Have the Premium Players got a Escrow Increase?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by XODUIS, Feb 21, 2015.

1. Celestial Demon Dedicated Player

Because the game was on the verge of failing when it was strictly pay to play before. When it went free to play is when it started surviving.
    • Like x 3
  2. WhiteW0lf Devoted Player

That has been brought up many times before as well. There are many people on these forums both premium and legendary alike that would agree with that statement. However, that doesn't change the fact that being at the premium access level is a choice, and that all premiums were well aware of the limitations when they made that choice, and also when they continue to make that choice.
    • Like x 4
  3. Ghostof91 New Player

Then it would seem smart to keep all members pleased wouldnt it.
  4. Celestial Demon Dedicated Player

So how about those of us who are premium because we don't have the real option/chances of being legendary due to real world consistencies and such? Are we included in that category of "we're premium because we want to be"? Because assumptions of everyone in an entire group doesn't look very well on a record (unless the group involves hackers, script-kiddies, and glitchers, then assume away, no one cares about them).
    • Like x 1
  5. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

I think the problem is that they don't know how to be a free to play game. Look at the marketplace and what's available and you'll be unable to disagree.

If the current marketplace offering was the result of a marketplace being live for 1 month, you could easily forgive them. But we've just entered year 3 and are rapidly approaching year 4 and it's still unbelievably underwhelming.
    • Like x 7
  6. Minnion Devoted Player

Because clearly wanting more choices makes us evil... Yeah we know our choices, which are as follows:
    • Quit the game(Bad for busness.)
    • Accept what we have gotten from the DLC we've bought and choose to continue to buy DLC(Good for business, but is in danger of becoming an unappealing wreck compared the other two options if mismanaged. Can potentially be better for business than it is if properly managed.)
    • Subscribe(Also good for business, but either doesn't appeal to or is not financially viable for everyone... Making DLCs unappealing does not increase the appeal or viability of this option.)

Choices I'd like to see added or changed in relation to how we use our cash:
    • Purchasable cash cap expander.(Part of the deal as I understand it is that the company can add new products to their store.)
    • Purchasable unlock that lets us trade and mail cash.(Ideally one that lasts indefinitely, since without unlimited escrow it's value would be diminished.)
    • Lower prices on withdraw tokens(Ideally cheap enough to be purchased for 50SC or less, they are consumable in nature and people will always want access to more of their escrow so long as it's caped.)
    • The cash cost of repairs at end game are high enough(some would say too high), it should be capped off at where it is at.(Making repair costs for the next tier of gear detracts from the value of stand alone DLC, as DLCs are your other predictable source of income, needlessly reducing it's value is a bad idea for the same reason removing perks from subscriptions would be considered a bad idea.)
    • Like x 4
  7. WhiteW0lf Devoted Player

Not even close. For starters, dlc are not limited to non-subscribers. The cash cap has absolutely nothing to with anything released in dlc content. The options are as follows.

1. Don't play

2. Play for free: Very limited but still can be fun for a while

3. Play at premium level: purchase everything you want and nothing else. Restrictions apply, including cash cap.

4. Subscribe: Get everything in the game available to you plus bonus SC and RB.

The choice is yours.
    • Like x 5
  8. Vyltran Loyal Player

No increase for premium cash guys.. its like letting legendary pay premium's bills? nahh...

If you like to buy every DLC when launched, why you can't at least buy a few escrow tokens?. They are cheaper than you think. ;)

Btw, OP.. next time use search engine.. that will avoid talking about the same topic 50950230x times when we already know the answer.
    • Like x 3
  9. Celestial Demon Dedicated Player

And yet I'm sure that if Legendary had more kick to it beyond unlimited escrow, all access (pc), and a week advance on new content, you wouldn't be here talking about "premiums should stay here with these toys" and would instead be talking about "well, legendary has this toy, this bazooka, and this nuclear warhead, why not let the premiums have a little more? But the warhead is mine!!!"
  10. L T Devoted Player

No. They're not. They're not even a good deal at 50% off.
  11. SuperNerdGeekOverkill Dedicated Player

Stack stuff. Sell it when you need money.
    Some people don't do that. Ran HoH today with a random who didn't. After a dozens of deaths on his part, his cr went from 110+ to 40-
    ...despite having been to the repair vendor in the instance.
    • Like x 1
  12. lukelucky Devoted Player

back injury put me out of work last few months. premium and without the dlcs? no way.
  13. Minnion Devoted Player

You still aren't getting my point... We are asking for more choices, the existence of our current choices do not make a compelling argument against the requests presented time after time here... Why don't you get that? If it was a compelling argument these threads wouldn't keep popping up.

