I just want simple answer from anybody from Daybreak Game Company.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by BƖack, Aug 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arqueiro Robusto Well-Known Player

There isn't a memory problem anymore. PS3 was scrapped.
  2. hoaxone Committed Player

Smh amazing.
  3. BƖack Dedicated Player

Hello once again!

Thank you for such a quick response @Ted Stone!

Your answers explained more than i expected and wanted to know! I am very glad that threads as this are still taken seriously by the team.

I understand that you guys are confused about with what people agree and disagree. But everyone is different u should know it, also this is how we players are we have 1000 thoughts per second it has been proven many times. To prevent situations such as this where devs are lost and they don't know what actually people want there is many ways, a questionnaire for example is a good way and an answer yes or no to choose and very simple!.

I'm just asking let the other threads be taken into account. Most of the time posts related to the income receive much more attention than those that i've mentioned earlier, why?. I think that everyone who comes here to this forums deserves a response whatever it would be, but it always is right? People should be treated with same way and attention. I am just asking to not ignore people's posts.

So can we just stop all this silence about PVP?

Thank you so much once again for an answer!
    • Like x 2
  4. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

Is this why doing a Controller revamp seems like a forgotten thing?

Low probability, since we can't seem to agree, and the low amount of players as well return of investment for said revamp?

No pressure because it is off topic, but you did answer the OP question and I am not aiming to derail the thread either.
    • Like x 1
  5. Harlequin Devoted Player

If you're not going to work on fixing it, abandon ship on the entire thing and give out the SP to everyone. I have many issues with this game and its business model but one of the biggest was the chunk of SP locked behind a broken PvP system that nearly nobody played, effectively blocking new and/or casual players from ever gaining them.

It's time to either fish or cut bait, guys. Quit stringing people along.
    • Like x 13
  6. BumblingB I got better.

Actually that's not a bad idea.

Award all the PvP feats to everyone, but keep it as it is. That way it can maybe "eventually" be worked on at a later date and they can keep going forward in DLCs that are PvE related.
    • Like x 7
  7. Ringz Dedicated Player

Firstly, I would like to say Thank You for FINALLY addressing PVP that players have been begging for a devs comment on since Stats Revamp. I wish you guys would have comment on it then, but I guess no answer was ready to be given. Thanks for the bluntness, but now its time to point out the issues with this comment.

It is no secret that during the PVP war like discussion that there were 2 groups that had their own agenda for changing PVP to fit their standards. Thinking back on it now, I bet it was a hair pull for yall to figure out since both sides had renown members of the community known and respected for PVP. If that really was the cause for giving pvp the side eye on the devs end, then I at least am ashamed to have been apart of that discussion that concluded the way it did. Nonetheless, that does not take away how you guys are REALLY underestimating the pvp community. Especially with what you guys have been doing for PVE side or just micro-transactions lately.

Saying that pvp has only included a small faction of the population is an insult to all the past Pvpers who have contributed to the game much more then yall are trying to downplay it now. The biggest Youtubers this game has ever had was from players who primarily PVP'ed. From what you are saying Mepps, you are diminishing what those players have done that gave the game PR, population growth, revenue for enticing players to try the game etc.

Is the hurdle most likely Impossible? No its not. The dcuo management for the past 2 years have been about short term goals and achieving them. The Solder Cola Ultimate. Was that not the start of testing the waters out for future micro-transactions? Something even current like Artifacts. To me, it seems the devs are trying to go for a BIG all in long term goal for Pvp? Why can we not do short term goals the same treatment pve got? It might be a list of things to unscramble with PVP now, but that because of the untreated treatment you guys have left to pile up. Start small, start with simple fixes that are straight forward that has already been spoken and agreed upon the community.

What update are we speaking of here 2 years ago for six months? Was the update 2016 beginning of February that ridden pvp of the 1 shots from full weapon combos? Flip Slash anyone? Was it later down the road when you guys change the melee counter 3 tap into a 5 tap that caused ultimate cheese and uninterruptible combos? Was it the Munitions shotgunned nerf that was praised for being corrected because it was one of the benefactors for ruining pvp? What it seems like to me Mepps that these were mixed bag changes. You're describing what yall did 2 years ago were fixes that should've been appreciated but we(the pvp community) were ungrateful? If thats the case that is completely false and not the whole story being told.

Yes, we were ANGRY that you guys changed the 3 tap into a 5. Why? There are weapon combos that only do 3 taps. There was, and still, no logical explanation to allow weapons to go uninterruptible. The worse part is, the group requesting for that weren't even requesting for that specific change, but it got change because of that request. You devs knew people in the discussion had agendas, and that update was snucked in before the rest of the pvp community can even agree to it. You say we don't agree with things, but for that update we couldn't even agree or disagree.

