I love DCUO so can you remove the stat clamp already?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by llllDeathstroke, Aug 21, 2022.

1. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Another constructive comment. Boardering on trolling at this point. Js
    • Like x 1
  2. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Nooooo!! Omg idk how long you’ve been playing. But back in the day dcuo had the same system lol. It actually had a mixed system between now and that lol. Basically we still had loot locks but the better gear was dropped rng gear. And we also had to need for those gear. So groups would look for players who didn’t need what they needed. But from time to time you’d get players should who need everything and “steal” items. Then someone in the group who said they needed that item would shout in lfg that x player was a loot stealer lol
    • Like x 1
  3. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Even in games you have obstacles to overcome and give players a sense of accomplishment. Can’t think a game at all that doesn’t. But hey you like participation trophies. Good for you
    • Like x 1
  4. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

That’s the thing thou. The game actually gives players a lot of options to play what they like. Solo players can stayed gear just like players who like group content. There’s elite reg and event for EG. The EEG content has difficulty somewhere in between event and reg while the elite in EEG is somewhere between reg and elite.

Those who like feeling powerful also have areas that aren’t clamped.
    Those who like a challenge have elite plus
    Those who who just want to cosplay and look good have one of the best customizations amongst many MMOs.
    Those who love testing and figuring out powers have built in systems to do so.
    • Like x 1
  5. Proxystar #Perception

His favorite day was when he logged in to find it auto rewarding all the old Valentines Day feats :D
    • Like x 1
  6. Capt. Retro Well-Known Player

Your opinion should be noted as well. Welcome to the concept of feedback. What you are describing is social discourse on the internet in general.

You started by saying that people who are unhappy with the game changes should just stop playing the game. I just want to point out that you have that same option in regards to reading public forum threads if they bother you so much.
    • Like x 4
  7. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

I was just being technical. A bandaid is a bandaid, regardless if it's a good solid one. Eventually it will have to be ripped off. Being a realist, my negative side would say it doesn't matter because the game will shut down before we see it. My positive side says the game will endure long enough to see issues arise again. Who knows? It is what it is. General statement.
    • Like x 1
  8. Capt. Retro Well-Known Player

I fully agree that there are many things to ultimately do in the game. Especially for a newer players.

However I was responding to someone who's response towards unhappy customers is "go play another game"

That's a common sentiment shared by players accross different games who disagree with others, but it would not be a profitable stance from a company point of view.
    • Like x 2
  9. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

I told ya, 2018 when Starro was event :p
    Missed a lot of that, but that's also why I "retired" to this simplistic game.
    • Like x 1
  10. The Con Dedicated Player

I'm pretty sure that's exactly what I'm saying, ya non-comprehending...

If you don't want to be known as a pompous elitist jerk-wad... Then, you really need to stop talking like one.

:confused: - "Why look at the little worms gaining stats by earning marks to buy better gear. Mere child's play! Gather round, children, for your participation trophies! How droll!! Hurumph! Hurumph, I say!"
    • Like x 4
  11. Grim931 Committed Player

That was the worst... you were S.O.L. most of the time in pugs because of this. Luckily the group leader was able to set up some control over the loot table...

I was lucky enough to get in a league early on when Khandaq was still very fresh. Our League Leader would dish out gear drops based on the entire groups needs. Lost contact with them over the first server change, they were in Australia and the servers were disconnected or something.

Also had to glitch the final boss door open in that raid to get by sometimes. Everyone had to line up perfectly on that line in the entrance... good times.
    • Like x 3
  12. The Con Dedicated Player

Forget you.

I remember those crazy Cupid jumps....

Btw, Deity....

Where's your high-n-mighty "This isn't constructive" line with this pile-on of meaningless bull??
    • Like x 3
  13. Proxystar #Perception

Technical, but on all practical levels entirely redundant and therefore irrelevant.

This is what makes it not a bandaid, but in fact a fix.

If in fact every DLC we only gain an improvement of 1% and theres 3 DLCs a year perhaps only 2, then in any given year we'll improve 3%

This means in a decade we will only have improved 30%

So even after 10 years we won't be getting anywhere near the level we were at that previously broke the game.

It's hard to therefore justify any assertion this is a bandaid fix it's in every practical respect the opposite.
    • Like x 1
  14. The Con Dedicated Player

"Okay... everybody... toes on the line.... On the count of 3.... 1.... 2..... DAMMIT!! SOMEBODY STEPPED TOO SOON!!"
    • Like x 4
  15. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Ahhh that’s right. In general I think this is one of the better MMOs. Sure there are things I don’t like about it. But when you look at other MMOs this does tend to be more generally on the more straight forward and easier side.
    • Like x 2
  16. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

And more insults when you have even less constructive things to say
    • Like x 1
  17. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Ooo back when powers of the same type had their dots override lol.
    • Like x 1
  18. The Con Dedicated Player

Which was more substantial than this post of yours....;)

But, hey... Who's counting?

Oh, I guess you are... trying to... anyways. :oops:

EDIT:
    Pointing out that someone sounds like a pompous elitist.... would be "constructive" to anyone who wasn't so full of themselves.
    Sometimes, ya just need to take the hint.
    • Like x 2
  19. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

You can't say, with certainty, that it's a "fix", if it will eventually fall apart. Come on now.
    • Like x 4
  20. GermanM Committed Player

Great, another thread about stat clamp...
    • Like x 3