HAPPY 6TH BIRTHDAY DCUO

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by StupidCarrot29, Jan 11, 2017.

1. StupidCarrot29 Well-Known Player

Its DCUOS's 6th anniversary!! Go and play with your mates today to celebrate!! But before you go... please reply what DCUO means for you and what you expect from it in the future! :D

SEE YA ALL AT THE 10th YEAR ANNIVERSARY!!! :D :D :D
    • Like x 2
  2. Brother Allen Loyal Player

The combat system is the main reason I play DCUO. If it wasn't for it I wouldn't be here.
    • Like x 5
  3. MaverickRaven657 Well-Known Player

And that's my precise fear with the revamp. I hate the slow pace... it's frigging lethargic.
    • Like x 6
  4. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

I'm so happy that we've made it this far and cannot wait for 6 more years. XD

I love DCUO for the storylines, the ability to completely control the style of my character, and playing with my husband. I am looking forward to #statsmatter finally being done and water coming out. Oh and for this downtime to finally be over.
    • Like x 12
  5. Brother Allen Loyal Player

If they make the combat to slow I'll be dropping my sub and just doing Legends PVP.

If they mess up Legends PVP and slow the combat down I'll probably have to sadly take a break from the game.

Hopefully that doesn't happen though. I really want the revamp to succeed but right now it has a longggggg ways to go.
    • Like x 4
  6. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

For me it's playing with the friends i've made in-game, and the possibility to play with a future spouse (if that is in the cards). And the ability to control my character's style...that's something that i've always fully appreciated, but I somehow gained even MORE appreciation for that after playing Neverwinter for a little while (that was kind of the main reason I stopped playing...after the initial character creation, it never really felt like MY character because options there are so overly complicated and apparently behind a paywall or rather painful grind).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I love all things superhero, and grew up with both Marvel and DC. The chance to play an MMO with so many other human beings (although the way some behave in-game, that's stretching the word sometimes :rolleyes:), with colorful characters and fast paced real-time action...it's just been awesome. My biggest regret is only finding out about the game so late (early 2012) and missing out on some things between beta and the end of year one.

Despite not having been here from THE very beginning, i've been here long enough to witness and adapt to many changes over the years. My biggest wish for the game is that the Devs (Avair in particular) always keep in mind that the one thing that made this game stand out from so many (even if it isn't as popular as others) is that Fast Paced Action-Combat system. Many are deathly afraid of the upcoming changes...i'm not...at least not yet. I just hope they get it right enough to only need some minor tweaks instead of a wholesale from scratch change yet again...so that they can then focus on Quality of Life changes and better marketplace options that are not related to RNG keys. :D
    • Like x 6
  7. SpicyMoonlight Devoted Player

Happy Birthday!
    • Like x 3
  8. Permafrost Imp Active Player

There's only one thing I look forward to, and that's to join a league that doesn't scare me...

And just about all of them do.
    • Like x 2
  9. PsySomatic Extra Life 2020

Happy anniversary everyone!

DCUO for me is still very much enjoyable. With simple things I do myself like using my characters and changing their styles, decorating my bases/league hall, using the broker, farming items, etc.

And things I enjoy with others like hanging out in the open world/watchtower, talking to people and helping others, hanging out in the pvp phase and taking part in huge battles between heroes and villains, running content, running lower tiered content just beating everything up with basic weapon attacks, getting into missions with people at/around tier stuck and being able to "save the day" for them is always enjoyable. :D

Of course there are some issues I have, but everything mentioned above outweigh those issues and keep me playing the game.

As for the future, with the stats revamp I just hope I am able to continue enjoy playing the game as I do now.
    I don't care for TC's but I am happy they are adding new styles to the game, I just would much rather have those items available on the marketplace than in random chance boxes. I still have/will get everything, but a massive amount of players will never be able to have them and I think that is a waste of creating cool new things if only a very small amount of people are going to be able to enjoy them.
    • Like x 4
  10. Duskstrike Well-Known Player

Wow, 6 years! Hard to believe it's been that long. A friend of mine and I played the PS3 beta way back in Nov 2010, and we were immediately hooked. We're still playing together. I knew I was in it for the long haul then, but never really though I'd be playing this game 6 years later.

I really do still dig this game. I love the combat, love the freedom to make comics characters of my own and have them battle alongside the greats of the DC Universe, and I love the lore and immersion of this game world. Here's to the future! Cheers, DCUO.
    • Like x 2
  11. Kayla El Committed Player

What DCUO means to me nothing because of it's recent monetize options.
    What DCUO meant to me everything because of it's brilliant combat system.
    • Like x 3
  12. inferno Loyal Player

Happy Anniversary, Everyone.. I'm DCUO for life. Hope to see everyone in the game for the 10th.
    • Like x 1
  13. Skull Collector Committed Player

• Like x 3
  14. the solowing Steadfast Player

For the first few years i had alot of fun with DCUO, i enjoyed the pvp and getting to fend off the lowbies and the consistent push/pull war in chinatown. But after that updates, PvP became frustrating due to disparity of whats actually going on and the information displayed on screen[IMG]
    PVE lasted me for awhile but then the big thing wasnt cool new encounters, it was auras...Then DCUO felt into a loop cycling through a list of PvE legends, SM, new aura bundle, DLC and then TC and rinse and repeat.. Yet DCUO has actually gave me something more applicable and appreciated. DCUO gave me Roll..Through all the stuff i may get on them about, they have actually made a impact on my life personally. To overcome a barrier i thought you had to be born with to overcome, and giving me a way to put my ranty nature to creative use and having fun doing it and improving on it
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    For DCUO to me, it creates beauties in its flaws and its untapped potential.
  15. Karas2016 Dedicated Player

Hmmm to forget the freezes, the customer service, the weak marketplace, the terrible mechanics that drove all of my friends to other games, happy anniversary, lol.
    • Like x 1
  16. Blight KOBRA Commander

Happy Anniversary Everyone! Here's looking forward to another 6 years (although hopefully style unlocking will be implemented long before that).
    • Like x 1
  17. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Love most of the storylines, the variety of powers and weapons is incredible. When I first started I was shocked that there was a game out there where I could actually roam the cities by flying without having to buy an additional mount or something. My first power was mental and it was super cool to just control things with my mind. DCUO may have its issues but it's underrated in terms of combat and the variety of powers. Most games that I've played would probably consider dual wield or martial arts as its own powerset but it's a mix with DCUO. 14, soon to be 15 powers is also great.
  18. Zenith Well-Known Player

Happy anniversary peeps, old and new. :)
    I'm still here because of the combat system.
    And also the developers regular demonstrations of love, respect and loyalty toward their players. :)
    • Like x 1
  19. Bose Well-Known Player

10 year anniversary? Thats a little hopeful isn't it?
  20. Pults Loyal Player

I predict a year, give or take 3 months.
    • Like x 6