Have the Premium Players got a Escrow Increase?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by XODUIS, Feb 21, 2015.

1. NerdGeist Well-Known Player

I have a "crazy" idea: since the most limiting thing on a Premium is the ridiculous 2.000 cash limit, why don't they get an increase based upon DLCs owned? Something like "for each DLC owned, cash limit is increased by 250".
    So a Premium with 4 DLCs would have 3.000 cash limit. Quite helpful already. And so many Premium have lots of DLCs, this would make em have one less thing to complain for a really, really long time.
  2. TrueGODofMarvel New Player

It's a very popular idea.

the most popular ideas go as follows:

Cash Cap increased via DLC purchase
    A new access level above premium, that recognizes monetary contribution to DCUO
    Cash Cap turned into Purchase Cap
    • Like x 1
  3. Prismghost Active Player

........so go back to a failed model, while missing $ premiums spent on market place items+doc
    The cash cap in my opinion is fine, the gear sellable in the new dlc is above or at 2000
  4. DieHarderxx New Player

If the gear that is sellable is above $2000, how is that fine for a premium player that bought the DLC and has an escrow like of $2000? Sounds like escrow limits need to be increased. $250 per DLC is one good idea but I think it should increase per Tier to keep in sync with the content. Maybe $1000 per Tier so at T6, limit is $8k. Or $500 so at T6 limit is $4k.
    • Like x 1
  5. Prismghost Active Player

U realize if they increase escrow the $ cap will still be 2000 :p
  6. NerdGeist Well-Known Player

If it increases per tier, it would pretty much kill the need of DLC.

Myself hit CR 75 as F2P and can go way further, as my leaguemates were willing to give me mods in exchange for exos (I've stacked quite a lot). If my cash cap would increase per Tier, I'd delay my need of a DLC or Legendary even more. They have to make you feel the need to buy something at some point; and increasing the cash cap with each DLC you own is viable both for parties.
  7. FESTER665 Devoted Player

It debate doesn't really matter at this point... They could make it 5k tomorrow and next week we would have a thread "Why is escrow cash cap $5,000 ?!?!? It should be like $250,000 minimum"

I wish they came up with some huge bonus for members and then just unlocked the cash cap for everyone just so we don't get these threads every week.
    • Like x 2
  8. Epiclurker Well-Known Player

The need to buy DLC? Most companies do that via content. If you would stop buying them because of a cash limit increase then that says you don't feel they are very good at the moment.
  9. DieHarderxx New Player

Just the opposite for me as I am a casual player and won't be joining a league. I see at T5, I hit the escrow limit for purchase and at that point I won't be buying anymore DLCs. I bought T1, 2, 3 & 4 for their content to play. I don't want to keep repeating the same things over and over and over just to get to CR75. Way too boring. But once I play through the current DLCs and get my characters leveled, I'll move on to another game. Doubt I will be coming back here after that unless I hear they have adjustable escrow caps for higher level content.
  10. NerdGeist Well-Known Player

Dude, I had 2 pieces of a 78 set as F2P (that lion one from villains, sold at magic wing). With the whole set and some mods even a F2P can make, you'd easily hit around 82. So how come your cap as premium would be 75?
  11. Abisial Committed Player

Goodbye forever then.
  12. Taco Loco Active Player

should be called plebium
  13. zeroman New Player

No and they never should. I give this thread a 1.
    • Like x 1