Yes, we were THRILLED that you guys finally fixed Munitions shotgun spam. It was a small major step in the right direction and we wanted more fixes like that from you guys.

You mention the low probability of things. For the past 4 years we never had a stable state of pvp to even consider an old design vs new debate.
    2014 - Weapon Mastery took 75 % of health, even on block, excluding the crits which WM was design to highly crit.
    2015 - Flip Slash 1 shots
    2016 - Advance Mechanics spam (Munitions Shotgun, Flame Cascade, Celestial combos spam)
    2017- Current - Right now, not only do we have weapons that can not be countered because of the 5 tap rule, but we have Powers that were counter-able before that are not counter-able now. WHY? What sense is there to allow a Atomic tank to melee tap/hold his way to full health with out being countered. What sense is there to allow an Electric player spam you with powers to death uninterruptible? Pvp was popular and thriving during game launch toward 2014 pre WM. Take ideas and inspiration from that time. That is the only solid and acceptable design that you should go to when regarding pvp.

It should be no problem to execute when the demand is extremely specific. Don't allow an Atomic tank to do his full tank combos in pvp uninterrupted. If the change can't be made or it will affect something else, warn us first. You guys have been real communicative in the testing feedback regarding changes and what will be worked on in instances. Why can't that same energy be put into small update fixes for pvp?

Regarding behavior towards pvp? There is still players who pvp in the horrible state pvp is now. The interest is still there. If word goes out that you guys even do 1 small fix for pvp (etc no longer able to spam powers uninterrupted), I promise you WORD WILL GO OUT. Then once that word goes out, then theres a youtuber making a video about it, then old dcuo pvpers will see that and re-download dcuo to try it out, then they will resub for a month, because of the nostalgia feeling they got from trying an improved pvp and might stick around longer. You just simultaneously also solved your revenue problem.

I find it absurd that pvp would take a year out of dlc content to be worked on? If the team are very serious about fixing pvp, it should take no longer than Stats revamp did or even more then 4 months. I feel the problems and time frame you guys have in mind over pvp is very exaggerated.

Once again, this is a long time coming for a comment on Pvp and I Thank You for this, but at the same time if this is going to be the mindset for PVP, I suggest to completely be rid of Pvp and take it out of the game. Until that day or another announcement, I will continue encouraging people to keep demanding and fighting for a pvp update, the same way electric/nature players did for 2 years and crappy thread that finally encourage the devs to do Stats Revamp. You say this is something you guys want to do overall, but I think its the complete opposite.
    • Like x 3
  8. Proxystar #Perception

No even if it's broken you don't do that.

Way to try and take advantage of a situation to put your hand in the cookie jar. Shameful.
    • Like x 2
  9. EconoKnight XIII Legion

To be blunt, skipping two episodes would be game over. At the current rate of decline on new content production, that would mean close to a year without new content. When evaluating it honestly, there were barely three episodes this year when looking at what was actually produced.
    • Like x 1
  10. Dene Devoted Player

I would seriously rejoice if PVP was completely scrapped lol

• Like x 3
  11. Scarlet Mysty Loyal Player

Some people were angry some people weren't but the 5 tap rule wasn't really the devs fault. The issue started with complaints regarding screen-blocking and HB being the only viable weapon to counter it since it was the only weapon with an AOE BB. Some argued for all weapons to be given an AOE BB, some asked for it to be removed from HB.

Ultimately on test the AOE BB was removed and for the most part the consensus seemed to be that the issues brought up by those who advocated against it's removal became apparent. Not all players agreed but a number of well reasoned people from both sides agreed this change seemed to make screen-blocking worse.

One of the comprises between the two groups was to revert single tap melee from a conal attack to a single target attack, reducing the screen-blocking issue. However despite what people from both sides had believed they had experienced in the past, Mepps confirmed that there was never a time when single tap melee attacks were single target and furthermore that change would not be possible to make. The end result of all of that was the 5-tap rule, primarily to mitigate against screen-blocking.

It's important to note, since many false accusations seem to fly about regarding the 5-tap rule, is that NO ONE ever from either side directly advocated for the 5-tap rule.

I'd say i'll look for the original thread, but it may be locked or deleted and either way I'm not entirely sure it's worth my hassle to go find it.
    • Like x 1
  12. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

This is the same group that figured out how to get revenue from COLLECTIONS, right? I’m sure you could figure out a way to monetize PvP.

