Hero League The Protectorate is recruiting on the USPS3/4

Discussion in 'League Recruitment Center' started by Kaidan, Mar 10, 2014.

1. Zonked New Player

just wanted to come on and say thanks for the invite...look forward to playing with and getting to know everybody.

Z....out.
    • Like x 1
  2. Drifting Dreamer Steadfast Player

Welcome to the League!! :D

Greetings to everyone in Forum-Land!! How are we doing today?
    I certainly hope everyone is doing well … no, scratch that, I hope everyone is doing wonderfully, fantastically, brilliantly, amazingly, you get it, things like that!

Welcome to the Protectorate’s recruitment page! What makes the Protectorate such an awesome League is that lack of CR/SP Requirements.
    But, wait, wouldn’t you want only the best players in your League?
    I’ll answer your question with a question: do you know everything about something the first time you see it?
    Every beast player started out as a n00b. Every Top Tier player began with 0 SP at Level 1. We’ve all been there. Without a manual for this game, it is up for people to learn on their own or from the community.
    This is why we have no requirements to join up. Honestly, why worry about only recruiting ‘beasts’ when we can just make anyone a beast?

We are here for our members. For help with instances, styles, feats, questions, farming, company, someone to talk to while you run solos. We aren’t just a League, we are a family. We are good friends who enjoy spending time together. It just so happens that, when we do, we’re in tights and punching things! You try to do that on Saturday night and not go to jail … or the looney bin! :p

There are only the things we as of those wishing to join.
    You must be 18+.
    You must have Voice Chat turned on during group content. (You do not, however, need to own, have, or use a mic.)
    You must treat all other players (or forum posters, if you post here on the forums) with respect. Not the respect you’d want for yourself. Some people don’t care. Not the respect you’d show your family. Some people don’t respect their family for one reason or another. The respect from the dictionary; generic, honest, and universal.

Ok, so, are you guys active? Do you have a League Hall?
    Why, yes, we do have a League Hall! It is quite amazing and terrific!
    Also we are very active, having scheduled events now 3 out of the 7 days of the week.

Here’s what we do:
    We run feats on Fridays, we call it FEAT FRIDAY. Any feats; doesn't matter how grindy. Yes, this does include the Reaper Feats in CC.
    Saturday Nights are PANTY RAIDS. Yes, I said it, Panty Raids. If you've never beaten General Zod bloody in a pair of Flash Boxers, you've never really beaten Zod bloody then. Have you?

Sundays are Bountyful Fun Days! We start with some light PvP (Legends) in the afternoon. Around 4 pm PST we begin running the CC Bounties and go from there. If you need classics, cool, just ask and we got you! We're also beginning to put the Mist Bounties in our circulation; now that we have more members who can get into Battlezone.

If we sound like your kind of league, here's how you can contact us:
    You can reply here on our thread or send a PM (Private Message) to me “Drifting Dreamer” or “Kaidan”.

You can put in an app on our site:
    www.dcuotheprotectorate.shivtr.com
    (Which you should use; it is a wonderful tool for the League.)

You can also contact us in game via a Tell or a game-mail to any of the following members:
    Kaidan Alenko
    xxToxicPoisonxx
    SA1NT
    MidKnightTitan - me

Is there anything else you want to know? Ask us. You can ask us questions about the league in the same way you can contact us for recruitment.
    Cheers All!!
    Good luck in your search for a league!!
    Happy Smashing!!
    :D
  3. Kaidan Committed Player

It was another fun but quiet weekend in the League. We ran T5 raids, worked on Feats, ran CC bouties, and even ran LPvE Bludhaven a couple of times.

Check out our site at www.dcuotheprotectorate.shivtr.com for details if you're interested in joining. You can put in an app there or PM me or Drifting Dreamer here on the forums. Even send a Tell or ingame email to any of the following people:

Kaidan Alenko
    xxToxicPoisonxx
    SA1NT
    MidKnightTitan
    Subject 458

Thanks for reading and good luck in your search!
  4. Anlpwnage New Player

Hello Guys! It's me Quantum Quacks, Sorry I've been gone for so long. I didn't realize college took so much time lol I didn't get to play any of the games I played for a while. Luckily now college is out of the way I get back my gaming time :D
    • Like x 1
  5. Drifting Dreamer Steadfast Player

Welcome back Quacks!! :D Congrats on being done with the schooling! Huge accomplishment! Just hit up me, Kaidan, SA1NT, or Toxic! :)
    • Like x 1
  6. Kaidan Committed Player

Welcome back, Quacks. As MidKnight said, hit me, Toxic, MidKnight, or SA1NT up.
  7. Drifting Dreamer Steadfast Player

Welcome everyone to the recruitment thread for the Number 1, highly respected, critically acclaimed, and most ostentatious and magnanimous League on the USPS Server!
    (NOTE: No factual data of any kind was used in the previous assertions)
    Welcome Ladies and Gentlemen to …..
    Drum roll please …
    [IMG]
    THE PROTECTORATE!

