Test Discussion GU97: Weapon Combat Update

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by DCAutymn, Aug 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CrescentMoon Well-Known Player

I'm sorry your personal rotations are bad. Nothing else for me to say really xD If I get 50-60 with alot of weapons and you can't, I guess that just means I'm a better dps. Even ranged dps wise I get 40-50 with several weapon masteries, and if I use HB/Shield clipping, I reach 45-50k, depending on the powerset, 50-60k ranged.
  2. Rushsteel Active Player

You realized they nerfed clipping with most of those weapons besides brawling right? Also are you testing with 273 cr and 160 artifacts or max gear with 200 artifacts buffed up with berserks. Maybe before they ninja nerfed with the update that went up last night you hit those numbers. Infact u can hit more for aoe melee before they ninja nerfed sweep shot ect. Aoe melee is useless though. Only thing that matters is s/t range and s/t aoe for elite content. If you think people care about aoe melee, we are on a different page.
  3. Rushsteel Active Player

When it comes to these weapons also, you have to take in account for how many targets it hits and the damage it splits alongside the radius it applies the damage too. I know 2 weapon combos that parse completely different in 3 targets sparring room but when me and a leaguemate ran one combo each in false elite we had the same dps before we got to the first boss fight. That was because even though one weapon hits harder on paper, in theory it didn't hit as many targets as the other weapon due to its limited range and it only hitting for a small radius compared to the other. That weapon seem broken good in tested but in reality was just as bad as the other weapon which parse much lower compared to might.
  4. CrescentMoon Well-Known Player

I'm parsing at 270cr 28.5k base prec. 200 philo, 200 grim, 200 vwd. Troll power dump with the bot also proc'ing a Tetra. Baseline no trinket/super/etc. for 2-3+ minutes averages. And if they nerfed clipping, I wouldn't be getting results today on test server xD I parsed 60k with dual pistols with gadgets after the sweep shot nerf. S/T range is just DW Flurry because it's one of like 3 pure single target moves in the game. The only other combos that should even be in the ballpark are just Brawling hold hold wm and regular Bow->Flurry if they wanted it. The rest of the combos are AoE and without some form of clipping/cheese, aren't supposed to do well on ST. As of today, as in less than 4 hours ago, AoE range I hit 50k with Quantum HB solar flame clipping and Sorc Shield hold hold clipping. Nature stayed at 55k with HB. Mental and Gadgets I can't even go back and test because test server has gotten laggy to the point I can't even turret jump cancel properly for a 10s parse without 1 messing up and staying on cooldown but those two powersets are above Sorc for obvious reasons.
  5. CrescentMoon Well-Known Player

Take your pick:
    1H Flurry
    1H Flipslah
    MA Smokebomb
    MA Spinning Punch
    BR Haymaker
    DW Stunning Sweep
    Bow Arrow Fling
    DP Sweep Shot
    HB Solar Flame
    Shield *name of 2nd throw I don't even know*

Unless you want to say they all suck at every factor you just listed. Because I'm 50+ with all of them.
  6. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We definitely think the changes we have in place are a big step in the right direction. That said, we expect to continue with adjustments once we're live with these changes and we have a lot more feedback and data to look at across the board.

We really appreciate the testing that did get done. It was tremendously helpful, even if we're not 100% there.
    • Like x 10
  7. Rushsteel Active Player

I know for a fact br haymaker superclip is bad when being used in content. They ninja nerfed dual pistol sweep shot with the last update because now you parse way less. Most of these combos are are actually also aoe melee combos. I couldn't care less if people outdps me by 500% in aoe melee because I want balance for s/t and aoe range. Even with s/t I am fine with the numbers but they need to buff aoe range. No point in argueing this mepps made it clear they will continue to adjust while they can. Results will show on live after the whole game gets to test new prec.
  8. Rushsteel Active Player

Also, when I test the results I never had a troll with tetra buff and only do 10 second parsers. Clearly we used diiferent methods of testing because gadgets with tetra troll constantly fueling your rotation is way different to the way most prec people have been testing. Gadgets prec with a might buff and power from a troll is just too good to compare. Again though as I said with diff stats and assistance we get different results. When testing might rotations, can we test with a troll buffing up with tetra also? This is why those numbers for at least that aoe melee rotation is invalid.
  9. Rejchadar Inquisitor

Bug report:
    The staff is still broken, the combination "Flip Burst Mastery" has 4 !!! not 2 as is written in tooltip, input method :
    1)Tap Melee, Hold Melee, Hold Ranged :
    2)Hold Melee x 2, Hold Ranged :
    3)Tap Melee, Hold Melee x 2, Hold Ranged:
    4)Hold Melee x 3, Hold Ranged:

