I’m here till the end…

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MrSuperman, Feb 11, 2024.

1. Knight Racer Well-Known Player

What new concepts and ideas do you have to add to the game?

Now tell us after months of radio silence why we can't get any updates at all for the upcoming year after you're told by the company you work for "no new updates".

How would you handle that as a community manager?
    • Like x 1
  2. BƖack Dedicated Player

You won't have to wait so long. I will honestly say to you and others: "Have fun and enjoy it while you can."
    • Like x 1
  3. Wallachia Devoted Player

Community Manage does not have this function as part of his position. A CM rarely has this kind of voice within the development.

A CM's job is to act as a bridge between developers and community. What they can do is to filter user feedback and present them to the developers. They can make the players be heard.

As I did as a volunteer mod in the infamous OB64 in Paladins: keep the community posted as much as possible and repeatedly tell them that a solution is on the way. The difference is that, back in the other community, I created events of my own to keep the players entertained and prevent them from feeling bored while they waited. It worked quite well.
    • Like x 1
  4. MrSuperman Dedicated Player

Nothing has changed. DCUO is still number 1. It is going through some rough times, but it will always be my #1 game. I would love to continue spending money on DCUO, but it is getting tough to justify.

I honestly hope a company purchase the game, or this situation turns a 180.
    • Like x 2
  5. MrSuperman Dedicated Player

I said I was here till the end, and the lights were slowly starting to dim to darkness. Then.. the new DCUO Producer posted and just Turned on the Lights! I’m here till the end, but the end is t soon! Let’s Go!
    • Like x 1
  6. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Way to jump the gun. My point exactly in another thread.

I wrote as such:

I'm just being realistic. It's great to have optimism, but for some to act like a measly letter telling us stuff we already knew in fancy manipulative wording fixes everything... Like come on now. Just funny to see people like "whew, I guess everything is okay now and I can open my wallet again!"

Any communication is better than none at all, yet still, actions will always speak louder than fancy words written in a way to manipulate minds. I'm not being pessimistic, I just personally won't get my hopes up yet.

You have no idea if the end "isn't soon" just because they did their job and finally released a letter. If the higher-ups decide it's time to shut down because the game isn't pulling it's "weight" tomorrow, they will. But keep up that level of optimism if you like, nothing wrong with that. Just don't try to fool others as the letter has clearly fooled you. That's sheep mentality.
    • Like x 1
  7. MrSuperman Dedicated Player

Your right. But you have no idea if this game will last another 5 years.

So be Negative. I’m excited. I would love to continue this conversation, but the devs decided to put restrictions on my account. (For no justified reason) I’ve tried to get a response from them over and over. At least 5 times. But I get crickets. So I don’t post much anymore.
  8. Owlman 2 Well-Known Player

The Owlman wishes he could give the OP 2 thumbs up.
    • Like x 1
  9. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

That's the point, I'm not trying to be negative, just realistic. I strongly hope the game gets the love and attention it deserves, and gets better to a point I might actually return. If it doesn't, well, c'est la vie ^-^

One of the reasons I stopped playing was the crickets and lack of transparency for YEARS here on the forums, even though support team and devs always told us to come here with suggestions. For years it just felt like they sent us here to shut us up and forget about us, like directing people to a "complaint box" that never gets looked at.

Doesn't stop me from trying though! Speaking of, I should bump my Cross-Faction Grouping thread. I will continue to try and help the game go in a better direction, and if I don't actually return to the game itself, well I am here on the forums of the game I was passionate about until the very end.
    • Like x 2
  10. Bowieite Active Player

Aye. That is almost my exact sentiment for playing. My Mum also passed on, almost a year ago now, and I am, quite literally, an ocean away. I may have lost what is left of my mind if I did not have this " game" to delve into... and the Cats, they helped me stay sane enough to play to ground myself, lol.
    • Like x 1
  11. Bowieite Active Player

Wow, The Starman actually agrees with the Owlman... BRILLIANT!
    • Like x 1
  12. Owlman 2 Well-Known Player

Is "BRILLIANT' your catchphrase like how The Owlman uses "SILENCE" ? If it is, that is "BRILLIANT" and the Owlman approves.
  13. Bowieite Active Player

Uh, no. It is a British thing. English, to be precise.
  14. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Did you even see my post up above? It answers all your questions to you trolling me about wether or not I play the game (in which is none of your business).

Here, I will quote it for you:
    • Like x 1
  15. Owlman 2 Well-Known Player

The Owlman says it looks like you were wrong.
  16. BƖack Dedicated Player

I don't think so, also I didn't precise when it will happen.

DCUO has whole new people running this game.

Let's see if they can satisfy the appetite of this community.

If not, guess what will happen.
  17. Owlman 2 Well-Known Player

The Owlman will never understand why some people have a problem with admitting they were wrong. It is perfectly natural to make a mistake.
  18. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Yet you never admitted you were wrong in accusing me of things that were not true.
  19. Owlman 2 Well-Known Player

What was The Owlman wrong about? That you continue to troll on a forum of you game you left and said you moved on? Your comment just proves The Owlman's point.
  20. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Did you even read my reply 5 posts up? I am not "trolling". I am here trying to make the game better and worth returning to. I never said I "moved on".