“Umm … Mr. Dreamer, sir; what is a helping league?”
    Now, that is a very good question. A Helping League exists to help its members progress. We are here to assist with feats, offer advice, explain content, explain SP, and various other things that the game doesn’t exactly explain or even remotely try to teach.
    We ask only one thing: if someone helps you, help someone else. Even if that just means being a warm body in a queue once or twice. After a run or two you’ll figure out where you fit or can fit.
    “Well, that seems cool. But … what Level, Cr, or SP do I need before you’ll consider me?”
    None, really. You can be Level 1, just woken up on the Brainiac ship, and not out of the first room yet and we will happily recruit you!

“So, no rules? Just anyone can join?”
    No and yes, respectively.
    Anyone, at any level, skill, or time allotment can join our League.
    We do, however, have two rules. They are really just two sides of the same coin and go hand in hand with each other.
    No Discrimination – of any kind, for any reason, ever. This is our first rule.
    Show Respect to the Community – League runs, PUGs, open world, PvP, events, forum posts.
    These rules encompass who and what we are as a League and as a family. There are NO exceptions or exemptions from these rules.
    We will never tell you what role to run. We ask that you refrain from doing it to anyone else. We will never tell you how to play, what load outs to use, nothing. You play how and what you want to and we work with that.
    However, if you ever want or need advice; it will be gladly and expediently given to you.

“Not that I’m planning on it, but what happens if I break one of the rules??”
    First offense and one or more of the Officers will speak to you privately. We will never, ever, humiliate you or call you out in open text or chat. This will be your warning. If something happens again, then we remove you from the League.
    We consider ourselves a Safe, Friendly, Comfortable, Family Style Environment.

“Sounds pretty fair, if someone does something to me?”
    Let an Officer know and then see the above :D

“You guys sound pretty cool, but, you mentioned chat. I don’t have a mic, is that ok?”
    That is perfectly ok. We have several members without mics. We will ask one thing though, we ask that during group runs or Full League Events, you turn on Voice Chat so that you can hear and keep up with strategies, plans, feats, whatnot.

“So, if I join today, do I have to wait a certain amount of time to be thought of as a “Full Member?”
    Sort of, yes. We have a one week trial period. We very rarely exercise our power to remove people after that week. This trial period is mainly so that you can try us on. If we don’t fit, then let us know and head out. There will be no hard feelings, that is what the week is for.
    After that week you’ll become a full-fledged member of the League, be able to have one alt invited into the League at any point, and get a villain invited into HeIIbound, our Villain League.
    Finally, after a month, you will be given full access to our League Bank. If there is anything in the bank that you want before that month is up; tell us. We will happily get you anything you need.

“So, are you an active League with scheduled events?”
    We are. We have two events that occur randomly when several people are on.

T.I.T.S. – Toxic’s Insane Tubular Spectacle! Hide and Seek with our Leader xxToxicPoisonxx. He’ll hide, give us hints as to where, and the first one to find him wins exos, styles, collections, and/or other fun rare things.
    Our unnamed League Hall Races – Just like it sounds, we have mapped out two race courses in the League Hall. Prizes are the same as T.I.T.S.

Our scheduled events are as follows:
    Friday – Feat Friday is where we work on feats. Exclusively. Any feat anyone needs or wants will be completed by the end of the night, time permitting. Skill Points are very important and we encourage our members to work on them. And, no one in The Protectorate ever works alone!

Saturday – Panty Raids kind of speak for themselves … kinda. On Saturdays we run raids, rotating by tier OR whatever the tier of our lowest level member signed on is. And we run them … in our undies! Skivvies, nickers, short pants, whatever you want to call them, we wear ‘em; because, you’ve never really punched Zod in the face, until you do it in Flash boxers! :) We run the Raids by Tier and on a rotation schedule. This way we don’t exclude anyone.

Sunday – Bounty(ful) Sunday is where we run as many of the bounties as we can get our hands on. We’ll go from the Classics, CC, and Raven, to Mist and Dr. Light.

You can reply here on our thread or send a PM (Private Message) to me “Drifting Dreamer” or “Kaidan”.

You can also contact us in game via a Tell or a game-mail to any of the following members:
    Kaidan Alenko
    xxToxicPoisonxx
    SA1NT
    MidKnightTitan - me

Is there anything else you want to know? Ask us.
    You can ask us questions about the league in the same way you can contact us for recruitment.
    Happy Smashing!!
    • Like x 2
  8. Crzyrazr Well-Known Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  9. The Atomic Tuna Well-Known Player

Best gif EVER
    • Like x 3
  10. Rammy Well-Known Player

Such manly tears were shed.*sniff*
    • Like x 2
  11. Kaidan Committed Player

Like a thief in the night...

12. Crzyrazr Well-Known Player

Well here we are on a Monday and if you are trying to find something good for the day........ CONGRATS you just found it!

Welcome future league member to The Protectorate! The best helping league in the DCUO universe.