Method 3 and 4 at the last stage (Hold Range) deals 3 times more damage than method 1 and 2 at the last stage(Hold Range) ... 3 times!!!! more damage !!!

pls dont ignore this time, pls,pls...
  10. CrescentMoon Well-Known Player

If you don't have a tetra passive as might dps, your aoe parses are trasher than the numbers you posted xD The reason I added a troll is because you're missing 20% precision and weapon dps without one in the group and it was supposed to be a comparison to a might dps who was running tetra himself. And in case you missed, I listed mental, nature, sorc, and quantum in that list of 50+ ranged dps. If you want to talk about invalidation, let's talk about that 20% prec you're missing. Let's talk about the 10% prec buff instead of 6% might from the metal augments. Let's talk about how I'm testing with 380sp and the people on live server have 450-480 including your leaguemates. Let's talk about how parasite is one of the most common troll artifacts and I didn't take that into account. Let's talk about the Gemini buffing precision and might which helps hybrid while as might based you only get half of it as being useful. Let's bring in the compound omega since it does the same. Let's talk about how a troll can throw on a cog and not trash his power out like he would with a claw. You really think in content you have any hope of a chance outdps'ing a good prec dps in ranged dps without supercharge cheese or being nature or elec and I'm already at 50k in a bare minimum spec, you've lost your mind.
  11. Rushsteel Active Player

you realize that prec gives higher percentage with metal augments because base prec with the same gear is way lower compared to might right. What me and my leaguemate is trying to do with testing is have prec dps on par with might. If in your testing prec is getting all of those extra buffs your might dps should get extra buffs also. Also tetra is not staple for might dps to run. Only support roles ever run tetra. Same thing with cog for prec. With your logic the prec gets to run 3 artifacts alongside a 4th artifact that a troll is running giving them a might buff? The might dps only gets 2 artifacts plus there own tetra they run. That right there doesn't even make sense man. Do you get what I'm saying. You just said prec dps can run 3 artifacts plus get a might bonus that is pretty good when it comes to testing parsers. The might dps however only gets 3 artifacts? One being a tetra to buff him self.
  12. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

When doing serious testing we use say 3 min of data and log them into the log analyzer. That gives you way better results then just looking at some 10 second parses especially cause your able to break down ever bit of data.

Also you should be using a troll for the prec buff cause we are trying to compare might to prec right? So say if we used no troll and our ideal number was 50k and we balanced prec there then when inside content prec would be over that ideal number now because of the troll buff we didn’t take into consideration.

Another thing for ranged aoe and single target there’s not many options due to weapon combos themselves. St dw/flurry and that does fine. Then for ranged aoe you have hand blasters that I consider the best right now and you can hit 45-50k+ from range with just about every power. Heck that’s better then a lot of might variants of the powers so I’d say while things aren’t perfect they are in a much better spot after this update.
  13. Rushsteel Active Player

He was testing his prec rotations with a troll giving a tetra buff. This as gadgets prec too.
  14. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

It’s great to hear you’re still open to feedback and tweaking on this after it goes live. I don’t have a pc (because tablets and smartphones) so I can’t get on test, but I’ll more than happy to contribute live game-play result data.
  15. L T Devoted Player

I don't think it's a bug. Those combos are insanely long.
  16. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

I don't know how this happened i blame my phone for messing up when i got a call lol
  17. L T Devoted Player

Respectfully, it would be more helpful if you disclosed the particular weapons you're talking about.
  18. Rejchadar Inquisitor

firstly, on the live server these 4 combinations produce almost the same damage (5-10% of the difference) and on the test server the difference is 200% !!!!
    secondly, method 3 and 4 do 50-70% more damage than any other combination on a single target.

take it and just check, it is only 5 minutes of work ....
  19. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

I also did but it was to make up for the missing might I have on test due to lack of skill points. I know what certain things do with live stats so I adjusted my might with the tetra to get as close to my live stats as possible so i didn't have to retest a bunch of might powers with test server stats. I was elec though but power doesn't really matter much with the real tests cause your not doing any fancy stuff, its only when you want to see what you yourself will be able to do with your power on live server that it comes into play.

I guess I double posted this kinda. I wrote it over cause I got a call and didn't think it sent lol
  20. Rushsteel Active Player

Dual pistol sweep shot super clip and brawling haymaker superclip.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.