How much?!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by 9001BPM, Sep 3, 2021.

1. OnlyNomad The One Above All

LMFAO, they can make their money without grossly ripping off people.

How much are they paying you? /s:D
    • Like x 2
  2. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Yeah... them offering all episodes for Free.... it was obvious they would make their money some other way.

But dang... they went all in why them allies. :eek:
    • Like x 1
  3. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

It could be argued that legendary allies are legendary because they offer a second passive and not because they are meant to deal more damage. If legendary allies did more damage than they would be pretty much mandatory for combat allies. Since they are only available through the marketplace than they would by definition be pay to win. Buying something that gives you an edge over something else which is only available through purchase with real money. So no I don’t think they should deal more damage than none legendary allies. Their passives however should be fixed to work. And the price should be reduced. But deal more damage? No

And I didn’t say the testing community said that’s what they wanted. If you look at threads about artifacts, they are filled with complaints that they are pay to win. Or that they can fail to breakthrough. Other complains that they are mandatory and the game is built around having high artifacts. These are all things the community have been complaining about. For years,
    • Like x 3
  4. OnlyNomad The One Above All

This is the new lifetime membership. If you know, you know.

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  5. inferno Loyal Player

My math equals Zero.

I'm not a fan of the current iteration of the Allies. I was thinking completely different when it was announced and Having them out for 12 seconds seems a lot for so little. The only one I considered was Zoom in his broken state. That much damage in a short time, I would have paid for it, lol.

Anyway, I'm just planning in progressing these using in-game drops.
    • Like x 1
  6. inferno Loyal Player

Huh, with all these new changes I didn't know these were purchase-able by Source Marks.

I've just been a bit discouraged by the new stuff, I've been staying away from the game more than I thought.
  7. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Yeah... I only counted what you could not buy using Source Marks.... but yes... it will end up costing $200 when all things are considered. :(
    • Like x 1
  8. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I've gotta lean a bit to side with deity here. Our best damage one is cheap and can be done free. Some good passives are available for cheap and free if we're patient. 100%, am not defending the state or prices legendary ones are at. But they are not something we have to get if they all stay as is. But maybe someone really just wants fp batman and it will be their choice if it's worth it to them or not. They are allowed to sell whatever they want for however much they want. But they do need to work properly. I know personally, I would spend some to get aquaman if the 2nd passive was working. And if I knew how to make it work once it does..

Players have been asking for skins and other things to cycle into mp. These aren't that exactly but they're something that the cosplayer types may spend and enjoy. We don't need to tank their sales by calling them dumb, we just don't have to part ways with our own money. If no ones buying, the devs will know and adjust accordingly I'm sure. They want them to sell and will figure it out. Everyone is making solid points but again, so far this is good for us. The cheaper options are the better ones. Till we see otherwise, let's try assuming towards a positive outlook that it was intended. But again, let's get them fixed asap!

And maybe this helps put it in perspective a bit. I recently sold a bumper cover for a porsche from a very high end company in Switzerland. I'm one of 2 importers in the country. $22k. Unpainted, uninstalled. There is a knock off copy available for 1/16th the price. This owner wouldn't even consider it. Why would I talk him out of it? What business is it of mine to even try to? I sell, maybe someone buys. That 1 sale made me more profit than selling 16 knockoffs if we keep it simple.
    • Like x 3
  9. OnlyNomad The One Above All

Such great benefits?...
    [IMG]
    • Like x 4
  10. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

I'm not making anything but if you don't want it don't buy it .
    • Like x 2
  11. Blight KOBRA Commander

No, you're right it is extremely overpriced especially for a system that currently only displays the ally for a short amount of time anyway, and isn't even that much of a stat buff anyway. On the other hand, since I'm not interested in any of these characters I don't need to worry about shelling out the cash for them. Now if they had introduced some allies I really wanted (Deathstroke, Atrocitus, Poison Ivy, Tala) than I'd be in trouble.

So my own two cents to my fellow players is for the time being to be selective in your purchases, because if it's one thing that ALWAYS gets their attention it's what we the players spend our time and our MONEY on. :D
    • Like x 1
  12. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Did you think the game was going to go massively F2P without any source of replacement revenue?

There are two types of free MMOs. The ones where subscription is technically not required but it really is required ... (DCUO used to be in the category along with SWTOR and similar models.

And the ones where the entire game really is free... every raid, all content, everything. Tera is like this, and Warframe is too, though a different type of game. And DCUO has jumped on this train.

Gamers get irritated when companies try to double-dip, such as DCUO before, with both subscriptions essentially required and very close to p2w artifacts/feats in TCs/etc. But now that the subscription isn't needed, you can expect the nearly p2w artifacts/allies/similar systems to be much more pronounced. In other words, those things will be your new subscription. And, if you want a subscription on top of that, you can as well.
  13. OnlyNomad The One Above All

This entire thread isn't necessarily against the idea of Allies being available through the MP. It's the fact that they're $22-$25 for 1 Ally, whether you can afford them or not, that price is ridiculous.
    • Like x 4
  14. Magnificent Loyal Player

For that much money they had best each put out more DPS than Rare or Epic (hint: Cyborg has the best DPS), NOT have broken buffs and be out 24/7 following me around like a hungry puppy.

And that doesn't include the cost for mats to levelling them up.

THIS is a perfect example of why we only see 1,500-2,500 on USPC at best. We ask for something but the way it's delivered is in such a half-handed and expensive manner as to be literally disrespectful to the player base to expect us to be DUMB ENOUGH to want to purchase them at this price.

I was actually excited about Allies when they first announced them. Now? With the cost and lackluster performance of these Legendaries? I'm insulted.
    • Like x 5
  15. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

I think if they would of sold them for 15 a piece and had a package for 25 that got one Ally and the supplies to get them to level 4 or 5 would of been 100% better.
    • Like x 1
  16. Shark Dental Devoted Player

This made me laugh. So Obsidian wants them to go the p2w route? I'm sure that would go over well with everyone.

The devs now have to walk a very fine line with encouraging people to make "optional" purchases but without being too noticeably p2w. I'm making popcorn as we speak. (Actually, that's a lie. I'm really eating almonds.)
    • Like x 2
  17. Cordelia Well-Known Player

As much as I want to get them, $25 is way too much - so I'm just not going to buy any. Add in the cost of upgrading and, yeah. Not worth it to me. That's a big NOPE.

Oh well.
    • Like x 4
  18. OnlyNomad The One Above All

I'd prefer if they were $10 individually and 25$ for the pack. That way you get the 3rd one at a 50% discount. Now maybe they could offer a 3rd option which bundles all the new Allies and some supplies.
    • Like x 4
  19. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Yeah, I don’t think anyone’s arguing against them being sold. We’re just upset about the astronomical pricing.
    • Like x 4
  20. OnlyNomad The One Above All

[IMG]
    • Like x 1