Have the Premium Players got a Escrow Increase?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by XODUIS, Feb 21, 2015.

1. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

I would like to see something else:
    • a fourth access level, that is granted for spending more than 100 $ on DCUO with a cash cap of 3000 or 4000, which will solve the cash cap problem for the next ~ 2 or 4 years*...
    *3000 would cover the cost of 5 k.o.s until cr ~170, 4000 would cover the repair costs of 5 k.o.s until cr ~240
    • Like x 2
  2. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

Yes it would.I would also like too see things on the broker go down a bit i mean its like 25000 for a base item kinda crazy if you ask me.
  3. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

Broker is balanced by demand and availability of items and it is not problem that it is mostly limited to those with AllAccess membership. I is not required to play content, but repaired gear is certainly required to play content.

Premium players are not asking for much - they want the content they bought to be playable without additional purchases from the marketplace. To be precise: DCUO is currently moving into a pay-to-play model...
    • Like x 1
  4. TrueGODofMarvel New Player

Premiums want more choices. You missed the point man.
  5. FESTER665 Devoted Player

It's already four years old buddy.... We got our sweet new posters and a league hall large poster to commemorate.

Although I agree it's very underwhelming in the marketplace... Can't remember the last time I bought something in there besides replays and supplies during a 50% off sale.
    • Like x 2
  6. FESTER665 Devoted Player

There are no more premiums. You're either a member or a non-member. :D
    • Like x 2
  7. TrueGODofMarvel New Player

If the game says Premium login que, there are still premiums. But alas that is an agree to disagree discussion.

I will kindly ask you to stop disregarding premiums as if they don't exist. But if you won't do that, please refrain from attempting to tell me specifically that they don't exist. Howl at the moon that premiums are no longer acknowledged if you want. But when you quote my post and attempt to convince me that premiums are worthless it only incites my emotions.

It is better for me, not to violate any forum guidelines.
    • Like x 2
  8. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

The marketplace isn't though :p it was added in June/July 2011.
    • Like x 3
  9. Derio 15000 Post Club

There are only 3 choices
    1. Play the game as a member
    2. Play the game as premium with restricted access
    3. Play something else

F2P falls in with premium because they are still restricted access but dont really matter until they buy something.

The cast cap isnt going anywhere, simply because getting someone to be legendary is the ultimate marketing goal.
    • Like x 1
  10. FESTER665 Devoted Player

Please show me ONE thread where I said "premiums" don't exist..... All I have ever said is that if you watch how the developers speak on the subject now they consistently refer to them as members and non-members since they switched to all access.... I'm just reading what they're saying.

Ask any non-members in the league if I act like they "don't exist" and you'll get a resounding no. If I had a dollar for everytime I've given away stacks of sodas, or EI's or made free mods for non-members in the league I could pay for a sub for a few years.
    • Like x 1
  11. FESTER665 Devoted Player

Boo this man! :D
    • Like x 1
  12. TrueGODofMarvel New Player

When you say

THERE ARE ONLY MEMBERS AND NON-MEMBERS.

what the heck do you think that means? Because it sure as heck doesn't mean premiums are being acknowledged. Non-members was already what premium and FTP players were before this new "official" term. What changed? Nothing. The definition of a premium in this game is someone who is not subscribed. Always has been.

If I say premium and you try to correct me, what are you actually trying to tell me? Here's an analogy:

I say: I'm Canadian
    You "correct me and say: Actually there is only Americans, and non-Americans.

Do you see where my issue with this new "term policing" stems from? Why I have a problem with people regurgitating that Member and Non-member NONSENSE?
  13. Gamma Lantern Committed Player

Lol the content premium players buy IS playable....Just because it is more of a hassle to repair and buy sodas does not make the content unplayable.....

Go legendary of stop complaining
    • Like x 4
  14. FESTER665 Devoted Player

So you mean a non-member. :D

Just because someone is a non-member doesn't mean they're not a customer though. I just prefer to mention tiers like the developers themselves do. You would have to go back to pre-all access I'm guessing to see them mention the words premium or legendary...

Go through all of Mepps' posts in the announcements section... DLC is available for members now, and in the marketplace for non-members. Dark Knight Batman in legends... Unlockable for marks for members, and in the marketplace for non-members.... Unlimited cash is a perk for members, non-members have options available in the marketplace, Etc.
    • Like x 1
  15. Requake Dedicated Player

No. /thread
    • Like x 1
  16. FESTER665 Devoted Player

I wouldn't go as far as to say become a member or stop complaining, but they are absolutely able to play every piece of content they pay for. They may have to perform work-arounds or spend more time farming and trading to make their lives easier, but they can in fact play all content.
    • Like x 1
  17. FESTER665 Devoted Player

Interview from 9/19/2011

The announcement of the free to play move comes just seven months after SOE released DC Universe Online. SOE wouldn't go into the exact number of subscribers currently playing the game, but Smedley said numbers are up since the move to megaservers and that free to play was not in response to subscriber numbers.

"In terms of 'Is it a result in a drop in subs' – absolutely not," he said. "This is the right business model. If I can be honest, the game ended up costing a lot more than we thought it would, and this was our preferred business model from day one."
    • Like x 1
  18. RoxyStormbringer Dedicated Player

Repair costs haven't changed since 2011, it's just people aren't used to getting ko'd as frequently as they are. FoS2 was a meat grinder back in the day, because we were all gearing up for it at the same time just as we are now in AF2. You don't have to buy from the MP to repair, but you will need to carry stuff to sell in order to repair. You pick and choose what you pay for instead of buying membership, so you have to live with the limitations of what you bought.
    • Like x 3
  19. Celestial Demon Dedicated Player

Hahaha, very funny guy.

No cash = No available repairs = Unplayable content after you've sold off everything you could to repair in the first place.

just repairing 1 set of broken armor costs 1500-2000+ in which case once your inventory is dried up and your wallet is winded down to 150 (or 15..), you're out of luck to leave that content and beat on open world enemies or pvp bounties for items and cash just to repair to full before you can get back on track for picking up more crap to sell off for repair money, lets also not forget about needing colas as well or that dries up even faster v_v
    • Like x 2
  20. 1ndab0x176 New Player

what? currently moving, what? since launch it was pay to play. u got 1 free month w ur 60 dollar ps3 dcuo disc purchace, after your 30 days u had to sub. subbing guarentees $180 max $120 min per account per yr. freemiums guarentees $40 per yr per account, if they buy all 4 dlc's per yr. add on replays, respects, any other addons both sides purchase, subbing deservse more benefits than non members. the pay for more. sry but math doesnt lie.