to return when you have reached Combat Rating 299*

A tangent, I know. I've been meaning to make a thread about my experience going from level 1 to cr 376 for a while. Always end up deciding I just cba putting more effort into providing feedback, than the developers did addressing my concerns regarding Episode 41.

First and most likely last time I will reply to a thread regarding that. My predictions regarding what it would do to my playing and spending habits came thorugh. TL;DR I run less stuff overall, I take longer and more frequent breaks than I ever did before. At least I also spend a fraction of what I used to, so at least I'm saving a bit of money, if nothing else.
    • Like x 3
  5. The Con Dedicated Player

Is this a response to a point that anyone else has questioned?

Or are you just arguing against your own argument that they've monetized progress??

Gotta admit...
    This is a weird one.
    • Like x 2
  6. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Yeah, and usually I'm the one thats notoriously good for that XD

Keeping my thoughts on that to myself this time around, however :p
    • Like x 2
  7. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

From which side?;)
  8. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Funny that you ignore the other parts. You know. The part where you make a claim they had discussions long before the clamp was introduced but somehow didn’t need that timeline for arts.
    • Like x 1
  9. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

I dunno... Just gonna spit out some random nonsense ideas that just popped in my head lmao

Clamp only activates if a player in the instance is being up-clamped and/or doesn't have the headline?
    Or like, if they aren't EG CR. Idk. Hurt my brain thinking about the can of worms this could open XD
    • Like x 2
  10. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Perhaps loosen it a bit based on tier, as I've suggested previously. Dunno. I'm sure the devs will think of something eventually.
    • Like x 1
  11. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Nah, that's why I completely understand what you are getting at. If they do, they also do a damn good job at masking it. But who would expect anything less, anyway? The world may never know.
    • Like x 1
  12. Proxystar #Perception

Not a response to anything in particular just a graphic illustration of the mentality of someone (possibly like you, given you chose to respond) who refuses to pay and expects the same end result as someone who does.
  13. The Con Dedicated Player

Funny that you ignore the part... again... that there was plenty of overlap in the timelines.

But... tools don't sharpen themselves.

I'll just add your post to the pile:

DIETY IGNORES A POINT TO TRY TO DIVERT ATTENTION WAY FROM THE FACT THAT HE'S WRONG - POST #879
    • Like x 2
  14. The Con Dedicated Player

Not that I do that...

Sooooo..... We're admitting that people who pay get different results than people who do?o_O
    • Like x 2
  15. Proxystar #Perception

If only you knew the evil master plan

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  16. Proxystar #Perception

[IMG]

Of course people that pay get different results, no ones ever disputed that and there's nothing wrong with that.

If you pay to subscribe you get extra Nth Metal Drops and Extra Destiny Tokens, guess what all of that does?

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  17. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah, probably too many variables that someone would work around to find a way to get full loot with no clamp. Like inviting a low toon, then swapping them with a high toon or whatever.

Assuming there was ever going to be an option, I'd assume it would HAVE to be a separate instance. Those instances would be accessible via a separate menu and not populated by omni or blind queuing with people looking to run 'clamped' content. Otherwise we are right back in the 'the high level players are ruining my run'. The only issue would be that if 8 people were still required to get into these runs, the lack of blind queuing would make filling a group harder....hence why AQS would almost be required to make it work. Granted, you can always use fillers, but according to all we've been told...this was extremely difficult pre clamp, so I'd guess no easier if an option required 8 as well. (I didn't see it...but hey...I'm special).

Again...not saying I think this would happen....just how I believe it would need to happen to work without throwing us right back where we started.

BTW....if things were set up this way, the only unintended impact to the general populace would be the fact that you'd have less feat hunters willing to run a feat in clamped content. As I see it, this is NOT an issue except for a niche of players that are hardliners on demanding the most challenge for their feats. You know, those people who are currently running a clamped/endgame feat run and NOT asking for high level players, with good artis, augs, proper builds and probably experience. You know....THOSE people.....cause they really exist and all.
    • Like x 4
  18. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

And how do you address the population issue that would happen as a result?
    • Like x 1
  19. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

I have no point. I agreed that your statement was true for EG & EGG with elaboration on no matter how powerful one's stats are on gear it will only be the max for that EEG tier +15CR and no more, ever. But, I received the above response. So I can only determine you derive a certain level of enjoyment from being mean to me even when I am making an effort to be agreeable with you.
    • Like x 2
  20. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

That would be one hell of a coding nightmare the could potentially cause more issues and bugs. What happens when someone leave and someone joins who would change the clamp scenario?
    • Like x 1