Heatwave is Overpowerd

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by PTFreeze, May 14, 2021.

1. PTFreeze Well-Known Player

not enough that this clown got plasticman no he do an fire attack with his pistoles witch kills you in seconds and if you try to get away you got may a firepool behind you what on earth is wrong with this duo -.- i play this in normal and feel like i do an elite version
    • Like x 1
  2. Quantum Rising Committed Player

Just range him. He gets closer, move away and range. It's a duo so one person is always going to be able to attack when the other gets aggro.
    • Like x 2
  3. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

First, welcome back from your extended break.

You can always use a shield and the roll white mode to avoid his attacks, also use a defensive supercharge and play slow if you are having problems
    • Like x 6
  4. PTFreeze Well-Known Player

well normaly i wouldnt comeback but tbh its the only game atm that makes a little bit fun...

i fight with defensive stuff but lets be honest i got a full viollet gear some parts are even yellow and i feel like fight david vs golliath in this duo i was role back and behind me was fire from the front heatwave attacks with the flamer so noway to escape .....and i understand that he shouldnt be weak but this pistoles of him are op some seconds and you die ...honestly if the game go on like this i quit once and for all
  5. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

When he throws flames from his pistols it's only going two ways either range attack him or position yourself behind those batteries or whatever they are and it'll stun him so you can press circle (playstation). Don't want to do that then go tank and have more of a survivability either that or you didn't have a healer. The duo gets easy the more you do it. I can only imagine how you're going to feel when you do the Flashpoint alert.
  6. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

As I mainly do the elite version only because it drops 3 marks and not a laughable 1 mark for the regular duo...the heatwave fight is a hit or miss. There are so many fire mechanics going on and then you also have that weird ahh something ball of rubberbands.

Lets see, the consoles and the critical heat random tic damage, darker colored fire pool that spawns on ground, bright fire pools on ground that also follow you, heatwave's fireball range attack, and heatwave's flamethrower from pistols.

Then you have heatwave's regular pistol attack, and plastic man's ball of rage attack with does like 90% of your health if not blocking. Even if you have both augments at level, it still does a hell of a lot of damage.

I have finished this by both being an ice tank and electric heals. Its slow by using trinkets for damage, but it gets the job done. All i have to do is look stupid jump canceling animations, running away, using trinkets, and taking forever to beat it. Reminds me of a fire tank who made all the ads in the hallways fly like popcorn and dragging them out of my burn range and wondered why they wernt dying! Like dude, stop it, my aoe doesnt move. anyway... lets say i despise tanks who pull ads and expect them to be damaged at the same time.

The elite duo does have a hot kick to it indeed. But seriously though, those pistol flames do need a reduction in damage. And the flame pools need a delay in damage as they spawn faster than what we can move out of them.
    • Like x 1
  7. PolarisSylar Committed Player

Wow, welcome back .
    ( I just saw a strange post you were going away)

Dcuo is always great to return , pause for real life, then returned.

It best one is range, then roll away awhile the other doing most damage.,,range too.
    • Like x 1
  8. Proxystar #Perception

When Heatwave does his skull attack you roll away

When Plastic man comes down and you see him in a ball with a skull attack you roll away.
    • Like x 2
  9. Beastmaster Well-Known Player

Tbh I kinda bait plastic man by stopping near him and when he starts to jump to go into ball form I roll away immediately you do have some time before he actually hits you with it just make sure you have space before you roll away otherwise block or put shield on fast enough before he hits.

Heatwave as others have pointed out can be hit and miss at times but his range is quite limited and ranged attacks do work wonders against him. Just get out his fire field quick enough put shield to absorb some damage while you roll out of it.
    • Like x 1
  10. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I actually soloed the entire thing on 322 HL. It feels like a pain but you just gotta learn the mechanics.

Heat waves 3 major mechanics. come from his skull attack and plastic man. Plastic man can be baited easily. He will follow you until you stand within range for a small period of time. After that he turns to a ball and will throw himself at you. However after turning into a ball he won’t follow you anymore so he just goes away. The flamethrowers areas simple as just staying away. If you are alone he will usually face your pet if you have one so I suggest always having a pet out. If your power doesn’t have a pet just use robot sidekick. If you are with someone he will sometimes aim at a person or at a pet. But his attack is easily avoided too. Just stay range. Don’t even bother being in melee because you are just putting yourself in unneeded risks.

