I love DCUO so can you remove the stat clamp already?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by llllDeathstroke, Aug 21, 2022.

1. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Someone....edit that gif of Thanos with the 'I used the stones to destory the stones' and fix it to be.
    "I used the SP to get the SP".

This one....
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  2. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

100 points for creativity +10 on difficulty + 10 on execution!
    • Like x 3
  3. Plowed In Loyal Player

I hear ya, but you don’t have to tiptoe around this idea that they’re a business that wants to make money. It’s not some conspiracy or underhanded attempt to steal from you. Could you imagine all the possibly variations of stuff that we “could” have had? Imagine dropping your catalysts in without a failure %, it completing, but OH WAIT you have to wait for 24 hours while it is assembled…unless you pay to speed it up and finish immediately. Other free to play games do that, and in my opinion those systems feel terrible.

It’s 2022 and free to play games have been out for years now. Everyone should be accountable for their own expectations. There’s plenty of leagues of all types out there (casual/hardcore/etc).

What really matters is: “What do you tell a new person?” or “How do you treat a new person?”

Do you kick people from random runs who are participating/trying? Or do you kick people because you have someone better you can replace them with? We were all new once, it’s good to remember that.
    • Like x 2
  4. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I definitely get the whole power creep thing. But that is a different argument than what he tried to make. He claimed that arts and other things used to encourage spending were added years in advance in order to eventually clamp us. That is ridiculous.

But yes they did have a part to play into why the clamp was eventually needed. So is the amount of stats that are out on higher gear. In fact gear gives more stats than any other source. It’s part of the issues that are associated with vertical progression. New gear has to have enough stats to make them worth going after but this set up also makes things like clamps necessary too.

I actually wouldn’t be surprised if they eventually released yet another feature in addition to arts and allies. The more meta arts are meta because of how good they are. New arts Are now filling more niche situations since making anything stronger would mean even more power creep. Allies will probably also reach a similar state. So to encourage spending they may just add another feature.
    • Like x 1
  5. Alpha Maximum Well-Known Player

Thank you, I aim to please.

• Like x 1
  6. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah....You are probably....unfortunately...correct. I also think any more of that kind of stuff will further 'break' things.

I also doubt it was some long term evil plan, but I could see that when it was becoming evident that the creep was making things 'broken' (I'll use your guys term for sake of argument), I could 100% see that the idea was formed to amp up the breakage, knowing it would force them into some sort of clamp situation to course correct.
    • Like x 1
  7. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

This statement on gear stats is true an only applies to EG. All gear stats for End Game Players are Stat Clamped to whatever upper limit for the EEG tier +15 CR. There is no more. If I could bring my 600 level CR gear from FF14 all it would be is tier level of EEG +15CR. It will never be any higher. Your gear is clamped. No Stats for you!
    • Like x 1
  8. The Con Dedicated Player

So... Not that this was ever a hill I was willing to die on.... but, I'll entertain this tangent a tad longer

Let me ask you a question, genius... WHEN do you think they started to come up with the idea to clamp us?

It came out over a year ago.... How long to create the code before that? How long of creative conception did they entertain?

Here's a snip from Gamefaqs:

Now when did artifacts come out??

I won't wait for your ******* to answer:
    Now... Let me as you another question:

HOW MANY YEARS AGO WAS 2017?... MORE THAN 7 OR LESS THAN 7??

:rolleyes:

Was this constructive enough for you??o_O
    • Like x 3
  9. Proxystar #Perception

Me returning to this thread today to find the anti clampers sitting on the couch in full conspiracy mode.

[IMG]
    • Like x 5
  10. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

To be honest, I actually think the clamp was bound to happen even if arts were never introduced. They just sped up the process. I do like that they do make more play styles viable thou. So there’s that lol
    • Like x 1
  11. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Point being? If you could give a solution to allow you to keep all your stuff without trivializing new players experience or causing bugs I’m sure the devs would be more than willing to listen.
    • Like x 2
  12. Plowed In Loyal Player

It’s like the concept of “free to play” just rattled down their brain stems.

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  13. The Con Dedicated Player

Yeah..

I think the emphasis on this has been exaggerated for the sake of this argument.

If anyone us really saw this as some evil scheme... We probably wouldn't be still playing the game.
    • Like x 3
  14. Red Wáve Well-Known Player

Keep the old system, with Loot Locks, outdated rewards, Feats for ppl who don't mind waiting a few years. Add Clamp as an *option*.
    • Like x 2
  15. Alpha Maximum Well-Known Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  16. Dene Devoted Player

When it comes to earlier stuff, It is practically like that now - hence my confusion at the vehement opposition
    • Like x 3
  17. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

No doubt. Can't play the game with a straitjacket on...:)
    • Like x 2
  18. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Oooo you mean the other proposed “clamp” that was scrapped because of negative feedback. You people like making claims about that all the time saying things like “the old clamp they did made players quit” even thou it never hit live.

But let’s run with your conspiracy.

You make claims that arts were made because of the clamp even thou the arts came out years earlier. And your defense is that it took time to think about the clamp code it and then add it to the servers. But arts didn’t take any time at all to do all of that even thou they were released first.. lol

So you genius idea is that they created the clamp. Then created the arts. They then waited on showing the clamp in order to implement the arts first so that years later they can introduce the clamp?
    • Like x 1
  19. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Again. How do you keep all of that without trivializing new players experience and without the bugs?
    • Like x 1
  20. Alpha Maximum Well-Known Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 3