Heatwave is Overpowerd

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by PTFreeze, May 14, 2021.

1. Scytthe Well-Known Player

I understand why OP were complaining in every single tread when we are asking to buff elite raids...
    He has problems in normal DUO... a DUO bruh
    • Like x 2
  2. Proxystar #Perception

I did wonder a little bit myself, despite offering some assistance I'm left wondering are we really talking about elite or normal.

Because there's a lot of talk in this thread about rolling, blocking, avoiding his fire, getting him to destroy the cogs , avoiding plastic man...

Only thing is, if this is normal then who cares you can literally just spank him while drooling on your controller half asleep, so I mean...
    • Like x 1
  3. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

I found that you can double dps the elite heatwave and ko him before fire hits the fan. Or, go as your support role and put on damage pets and powers so you can stay alive and eat away heatwave's health at a slower pace.

Pets are a very tremendous help as heatwave loves to attack them and not you. Accomplice, brick, snow devil, vampire bat, are all good pets to use.
    • Like x 1
  4. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

or bounty build solo him.

which is what I have to do more frequently now...
  5. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

Considering how fast it can turn into an elite solo?... yup
  6. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

I like how it punishes users that stand still
    • Like x 1
  7. Scytthe Well-Known Player

« What on earth is wrong with this duo -.- i play this in normal and feel like i do an elite version », this is quoted from Op... so yes he talks about normal duo
    • Like x 1
  8. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

The short version is "stay mobile" and "run away from Plastic Man".

Enjoy.
    • Like x 3
  9. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Nicely done. I've had to solo before as tank and healer, but not as troll yet. Not sure it would be possible as a solo DPS though.

You did get a bit lucky in the fact he didn't do his cascading flame pools that chase you around the room....those can be a PITA. Not sure what the trigger is for that, but I'm running like a fool when it happens.
    • Like x 1
  10. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

If only Plastic Man was so easily distracted.
  11. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Do you have a camera in my house or something?
    • Like x 1
  12. Shalayah Committed Player

People are afraid to switch things up or change strategies and when their usual tactic of bad gameplay doesn’t work. They come to the forums to complain.
  13. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

Robot Sidekick tanked like a boss LOL.

I started out about 50% having to solo heatwave when I started running the normal duo after finishing elite renown. Basic MO is my partner will stand still and get killed by the flamethrower. It's honestly not worth trying to pickup when you have a high risk of being killed yourself going for the pickup. Similar story in the Zoom fight in the alert, forcing your group members to do a pickup is putting a target on them for Zoom to kill as well LOL. With all the various AOEs going on in this episode, including the raids, best strategy is don't die. This DLC feels like the can't pickup or don't die DLC.
    With my League members we definitely double DPS heatwave because it's so much faster. With a healer we found it so much faster to just ignore the fire supressment cogs and DPS, we switched to 2 DPS and found it that much easier. As the video shows, having pets out is a huge help as heatwave will target them. We run 2 robot sidekicks, 6 henchmen, 2 damage pets. Heathave is dead while the pets are still out.
  14. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I’ve done it as a 322 HL dps. I only did it because everyone kept leaving at start of duo when they saw a 322. Kinda hard to ignore mechanics when everything is trying to one shot you lol. Learn mechanics real quick.

I when I solo it I always stay by the entrance going left to right back and forth. When cogs are up I wait for the skull and run to the computers to hit the cog. People just think they can ignore mechanics die and blame the mechanics that they ignored lol
  15. PTFreeze Well-Known Player

yh you are right i found this out late too with the pets he focus on but there are points i never understand at amazo the easy enemy we got bats and cyborg ...at heatwave we got no one but heawave got plasticmen....this is still an duo ..i dont say i cant be done that would be stupid but heatwave do area attacks and SPAM his flamethrowers if u get to close and even if u stand away from heatwave u can run in his fire pools if you pay attention there is still plasticmen ...witch even pushed me sometimes back in the firepools tbh if we do supercharges they dont got mutch effect ...dont ask me why we even got them.....but our enemys get attacks that kill u in seconds

lets talk about the alert and zoom he drags and throwns you around like an ping pong ball....i was fighting johnny quick in the sm and there isnt really mutch diffrence between them i think we should be able to take controll about our enemys to likr they do with us
    i dont say i wont fight but this mechanics to runaway is crap and not fighting you be more busy with run and block as with do attacks
  16. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

That's the secret recipe to soloing ANYTHING as a Controller. We can't heal without Lern's and even Mental's shield game isn't on par with a Tank; aggro drop, "durable pets", and run like hell.
  17. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

I've done it WITH the cascading flame pools, I'd rather not is the short answer - for the above-mentioned reasons - but yes, it can be done solo. And it could be done with a DPS in certain builds.

I'd say with pretty much ANY Controller class, for example, using the exact same distraction method I use here - aggro shift, RSK, and mobility focus - probably also a mobile Fire ST Build with a couple self-healing additions, and pretty much anyone can just run away, hurt stuff, and Lern's heal.

Not sure I'd wanna try it with Muni, Rage Melee, or an Earth Jackhammer build, that seems suicidal.

Galea's technically a Controller in this build; she can defense debuff, but she still has about 52.5K standing Precision unbuffed (closer to 57 with Adaptive Augments in that content) only one "useful" stun, and a POT that infrequently breaks 1500 so she's definitely closer to a full-function DPS (and has in fact placed top in both old and relevant content Raids for damage out using this particular build).

The main difference between this and her full-Precision "Dps who has Power Return" Controller Build is the addition of enough actual Controller gear to bring her Dominance up to the 12K range, which is enough ancillary Dominance to make the Invisibility, HLS, and even Grandeur functional, as opposed to momentarily protective. But yeah.

Heatwave's a ******. Or something.
    • Like x 1
  18. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I've solo'd it in DPS role. I had hard light and my detaunt/immunity shield in. I also tried as much as possible to have him hit the consoles and proc his cog but just let it expire to buy time for shield and SC cooldowns.
    • Like x 1
  19. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

now I need one of them fancy tea drinkin' memes.
  20. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

Speaking of soloing, i just switch to tank or heals when the other guy dies. I know i aint picking them up because if i do...i die too. I have a support armory set up so i can still be heals but with dps crits and some increased might and dps powers. Slow and steady wins the race...unless you nuke heatwave first!!