I love DCUO so can you remove the stat clamp already?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by llllDeathstroke, Aug 21, 2022.

1. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Exactly which system was create to sell back out stats?
  2. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

Open world bosses are NOT designed to be solo'd. They are designed to be a group or team effort.
    • Like x 3
  3. The Con Dedicated Player

Do I really have to explain to you how business plans and time works?
    • Like x 1
  4. Plowed In Loyal Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  5. GermanM Committed Player

Stat clamp is a mechanism to maintain old content relevant (if it was good or bad that´s up to you and how you see the game) also limit the feat´s farm time from player´s because SP are one of the only of the few thing´s that we mantain in time and a valuable resource like that need to be earn with effort, not one shooting everything.

A lot of thing´s have been said about it, but one of the thing´s they try to avoid was people doing alert´s, world bosses and raid´s solo or in a easy way (because those were desing to do in team´s)

The problem with this game is the power creep, because besides SP the only reward we get episode after episode is a boost in our stat´s and that degrades old content very fast.

The clamp (so far i can understand) is trying to make this game less vertical and more horizontal, but that in a vertical reward system dont work very much, so they need improve reward´s system and stop raising power episode after episode, but i dont see that happening so...
    • Like x 1
  6. The Con Dedicated Player

That doesn't mean that it's "about" one-shotting....

Seriously... If you don't think that your character should ever be able to one-shot the 1cr npc that are designed for training 1 cr characters... Then why even play the game?

That's not really one of my arguments.

There is a difference between merely being stronger (having allotted strength) and PROGRESSING and then having that progression taken back.

That is just the lamest argument. It's just lazy.,

That is yet another false evaluation motive.

Saying that something is wrong and needs to be removed isn't merely "crying".

JUST AS AN EXERCISE:
    Change the word "stat clamp" to "slavery".

One complaining that slavery is wrong and needs to be removed isn't merely "crying" because they don't have a plan to deal with an influx of newly-freed citizens.

Sure, a better way is out there... but, that's not really pertinent to the outcry

And for the record:

There have been several options already discussed in this thread.
    • Like x 3
  7. FlexVibrant Well-Known Player

I rather give effort in old content just for the sake of DC lore.
    Why should I be able to one shot Black Adam at Kahndaq? Or bulldroze through Bane?
    It keeps the intregrity in content.

If we had squishy bosses, whats the point of even putting top tier villains/heroes as bosses? Just replace them with the Puddy Patrol from Power Rangers. Then removing stat clamping would make sense.

These bosses still have fairly low healthy and if you have a good dps it doesnt take much time to finish a raid.

How can we remove stat clamp? Running raids would take 1-3 mins and the SM farm would be too easy. World bosses would take 5 seconds to kill and Source Mark bounty farm t3-t6 would be reduced in significant time.

Thats too easy. One rotation and a boss is dead? EZ pass
    • Like x 1
  8. The Con Dedicated Player

Okay...

Setting up a replacement before the removal of the original doesn't negate the fact the replacement was designed to be a replacement.

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  9. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

I think that if it was the brilliant - or even partially accurate - explanation that you claim it is, you'd be explaining it right now instead of posting more GIFs and whatever that response was.

I think you don't even really believe that explanation yourself, because by your own admission you've still paid in.

I also think that this?
    is the #1 answer on our survey board regarding that operation.

Caps and Arts have been around for a minute now. Time Caps, I think we all just tolerate these days because there's no turning back on that decision now. But the most egregious pay to win offender - Artifacts - was actually made noticeably and substantially less pay to win as a part of rewards structuring, which was rolled out hand-in-hand with the Clamp and the House of Legends / Omnibus change.

Could they have done that separately? Sure.

Did they? No.

Is it perfect now? Maybe not.

Is it better than it was? Definitely.

Anyway - coffee time.
    • Like x 1
  10. Dene Devoted Player

in my mind I just calll it the revenge of the GIfs - that is all it feels like to me now lol
    • Like x 2
  11. The Con Dedicated Player

I didn't explain it because it should be obvious... painfully obvious.

Do you really need someone to explain to you why a drug-dealer gives away the first one for free?

(Notice how I'm not explaining to you the practice... because I believe it's too obvious)

Is this sentence:
    Setting up a replacement before the removal of the original doesn't negate the fact the replacement was designed to be a replacement.
    really that difficult for you to understand??
    • Like x 2
  12. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Lol I’m sure you’re an expert
    • Like x 2
  13. The Con Dedicated Player

The point is YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE to understand the basic concept of replacement and removal....