Anyways my feedback for the Devs is largely unchanged.

It would be nice if we could get a cash cap increase just like we can get an increase to our inventory.(I am sure you are smart enough to keep any increase small enough to preserve the value of unlimited escrow.

It would be nice if the crafting restrictions were loosened.(Do not confuse this with them being removed entirely, but lets be honest, we are nearing T-7 content, what is the point of not letting us craft T-4 items at this point in the games lifespan? People want the T-6+ mods these days.)

The repair costs are high enough, raising them further as we advance through to T-7+ content is pointless and could ultimately hurt DLC sales at this point in time. There is such a thing as too much friction after all, and I don't think you guys would really want to rub us raw with it.

The escrow withdrawal tokens cost too much. Ideally they should be amongst your impulse items, like replay badges, this convenient thing that people buy without a second thought because they saw something on the Broker, or want to craft something... If they cost too much people will actually stop and think "Do I really need this to get what I want?" and then they realize that it would be cheaper to just buy a synthetic mod and sell/trade the bits for something they really want.

The restriction on trading cash: Why is a subscription the only way to remove this restriction? Even the escrow cap has the seven day escrow unlock to remove it at the premium level(Which I still consider horribly overpriced for what it is.)... It really makes no sense to me why premiums can't simply buy this like they can DLCs and Bank space.
    • Like x 3
  14. DarkSpectro New Player

I wish they could give an option to become legendary through steam.

: (
  15. DieHarderxx New Player

Yea it is an investment firm who's purpose is to get a return on their investment. They don't really care about the game. Just how they will get a return. There might not even be a game in year or two. If their plan is to break up all the assets and sell them off, that is what they will be doing. Of course they won't be telling us that as they need to keep it all intact until such time that they can execute their plan.
    • Like x 1
  16. 1ndab0x176 New Player

no and it never will. i think you mean cash cap. escrow is any money u cant use due to ur lack of sub and it has NO LIMIT
    • Like x 4
  17. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Premium is a brilliant fallacy. You start as a F2P character, get into the game, play until the mid T3 point, then you have 'Decisions' to make, do you subscribe (which costs 15 a month) or just buy the one or two DLCs you need to survive and progress... They're only 10 dollars and once you buy it, it IS yours...

However, eventually the truth comes out - life really is easier, in-game, if you Subscribe. By this point in *MY* game career, I had already purchased 7 DLCs, and I still bought two more after that 'just to have them' even though I *WAS* a Legendary member, under the fallacious line of logic that 'Well someday if I wanna keep playing but don;t wanna pay for the sub I'll still have DLCs!'.

And since then I've only been Premium for about 2 total weeks of the last year and a half straight.
    • Like x 2
  18. WhiteW0lf Devoted Player

If you are premium because you literally have no choice, then it was obviously not a decision you made. But it doesn't change the terms of the service options.

I don't have the fastest internet my provider could give me, or the largest television package, or a bigger house or a nicer car because I cannot afford those things. This does not give me the right to demand or expect them however. I had to choose what I could within my budget, just like someone who cant afford to pay for legendary does In dcuo.
    • Like x 4
  19. Gunny New Player

The premium cash cap is probably the single most debated topic overall in these forums.

However, that being said, the developers themselves have already made clear stances on this topic on numerous occasions that definitely state that FOR THE TIME BEING, there will be no adjustments to the cash limits.

This should not limit people from purchasing any gear, as all prices for gear are capped at $2000, which was done specifically to prevent premium players to be excluded from content they purchased access to.

Their stance on the matter might change down the road, perhaps DBG may see a different perspective on the matter. For the time being though, i really would not be too hopeful on anything at all being adjusted. Of course, voice your opinions on the matter, but do know the scenario and current positions in the matter. They are very one-sided in favor of the current setup right now.
    • Like x 3
  20. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

premiums havent gotten **** added for them. If your not legendary your a nobody, hell you mise well be F2P in everyone's eye including Developers, its even advertised as "Membership Means More"