HAPPY 6TH BIRTHDAY DCUO

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by StupidCarrot29, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Bose Well-Known Player

I give them 1.5-2 years.
    • Like x 1
  2. TLantern Developer

What does DCUO mean to me? Well, it means a lot. Every day I get to create something new for you guys to experience. I get to come up with new content that involves some of my favorite characters of all time. To say what that means to me is very hard indeed. But what really makes it worth it is when I hear how much fun you guys have playing our content.

So here's to DCUO, and here's to our players! Thank you guys so much for making the past 6 years truly amazing!!

-TLantern
    • Like x 13
  3. BLK Well-Known Player

Thoughts on Tedd/Mepps and his jokes about time capsules ect on the discord chat?

Happy bday dcuo
  4. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

I rate DCUO 5/7
    • Like x 1
  5. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Any chance we'll see Firestorm?
  6. darkscarletx Loyal Player

I`d enjoy your game a lot more if all the game from begin to end could be meaningful for progression and fun. Right now, the game is like picking gears on the ground like peanuts and you can only play when you arrive at the end. Some participation and balance would be more enjoyable and with a story too to make the game more interesting. Also work more on open world. I kinda lost interest and find final fantasy 14 more appealing right now. Sorry to say that, just how i feel now about dcuo.

Just a feedback. Thank you.
  7. TheSapphire Well-Known Player

Happy Anniversary DCUO! The first 6 years have brought me fun and new friends. And nothing is better than having fun with your friends. :) Love to Justice Girls and the DCUO Community!

Now for a time capsule. Here is how the game looked at the close at Beta.

Want to go back even further? Here is a video from 2009 when the game was still in development. You get to see Jens Andersen playing the mental power set using a "head power source" to shoot blasts from his head. He also switches into defensive mode which means you have a tank using mental powers. The PvP opponent is shooting electricity from a staff which is pretty cool. Electricity didn't become a power in the live game until well after launch.

• Like x 2
  8. Bose Well-Known Player

I love playing the content you make I just despise how it's implemented with the replay centric design.
  9. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Seems like some really interesting options, including choosing which body part your powers would come from, and multiple degrees of super-strength, went by the wayside in early game development.

I would so love to see more made of super-strength, with five different levels of increased strength of size of objects liftable and destroyable, and much more destroyability added to the environments, so we should smash through buildings and down on roofs and knock off huge chunks of buildings, etc., depending on our strength and speed. It would add so much more to the game for me.
  10. sepiaskidmark Committed Player

I cancelled my sub and deleted the game, too bad, I had good memories but I refuse to support this game anymore and I honestly see it on the downfall.
    • Like x 1
  11. The Cat-Lady Well-Known Player

Happy 6th Anniversary, DCUO!

As an avid roleplayer, I enjoy taking-in the sights and sounds of Gotham City, Metropolis, and Central City, running missions for Wonder Woman, Batman, and Superman, and showing the criminal underworld what it means to "hit like a girl" (*winks to Wonder Woman*).

I appreciate being able to auto-level to CR100, as it allows me to play older content and feel super as I barrel through low- and mid-range NPCs like my character is a DC comics icon, yet still learn where I need to shore things up so that I can be a productive member of a Duo/Alert/Raid team.

Thanks, Devs, for making such a splendid game in which I can indulge my roleplaying fantasies!

*purrs*
    • Like x 1
  12. light FX Steadfast Player

I started to play dcuo because i was a DC fan and it looked cool. Ive stayed because of the combat system and the friends ive made along the way. Sadly at this point majority of my friends are on their way out if combat is slowed down. So both reasons i stay will be gone and i guess i will be too. Hope that doesnt happen tho. Ive stayed 4 years because i love the game and id love nothing more then to stay another 4 years :D

Oh yea, i get to be batman :cool:
  13. Seethra Well-Known Player

Happy anniversary DCUO!

I am a big fan of the DC universe, and I find myself enjoying the created world greatly, including the highly customizable appearances.
    The combat system is great, and fiddling with my own lair is another great feature.

And lets not forget Leagues. Playing with like minded folk is always a big plus.
  14. TheSapphire Well-Known Player

I might be remembering this wrong, but I'm pretty sure there's a video where Jens or someone says everyone will be able to play all three roles in addition to DPS. The idea was to make it easy for groups because anyone could tank, heal or control. Maybe that idea was too difficult to implement. I also love the look of the city before Brainiac bottled parts of it.
  15. BO PERRY_CRS Well-Known Player

DCUO is my pastime and has been since January 11, 2011. Before that Id play a little MADDEN her and there and had actually fell off the gaming scene. I understand many of aren't happy with the coming changes to game but I say, "ROLL WITH IT"! Things must and always do change...Ive witnessed several big changes since 2011 with this game and Im pretty sure I will log on again later tonight as I have done for years, and ENJOY it! Even my daughters, who were Elementary school kids when I start playing have toons now!

Here's to many more years of DCUO!
    • Like x 2
  16. The Cat-Lady Well-Known Player

Thanks, dear Devs, for the amazing Anniversary gift!

Getting a boost to Cr100 gives *many* perks (and purrs):

1. A *full* set of Traces In Time armor (apparently a difficult set to amass);
    2. Saving *hundreds* of Marks of Victory on pre-Cr88/87 gear;
    3. A generous stipend of Skill Points (more SP if you create a new character, but still appreciated on my established one);
    4. Free Feats;
    5. Time saved in trying to complete various non-gameplay accomplishments;
    6. Less grind and more time spent in enjoying the environment of a DC world and the hard work the Devs have done to give it to us.
    • Like x 1
  17. Pults Loyal Player

Holds no value to anyone who dedicated their time to achieve them.
    The gift was the event, CR boost and free SP is an attempt to get in new players since getting back old players would take a lot more effort.
  18. The peoples Badguy Committed Player

The Bad One loves this great game because he can smack people around, make them cry, make them look stupid,totally crush a person's dreams and not get arrested for it and sleep safe at night with dreams of killing hero's. Happy Born Date DCUO.
  19. SkullGang Devoted Player

Dcuo...the reason why I got a 1st on my Dissertation and left university with a 2:1. Thank you.
  20. bmce84 Loyal Player

Had you asked me that question 7 months ago I would have said I was happy that even though they made a lot of mistake he past year there was still some signs of improvement, sadly I can't say the same today. Too many quick rich schemes and not enough attention to content other than how many more ways we can get them to spend on replay badges. The revamp seems to tie in to needing the TC mods, and we already know we'll need the feats anyway. I honestly have mixed feelings about the game right now, I want to be hopeful and thankful but I just can't seeing what seems to be the route the game is taking.
    • Like x 2