I believe in y’all.
    • Like x 10
  13. ShadowTheHunter Well-Known Player

Like others have already stated, we thank you for giving a statement on the developers' perspective on PvP after such a long silence. I'd like to voice my support for those who have already stated that small fixes and changes could at least be considered. Despite what has been stated about a conflict players have had about PvP changes in the past, there are many players left still playing this game who are dedicated to PvP even in its broken state. I can't speak for everyone, but many of us would just like to see any positive change. And I'm not a financial expert, but I can't help but think working to fix PvP even with small changes at first would convince old players to return to the game and possibly renew their memberships. I believe a working PvP would bring in considerable revenue for the game.

In-game and aside from myself, I've spoken to many players who regularly PvP that agree that the Pre-Revamp setup, while it still had issues, was vastly superior to how PvP is now. We had counterable powers, correct immunity timing, and no getting countered right after grabbing a blue. No unblockable rifle 5 tap. We had vulnerability to block after three taps. Power management was far more important and weapon skill was necessary. We generally agree that after the revamp skill in PvP (As far as arenas are concerned) was greatly diluted. My point is, despite the conflict on earlier specific changes to PvP, I would go out on a limb here and say that in-game, where you'll find the highest concentration of knowledgeable PvP players, there is an overall consensus about the state of PvP and the general direction it should go.

TL;DR - Please consider making the small obvious tweaks to PvP (Unblockable weapon combos, Batarang damage tweaks, immunity duration, etc). Just because PvP is as broken as it is doesn't mean we shouldn't try. Many will be satisfied with these first steps. If that proves to be a success, then perhaps we could then discuss larger changes.
  14. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

here ya go peeps. I fixed PvP for ya = [IMG]
    :p

Seriously, ok, lock the player created character in DCUO that are modeled off DC iconic characters in DPS mode. Then build from there.

B, I suspect PvP mode was most popular for the longest stretch of time.... (researching, researching more, remembering).... hmmmm, it kept users busy when there was far less PvE content.... Launch until about update 25 (2011-2013), is my guess. Ironically there is more PvE content now, but with vertical progression CR relevancy design, PvP matches may keep users busy while waiting because once they've done daily missions and are locked out from rewards... good luck.
    • Like x 1
  15. Ringz Dedicated Player

I am fully aware of what truly happen behind that change, way before Bro.Allen even made the thread explaining it when fingers were pointed at them. I didn't do a blast from the past because of the length my post.

The information is good for those who don't know though.
    • Like x 1
  16. Knarlydude Loyal Player

PVP does get the heart racing sometimes. :) PVE pfft it's whatever. It gets old listening to all the b1tchin. At least in PVP when someone wants to talk trash they have to be able to back it up player vs player. Instead of against AI that has known patterns.
    • Like x 1
  17. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

there's your answer.
  18. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

There are so many systems in this game now.... PvP has little to no chance of being necessarily rebuilt or Nuked from orbit (it's the only way to be sure).
    PS, is this thread about Arena or Legends PvP mode? both?
  19. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Sorry but immunities to any opponent that is not stunned is a crutch and nothing more. Immunities have no place in PVP. Asking for an immunity in a fight is like asking not to get tackled in football or your shot blocked in basketball because you're too slow. PVP after SOE 2015 was a joke and the revamp made it at least bearable.

Also, we all know that as soon as one thing in pvp gets changed someone is going to come to the forums whining.

I called the Batman & Robin stuff when people were whining about Catwoman. Those Batman & boywonder guys were b1tchin because Catwoman was kicking their rumps when they were trying to spam block breaker. I'll still make them lick my boots with Cheetah. xD
    • Like x 1
  20. ShadowTheHunter Well-Known Player

I, along with many other players back when immunities were temporarily removed as well as many current players, completely disagree with that. Removal of immunities ruined combat, most visibly in group PvP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=5&v=uEc69Uh6ngY
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/pvp-immunity.256027/

PvP should be based on skill. Analysing your opponent, predicting their next move, and narrowing your reaction time down to be as snappy as possible is not an easy feat and deserves to be rewarded. That is what an immunity is. Though I respect your opinion, and now have a better understanding on what Mepps was referring to as far as the conflict on PvP changes, I would advocate that changes should be made based on majority rule. Assuming that the people voting are experienced PvP players.

Also, it isn't correct to completely categorize Pre-Revamp PvP as a one-shot fest. You're referring to a specific era before the revamp, before the PvP Update in 2016. I was referring to the era right before the revamp, after the PvP Update, where one-shots were removed.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.