Comprehension is really an issue for you, isn't it?

I'm starting to feel bad replying to you.
    • Like x 2
  14. LeatherJacket25 Well-Known Player

My opinion is, in short, yes. And my reason is, the game is massive, and it’s old content.

It isn’t like (please forgive me) Fortnite, where old maps and old rewards and old mechanics are straight up not available to you. These things are available,, but it’s still old content, content that long term players were there for when it was current, and they have finished.

There is so much to do and so much to collect, and rank up and so much to experience and feats to get.
    End game content/latest episodes should be the freshest and most exciting thing and have the best rewards and that’s what should be “focused” on by players.

I’m not really anti-clamp so much as I am pro time saving. Time wasting is still my biggest peeve and I seem to waste time mostly (well, really only) on old content.

I think too, it’s a comic book game. And the episodes are called “episodes”.
    I guess I view it like a tv show or comic books, old stuff isn’t new anymore. And if you were to get into a show or comic book story, you, well I at least, would go back to the start and blaze through those earlier releases to catch up and be able to watch/read the current releases with full knowledge of what’s going on.

I’m not even sure that I agree with the argument that the stat-clamp helps players learn mechanics, for the most part. My experience is if people don’t know mechanics, it just creates opportunities for players to clash and name call in the chat window and the group ends up disbanding. I do agree that the game needs better in-game guidance, without the need to go to forums, or watch a walkthrough.

I got into an Earth 3 raid the other day, and I must’ve only done it once before because I didn’t remember it, and one of the objectives that came up on my screen was something to do with 3 drones, so I followed what it said on screen, as did a few others, and we got blasted for it. Apparently it’s something to do with the elite version, but how am I supposed to know that? It came up on the screen so I followed it. It just made for an uncomfortable time for everyone with that player calling me an idiot and me blasting them back for being rude. I will defend myself if I am getting name called for doing something I was literally told to do by the on screen text. So no I don’t think it helps me learn mechs. But getting called names does, I guess, ugh.
    If that player knew that objective was for the elite run only, they could’ve said it before the fight. Or it shouldn’t even come up in the regular version.

But, on the other hand, I get it. I guess my opinion is formed by time wasting and the lack of in game knowledge in certain areas because of population on my server. Time wasting trying to get into stuff or waiting for new players to join when (I’ve said this so many times now) players leave instance when we fail first boss once.
    And I guess “breeze” might been too strong a word, but it shouldn’t be something that takes me or anyone else, away from end game for too long.

I do really enjoy the game when I’m not time wasting or confused as to why I’m being blasted for following the objectives.

But yah I think it should be like having a season box set (I’m not old) or a big hard cover comic book that I can just crunch in a short amount of time to get ready for the current or next release.

I didn’t mean to write this much. Sorry ‘bout it.
    • Like x 6
  15. The Con Dedicated Player

Only 130 pages to go.....
    • Like x 1
  16. Plowed In Loyal Player

Setting up a “free to play game system” before the removal of the “subscription model” doesn’t negate the fact that the “free to play system” was designed to be a “free to play system.”

All these systems - time capsules, artifacts, allies, head augments with breakthroughs, etc. - are designed to be sources of recurring revenue that can support their financial goals (new episode development, game maintenance, PLUS).

Selling back your stats…there’s no button to “PRESS THIS NOW TO UNCLAMP.”
    • Like x 2
  17. Random Mind Dedicated Player

I really hate to feed into this thread as it encourages others to post about how bad the stat clamp is when the topic has been beaten to death already.

But seriously..... AGAIN?

[IMG]
  18. The Con Dedicated Player

You're just trying to say the same thing I said with a different example.

The point would be that whatever they deemed to be monetary replacements could/probably would be in place BEFORE they switched to a "free to play system".

They didn't just decide to become a charity.
    • Like x 2
  19. Plowed In Loyal Player

And yet, here you are expecting to maintain all your “progression” gathered from 10 years of incremental gear stat increases…

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  20. The Con Dedicated Player

Welll.... Yeah...

Oddly, your example is of Oliver asking for "More, please?"

I'm not asking for more... Just to keep what I've already earned.

You guys can't help but lie to think that you've made a point.

:confused: - "You're so greedy wanting to keep your progress that you worked for 10 years.... Like a starving orphan child."

:rolleyes:
    • Like x 3