The final mechanic that you gotta pay attention to is the cogs by the computers. In elite there will be a dot that will keep hurting you. When the cogs come up the dot will tick for large amounts which will lead to a wipe. The other 2 mechanics or attacks are very avoidable. People just get overwhelmed and run around like chickens. This is the one that you have to be more strategic. If you are by yourself than always fight him near the entrance. When the cogs come up pop a shield and run around in an oval shape near the entrance from one side of the room to the other. You want to run around until the skull comes up. On the skull get to the cogs ASAP and hit them both then run back to the original position. The reason you pop a shield and run around instead of attacking is that you want to stay in full speed if you can so that you can run faster to hit the cogs. If you have someone else with you than it’s even simpler. One person stand by the cogs while the other person attacks. This doesn’t mean you don’t attack but the person by the cogs should try to not hold aggro. I’d recommend the person who has lower burn do the cogs since the higher dps will hold aggro better.

And there is a way to completely bipass all the mechanics. If you or your partner are sorcery or earth tha use brick/guardian with fortify/offering. Keep fortify/offering on cooldown at all times and he will stay on the pets for 99% of the fight. But you have to pop those abilities as soon as they are off cooldown. If you are doing a channel ability like heatvision cancel it to pop fortify/offering. If you wait to pop it there is a chance they will drop aggro and heatwave will lunge the person with the highest aggro. But being earth or sorcery pretty much makes this fight a joke.
  11. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

My biggest issue with the fight is you basically need to be running around all the time. Stop for very long to do a pickup, work the tank cog or run the cogs for the critical heat and you can get caught in a burst AOE or by plastic wacko if you do it at the wrong time. I'd prefer a straight up fight, but unless you are with a strong healer, running away and ranging is the best option....just kind of tedious. I've actually solo'd it before but had to do so in a makeshift battle tank setup. Took a while, but got it done....just a lot of stick and move.

Oh, and whatever triggers his 5 or 6 pools that chase you around quickly....that's just rank.
  12. PTFreeze Well-Known Player

Ok ok not that you guys missunderstand me i solo fight him too and win it thats possible i got just a big problem with run away from my enemy like a cat runs away from an dog....this game forces us more and more do specific tactics bcs the most other in this case meele fights being suicide and thats what makes the game feel stupid .....i got a problem if enemys just need one attack to kill you in seconds and like i say i know what to do roll away and pray this slow roll brings you out of the dangerzone fast enough or hope that if you get out you dont roll into the firepools he has done behind you......

i honestly was fighting many types of stupid enemys ....hive master ...lobo and his spacepig thing ...but heatwave is just an bad joke he not just shoot in one no he shoots in 2 directions the same time....my main problem is guys like heatwave kill you in seconds if you dont pay attention but my supercharges are an joke against guys like him

i use ice and now can someone tell me may one thing any supercharge of ice is garbage bcs enemys like him jump out in seconds of area attacks if i use an attack that forces me to stay seconds like my freeze ray .....well im toast bcs heatwave dont care about it

so can someone may tell me why on earth i have to do every few seconds new tactics for the records were is an cryo gun finisher witch freeze this guy in a second and give abit damage to him ....i dont want an easy game but if you guys may forgot it we are some sort of heroes too and i feel like an david vs golliath fight everytime so before they higher and higher the enemys dps they should give us usefull ways to fight against it
    • Like x 1
  13. Aren Sul Committed Player

I've been successful regularly as well, but to echo the sentiment of constantly avoiding/running away, I often wonder how I would work this with the one character I have who is solely melee/precision-based. I have a feeling it would be a very slow process of one hit, run/roll, one hit, run/roll... Fortunately, I'm not running him in the duo :)
    • Like x 1
  14. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Block or roll from skull attacks? What is this heresy?
  15. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

I find the constant stunning and power stealing from Amazo fight to be more annoying. Neither is really all that game breaking in difficulty though
    • Like x 7
  16. Proxystar #Perception

It's outrageous, that's what it is! How dare they stop me from standing in a permanent stationary position letting my blue beam of solar death go off! :mad:
    • Like x 5
  17. PTFreeze Well-Known Player

btw i think about one thing why we got cyborg and batman as helper for amazo and this enemy wave but not in the fight against heatwave why the hell i need this guys for amazo he is away more easy to beat as heatwave o.ö
  18. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Playing Doom Eternal the month before this duo released prepared me well.

Actual loading screen tip from that game:

“Keep moving in combat. Stand still for too long, and you’re dead.” :D
    • Like x 1
  19. PTFreeze Well-Known Player

keep moving well you should try marvels avangers the way of roll away is terrible in this game from an block situation to a roll takes away to mutch time if you be forced to react fast everytime .....and tell me why we got supercharges and normal attacks were we have to stay at one point freezebeam for example why do we got such attacks if we have to run around like an chicken without an head...
  20. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

That’s just the gimmick to this particular boss fight, that it requires constant mobility. Other boss fights are different.