Has the CR bug been Fixed or Did Hand Blasters get Nerfed?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Dipin Gujral, Sep 21, 2015.

1. Dipin Gujral Committed Player

I was on my Sorcery DPS and my equipped CR was 136 as I was using 121 CR Hand blasters for the past couple of days.

Stats:
    Might: 11092
    Precision: 5138

Solar Flame
    Prior to today
    Average hits: 4000 to 6000
    Crits: 11000 to 13000
    Today
    Average hits: 3000 to 5000
    Crits: 9000 to 12000

Scissor Kick:
    Prior to today
    Average hits: 9000 to 12000
    Crits: 20000 to 25000
    Today
    Average hits: 6000 to 10000
    Crits: 11000 to 15000

I finally got the 123 Hand blasters today and got the equipped CR to 137 and did not notice much of a difference and the average hits were nearly the same as 121 with little or no change.

Can anyone else compare how hand blaster are doing or is the CR bug still active and has not been fully resolved?

Thanks in advance!
  2. Delta795 New Player

That's because the 123 have nominal stat difference, and unless multiple CR increase you won't see a large jump
    • Like x 1
  3. Dipin Gujral Committed Player

What about the drop in combo damage? I am seeing lower numbers on both solar flame combo and scissor kick than what I have recorded in the past.
  4. Broken Soui Dedicated Player

Sounds like the CR bug. I'm sitting at 135 with the 123 hand blasters. Mine are still criting at 20 k ish on the test dummies.
  5. Dipin Gujral Committed Player

Yes, my critical hit damage used to hit over 20K as well but it's not going any higher than 15K now.
  6. QuagmirePrime Well-Known Player

Check to make sure your generator mods and boosts are active. Or league proficiencies.
  7. DarkNovaBlaze Dedicated Player

Make sure you haven't spec'd into the HB Mastery point at the top right of the tree. If you do, the damage of certain combos is reduced.
    • Like x 1
  8. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

to be fair you are attacking dummies :p

hes prob hitting adds and bosses in DC elite which are CR139-141 lol so the dmg is going to be lower.
  9. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

The WM point at the top does more dps. I can get the 20k hits with it but without it drops to 18k or 19k. This is with SK hand blast combo.
  10. CollKev Well-Known Player

League proficiencies most likely or check ur base mods.
    • Like x 1
  11. Dipin Gujral Committed Player

I was similarly testing on dummies.
  12. Dipin Gujral Committed Player

How does that affect weapon combo damage?
  13. Dipin Gujral Committed Player

All are currently active.
  14. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

1, 3, or 8? if its 1 then sure I could see the concern. But if its not the exact same as you had done before then its nothing to worry about.
  15. Dipin Gujral Committed Player

I was testing on a single target which means a single dummy. Single dummy gives a better idea of the strength of weapon combos with lesser variables to get a better idea.
  16. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

For scissor kick the WM should not make a difference, damage should be the same.

If you are using Solar Flame and have your full SC bar up, then no WM should be doing more damage:
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...eapons-in-dcuo-weapon-mastery-edition.210326/
  17. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

18. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

WM Amounts

The other way around. If you get that, certain combos base damage increases. For HBs, specifically, Fist Slam, Uppercut, Solar Flame, and Meteor Blast. I believe you're thinking of the crits for a Might-based AM, for which unlocking it is a waste of skill points that could be better put elsewhere. (see above)

You're correct, because the OP is Sorcery, using a non-melee weapon.
    • Like x 1
  19. DarkNovaBlaze Dedicated Player

This is incorrect. I'm not talking about crits nor AMs. I'm talking about weapon combos themselves. I know what the weapon trees say in-game but they are misleading. They actually say the opposite of what is true.

If you test it out yourself, you'll see that all the weapon combos mentioned in the description of the Mastery point at the top right of every weapon tree actually do more damage when that point is not unlocked.

Edit: In fact, you can see this in Shiny Mackerel's thread linked above by LeagueOfV.
  20. Dipin Gujral Committed Player