Heatwave is Overpowerd

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by PTFreeze, May 14, 2021.

1. Illumin411 Loyal Player

LOL, it's a staple in nearly all my load outs. I could go on forever about all the benefits of it. As much as most DPS's scoff at even the suggestion of putting a shield in their loadout, for gadgets (and probably mental) it can be essential to clip that before stealth/invis to keep both incoming damage and incoming CC's from interrupting stealth/invis without having to sacrifice 2% damage to run improved stealth.

But my favorite use of it was easily throughout pretty much all of metal II and BoP every time I ran a duo or alert with one of my real good buddies and leaguemate on this game (which was most days) he constantly complained that the only reason I out DPS'd him was cause he had all the aggro and was practically tanking. Everytime..."See, again! this is BS! I had aggro the entire boss fight! some BS Couldn't get hardly any rotations off!" I eventually came clean and told him I was hitting my detaunt shield pretty much off cool down every time and it took everything I had not to die laughing every time he complained. Now it's kind of a running joke between us. Every time I survive something and he didn't he always says in a mocking voice "I just used my detaunt". lmao
    • Like x 1
  2. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

oh, i'm a proponent of "shields yo", i'm just tickled when i see it elsewhere. stay the course yo :)
  3. Irvynnge Loyal Player

you & me, both, chum! I swear by my shield for my main. & I never heard anyone ever complain when I'm the only one who can hit any of the cogs while they're all too busy getting smacked around. had a guy in the duo the other day moaning that I didn't have a supercharge in my loadout. right off the mark with Heatwave, he's dropping orbital & firing off his supercharge & henchman, & dead in seconds. four times he died. me, not once ( & I still did twice the damage he was doing without the supercharge. . . ). the shield is life.
  4. PTFreeze Well-Known Player

well i see alot about shields here tbh i use ice ( i know you guys are shocken he calls ptfreeze and use ice) xD but i got everytime an shield in my dps loadout in alerts i do precision bulid were i use handblaster..my loadout is Resonating gale,avalance,glacier flash,refelection,winterward and hiberation ...well thats an loadout witch may do not that mutch damage but it helps alot to survive harder enemys without any need of an healer
  5. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah, I'd guess power selection matters a lot if solo DPSing. I did have to finish it the other night on sorc, but I had a Grand summoning built up and had already loaded a few self heals in as the other guy was borderline and we were dual DPSing. It worked out fine, but I was ready to pop my heal armory if it went bad...made it. On this toon I still needed the 'hard knocks' feat, but figured I'd get that next run vs NOT using the SC to finish up.
  6. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Ohhhhhhhh. Yeah, makes sense now.
  7. Great Architect Loyal Player

No. He is not.
  8. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Wait I honestly thought HL’s shield didn’t detaunt. Was that changed or was I mistaken this whole time? I’m so lost now lol
  9. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

When I do it with my sorc and earth alts I just use guardian/brick with offering/fortify and they are permanently stuck on them lol. I don’t even move or hit any cogs. Just stand there pew pewing while my pets keep full aggro lol. I soloed it with them at 322 with 1-3 arts at 80 or below lol. They are grown up now thou :(
  10. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

Power selection is key. I see how they can be useful when the pets take all the aggro. Not sure if i would still stand in the same spot incase you get the fire fields.
  11. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Didn’t mean stand there and ignore everything lol. Yes if fire spawns get out of fire lol
  12. Illumin411 Loyal Player

No. Distract is my default/Immunity shield. Both are in my DPS LO's
  13. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Gotcha. I completely misread what you wrote lol. I read it as you were hard light and your shield detaunted. But you’re gadgets and used hard light shield and distract.
    • Like x 1