What is a helping league you ask? Let's just dig into that for a second. A helping league is one that can you can ask for any help that you may need and get information on, without the fear of being looked down upon. Trying to get that annoying feat that you can't seem to pinpoint the best strategy to use we can help with that. How about needing to know where to go after coming off Brainiac's ship, no worries we got you covered. Does not matter if your a vet or a first time player we can help. If we don't have the answer we will do our best to find it to help you. However we do expect you to do your part as well.

Also we do enjoy running all content, some of us enjoy PVP, some of us enjoy the grind. The keypoint is we all want to have fun and that is the basis of a good league.

We have scheduled events through out the week.
    Sundays are Boutny-ful Sundays were hunt and utterly destroy any bounty that you may need! (Come on you know its fun to watch Captain Cold get blistered!)
    Feat Friday-where we grind for feats any and all.
    Saturdays are by far the best with our Panty Raids! Whats more fun than facing Hades or Grodd or even dare I say Brainiac in your favorite undies!

Now we do have a few rules but every league has them.
    We really only have two rules: no discrimination and you have to be 18+.

[IMG]

Kaidan Alenko
    xxToxicPoisonxx
    SA1NT
    MidKnightTitan
    Subject 458
    • Like x 1
  13. Kaidan Committed Player

Now I can steal from someone else!

Listen to the wise people:
    • Like x 1
  14. Drifting Dreamer Steadfast Player

HAPPY MUNTIONS DAY EVERYONE!!!!
    And, welcome to the recruitment thread for the #1, highest rated, most popular, award winning, critically acclaimed Helping League on the USPS server!
    (Nothing stated above is a fact, provable, or based on collected data. ... its just true, don't argue)
    We are The Protectorate and we really do help!
    Our League’s mission is to help, to improve the understanding and enjoyment of the game we all love to play!

We will never kick a PUG just be being the lowest possible CR for content. Each one of us was kicked at some point for the same reason and we don’t believe in spreading hate and elitism. We don’t tell you how to play. We don’t tell you what role to run. If you want us to run with three healers in a group, fine. Are you a tank, then, please, play a tank.
    I myself am a pure DPS, because … well, seriously, if you want to stay alive, you don’t want me healing.

We have established a wonderful family within the Protectorate and we keep the environment safe and fun for anyone and everyone.

We have two major rules, though, in all honesty, they are really just the same rule said two different ways.

#1 – No Discrimination. This means no ageism, racism, sexism, sexual orientationism, dogmism, geographism, roleism, CRism, you get the point. None of these should happen, at any time, for any reason, ever. We can’t say it plainer than that.
    #2 – Show respect. This doesn’t just mean to League members, we mean to everyone. So, just be a nice person and not a turd.

We have no CR requirements.
    We have no SP requirements.
    We have no required play times or amounts.
    We have no specific system requirements.
    We don’t require you to own, have, or use a mic.
    As a caveat to this: while running group content please turn on voice chat so that you can stay up with our strategies.

We also have several scheduled events during the weekend:
    Friday – Feat Friday is where we work on feats. Exclusively. Any feat anyone needs or wants will be completed by the end of the night, time permitting. Skill Points are very important and we encourage our members to work on them. And, no one in The Protectorate ever works alone!

Saturday – Panty Raids kind of speak for themselves … kinda. On Saturdays we run raids, rotating by tier OR whatever the tier of our lowest level member signed on is. And we run them … in our undies! Skivvies, nickers, short pants, whatever you want to call them, we wear ‘em; because, you’ve never really punched Zod in the face, until you do it in Flash boxers! :D We run the Raids by Tier and on a rotation schedule. This way we don’t exclude anyone.

Sunday – Bounty(ful) Sunday is where we run as many of the bounties as we can get our hands on. We’ll go from the Classics, CC, and Raven, to Mist and Dr. Light.

We have two events that occur randomly when several people are on.

T.I.T.S. – Toxic’s Insane Tubular Spectacle! Hide and Seek with our Leader xxToxicPoisonxx. He’ll hide, give us hints as to where, and the first one to find him wins exos, styles, collections, and/or other fun rare things.
    Our unnamed League Hall Races – Just like it sounds, we have mapped out two race courses in the League Hall. Prizes are the same as T.I.T.S.

Kaidan Alenko
    xxToxicPoisonxx
    SA1NT
    MidKnightTitan - me

Is there anything else you want to know? Ask us.
    You can ask us questions about the league in the same way you can contact us for recruitment.
    Happy Smashing!!
  15. Kaidan Committed Player

Add Subject 458 to the list, MidKnight. He's an officer now.
    • Like x 2
  16. Drifting Dreamer Steadfast Player

Will do :D
  17. The Atomic Tuna Well-Known Player

And a Gentleman.
    • Like x 2
  18. Kaidan Committed Player

Wait, wait, wait.... You're a proud member of Apathy and just a member for our League?
    • Like x 1
  19. The Atomic Tuna Well-Known Player

I fixed it lol. Im very proud to be a member of The Protectorate. I put the Proud part in front of Apathy when some Members of HeroesofMercy joined Apathy and robbed the bank then went on the forums and ripped us publicly. Just showing solidarity lol.
  20. Kaidan Committed Player

lol I just have to give you a hard time, Tuna! That sucks that happened.