has WM made trolling less fun for anyone else?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Yolo, May 4, 2014.

1. Black Jaq Devoted Player

They skipped the mobs leading up the to sub bosses until after the sub boss, then they die. Therefore, they are skipping content because they are not fighting them. In the beginning, Berserk SC helps take care of matters rather quickly. The lions are the worse part of the mobs and there are plenty in the crowds leading up the hills to the bosses.
  2. Yolo New Player

i'd rather do more controller things than do damage because i'm bored because my role is hardly needed.
  3. Feenicks New Player

In runs I do controllers are very welcome. Our league has some very good controllers and they are needed. I'm grinding up a controller alt because they are still very much needed. Not sure who you hang around with, but the world I'm in they are loved.
    • Like x 3
  4. Yolo New Player

never said unwelcomed. i said not needed. because dps don't need to use power anymore i find myself wondering why i'm even there. i could leave and they'd still complete the content.
  5. MasterOfTheHunt Well-Known Player

Alright all you you guys and gals complaining - saying there is no challenge to trolling - must not know what a actual controller is.
    I shouldn't have to explain it because people have already posted it, but for some reason people still say the same thing
    Trolls - Main focus is CC= Crowd Control, then power.
    I never used my troll for groups that just wanted a battery, if the Dps can't do damage without power then they need to work on their feats.
    • Like x 1
  6. Feenicks New Player

I said welcomed, needed, and loved. Maybe it's the way you play controller.
    • Like x 1
  7. Laff Riot New Player

Yes and no. Yes it has become a little boring since we dont have to work so hard. But it does make it more fun to try to DPS while trolling. I do like that we are no longer just batteries as well.
  8. Yolo New Player

i give power and cc or debuff when necessary. is that not the controller role?
  9. Feenicks New Player

Then I guess it IS you.

Never fear. Controllers (and healers and tanks) are needed and loved. Learn your role not only as a controller but how you can completely contribute to the team and you should do just fine.
  10. Yolo New Player

you haven't really proven otherwise....
  11. Dephyre Committed Player

The game needs us all.

/thread
    • Like x 2
  12. Dazuzi New Player

Did you miss the part where I said "... which only changed the time."? The only effect skipping the mobs has is the total run time. We've done it the slow way, but since the idea was to run it was fast as possible, obviously we skipped them. Those little lions die quite fast anyway, and all the tank needs to do is to pull them. Problem solved.

I was asking how would healing or CCing benefit us. You should read the earlier posts to catch up. Also, I recommend you try running it with similar setup, it's extremely easy and fast.

EDIT: you didn't point out any exploits. Please do elaborate on that subject.
  13. Feenicks New Player

Maybe not to you, but to the others reading who are good and experienced support roles they understand. Good enough for me.
    • Like x 1
  14. Yolo New Player

ha. i'm good at my role that's why i don't find it challenging anymore. focusing on damage is not the main priority for support roles.
  15. Dazuzi New Player

The problem is quite simple: trolls have been reduced to lame versions of damage dealers. There's barely any need for power, debuffs are pointless when fighting against mobs and there's no need for CC if there's a tank. Even if you start debuffing mobs and CCing everything, even then the challenge doesn't start to compare with what it used to be.

Before WM you had to work hard to do ALL that. It made the role fun and challenging.
  16. Feenicks New Player

I never said it was the main priority.
  17. Feenicks New Player

I've been reading several say this but my experiences show otherwise. So, being as a bird in the hand is worth more then twwo in the bush, I'll have to disagree.
  18. Yolo New Player

exactly so why then is everyone saying to rely on that to keep the role fun.
  19. Feenicks New Player

No one is saying that's a controller's main priority.
  20. Yolo New Player

yes but im saying that it's already too easy to complete the main priority.