HardLight Damage in PVP is stupid op....!!

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by CaptainPoptart, Jul 16, 2015.

1. Swiftduck Loyal Player

So from reading this thread, the general consensus is that

HL needs to be scaled UP in PVE

&

HL needs to be scaled DOWN in PVP.

Sounds fair to me.

Devs, make it happen.
  2. thedemonocus Loyal Player

yes they can it happens to me all the time

now that i think about it shouldn't this thread be in the pvp section?
  3. Sabigya Steadfast Player

There is an uncounterable Hl combo. It can wipe off an enemy's health without opening a single counter window.
    • Like x 3
  4. Ghostof91 New Player

I'll get over it once Mental gets its 1 shot back from the 2 finishers and scissor kick gets back its damage because accoring to my observation, hl is just as broken as those.;)

Edit: Just a thought how can anyone defend such a broken powerset?
    • Like x 2
  5. CaptainPoptart Committed Player

If Hl was as broken as it is in pvp in pve how would you feel? How about you take a walk in our footsteps as pvpers ....
  6. thedemonocus Loyal Player

what is this so called uncounterable combo? i have done every combo you can do with HL and every single 1 results in me on the ground from a knockdown, i'm actually getting very frustrated with HL because i can't get 1 hit out of a combo without getting knocked down and i'm starting to feel like i'm at a huge disadvantage in pvp and pve

i can't get any power back because as soon as i start a combo i get knocked down and have to start it over again and end up running out of power,almost everyone i fight in pvp is either a healer or fire so i can never do enough damage to them to matter and its very frustrating. at this point i just want to get my full set of gotham knight armor for the style and then quit pvp because i really hate it

sorry if i'm ranting but i just logged off after losing to bunch of nature and sorcery healers yet again because i could not do any damage to them and all my combos were interrupted and i got flattened by their am so i'm really frustrated right now
  7. Sabigya Steadfast Player

Their is a combo but I really do not want to post it as their are people abusing it in Arenas. There was even a video but it was taken down because people came across it and started using it.
    • Like x 2
  8. ACW37162 Loyal Player

There are still HL players?
    • Like x 1
  9. Viridian Pyre Level 30

Well, instead of whining and screaming "nerf it, it's OP", we would (hopefully) discuss how to fix and balance it without ruining the power. Screaming for nerfs only causes problems, mainly ruining the fun of the game for many players, and solves nothing in the long term. Try adding something constructive to the conversation if you really want to help make the game better.
    • Like x 1
  10. HOLY FORCE New Player

Ive spent a millions hrs trying to research how to counter HL users in arenas and have found absolutely nothing on Google or YouTube. The only information that is available is how to create an indestructible load-out that requires zero skill. Every exp HL user Ive encountered spam the same damn craptastic moves . Your either controlled,stunned or block broken with no way to interrupt etc etc. Also theirs no requirement for HL users to do there full animation, if it was a requirement you could at least counter by blocking.Ive tried so many different strategies all ending in failure. At first I even thought the players were using macro's or cheating but now I know the truth.

Right now I'm playing with Munitions which does sick dps once the AM of Bullet frenzy is in effect, yet all my powers can be interrupted. thus requiring me to use skill to evade such situations. This is only fair considering the amount of damage that can be generated if my powers were all uninterruptible then then it would become a giant spam fest like HL.

Today I faced a level 12 HL user in arenas. They were garbage and used the same tactic over and over but because they were able to do some much damage my window of opportunity was zero. He could interrupt my power-set with ease but I wasn't allowed to return the favor pure BS.

Also Ive noticed the same players that use HL are never to be seen in legends PVP. I firmly believe that they wont play legends because they cant perform there lame as s uninterpreted BS and that it would actually require skill for them to win. I know there's OP iconic s in legends but it's still way more balanced then arenas.

Lastly I cant believe that anyone in there right mind would decide to increase the dps from an existing OP power-set without allowing a counter window. Like most games when using NUKE type powers there has to be a risk/reward for such action. If you have skill and timing it will be used effectively but if you've made a bad choice, punishment for such action would be swift.

HL= NO RISK,PLENTY OF REWARD

NUFF SAID
    • Like x 4
  11. CollKev Well-Known Player

You obviously have no plan to execute your combo. You will need robot side kick, inspiration chompers and a breakout. Use break out, then sinpiration and chompers and grasping hand combo all the way to fan and clip fan with inspiration. You get power back buffed prec and critical and all your powers stun. Try it and tell me hard light isnt op, you cant even counter it.
  12. HOLY FORCE New Player

LOL really don't tell him how to be OP, like I said earlier the amount of HL video's on YouTube for load-outs and rotations is sick. Now you've created a monster.
  13. MrB Dedicated Player

At level 12 you don't have enough sp to be that dangerous or pp. At lvl 12 you get 6 pp that you can use that can get you part of the combo that is called uninterupatable. Seems to be you just got your butt kicked by a lvl 12.

Don't get me wrong I think they messed up big time with this update but if you're getting beat by a lvl 12 , no matter what power, there is something you need to do about how you play.
  14. Derio 15000 Post Club

Stop crying nerf, show video proof or its not true
  15. CollKev Well-Known Player

Im sorry sir. I shall destroy the monster. Tell me how to delete my comment.
  16. thedemonocus Loyal Player

well i guess HL is not op because that combo does not work its the same result i get as far as the light blast or guns and bam on my but again losing 80% of my health in 1 shot
    sometimes i'm knocked down right after hand clap, the other option is to start with fan but even that you can get to the train and then the next combo you get knocked down and the same happens when you start with light claws.
    people seem to be immune to chompers so they only work sometimes but most of the time they do nothing so the end result is no matter what combo i try to use it ends with me on the ground and its very frustrating

i don't think HL needs a nerf i think it needs a buff
    • Like x 1
  17. Pumpkie Active Player

Yes sometimes it hits 12k+ with combo that is cannot be countered funny :D
  18. CollKev Well-Known Player

You clearly don't know how to use it. Why would you go to light blast or minigun you must be foolish. You are protecting an op power.
    • Like x 2
  19. Vyltran Loyal Player

I don't want to discuss anything, cause thanks to you guys crying about OP powers you are making people fun time go down for childish stuff like this. HL is not the same as it used to be, deal with it bro.
    • Like x 1
  20. CollKev Well-Known Player

Just how long do you perform your combo? Do you know you are only permitted to two combos after the second combo you can be countered?